PDA

View Full Version : Other Has anyone been to the islet of Las Graciosas next to Lanzarote?

rosemary
06-06-2013, 19:01
Has anyone been here? Or has anyone flown or gone by boat to Lanzarote from here? Would love some feedback on this tiny islet.

9PLUS
06-06-2013, 19:46
Great for surfing, fishing and eating fish.

rosemary
06-06-2013, 20:01
So....you have a boat 9plus?? Which reminds me my OH is keen to explore Cape Verde islands and would be happy to be a paid guest/helper if you know of anyone sailing that way....he's not a young man anymore but adventurous and bored. Hails from Jamaica, born and bred there. Likes fishin too. Oh and I just sent you a PM.

9PLUS
06-06-2013, 20:19
I'm afraid I dont have a boat.

But i do have 7 classic longboards,

That reminds me about 16 years ago some people used to laugh and joke when I entered the water with one of those boards under my arm, I remember ha ha bloody ha where are you going with that boat/submarine/door/bar top, never fazed me, I just paddled out back and caught all the big sets. I got my laugh when I dropped in on them I cut their arms off with my razer sharp 11" fin.

Anyway

x

rosemary
06-06-2013, 20:39
Ooooh nice one. So you're a boarder. Like what they used to use in Hawaii in the old days. Bit like my OH's old wooden single water ski, still around somewhere. Happy days....

9PLUS
06-06-2013, 20:40
Yep...........

Belinda
06-06-2013, 22:58
When we were deciding where to relocate after leaving the UK, we went to all the Canary Islands including Graciosa.
Absolutely loved it! Spent about 4 nights there - we had to go back to Lanzarote to extend the car hire and then get the ferry back to Graciosa again, just so we could check it out further.
In the end, we decided that the lack of greenery would probably drive us crazy along with the huge influx of people over the summer. And the fact that we realised we were going to watch the ferry come in as that was the only thing happening.
The people were lovely to us though, it's really special. That was 11 years ago, don't know if it's changed at all.

rosemary
07-06-2013, 05:21
Great feedback Belinda thankyou. Exactly what we needed to know. Not a place to settle in but sure somewhere to visit. x