PDA

View Full Version : Other I'm looking for friendly expats who live in Santa Cruz

hartgoboom
07-06-2013, 17:57
Hi everyone.

This is a bit random but my boyfriend and I just moved to Santa Cruz. We are in our mid twenties, from New Zealand and would love to meet some friendly expats as we are here for at least a year.

Loving life in Tenerife right now!

Tdm
07-06-2013, 20:19
I think you will find that most English speaking ex-pats live in the South on or near the coast.
We have a couple of New Zealanders who own an apartment on our complex, spending 6 months on
North Island and 6 months in Los Cristianos, but they are retirement age. Good luck in making new friends.

doreen
07-06-2013, 23:05
Hi there - welcome to the Forum :)

Just a thought - there are a lot of young people keen to learn/practice English ... might be a way to start to meet others, though not necessarily ex-pats

http://www.conversationexchange.com/s_map/language-exchange.php?town=Tenerife

maz&peter
08-06-2013, 10:37
does your boy frien play rugby if so contact me
Hi everyone.

This is a bit random but my boyfriend and I just moved to Santa Cruz. We are in our mid twenties, from New Zealand and would love to meet some friendly expats as we are here for at least a year.

rosemary
08-06-2013, 11:20
Joining a language class in Santa Cruz to learn Spanish intensively is also a good idea. The University at La Laguna too does Spanish courses.
Have you explored to the north of you BTW - to Las Teresitas beach and the little village of San Andres and on up the mountain to the 'lost' village of Igueste San Andres. Beautiful part of the island. SC is a great city to live in. Was highly recommended by Daily telegraph. Sorry but we too are oldies!!! And love NZ.

Good luck. Enjoy the summer beach scene!

MarkNZ
09-06-2013, 16:31
does your boy frien play rugby if so contact me

Hi there! I am the boyfriend and my name's Mark.
I played more football at school as my Dad's English, but I'm keen for a game of Rugby for sure!

MrsW
17-06-2013, 14:25
Hi everyone.

Hi, my husband and me moved over here a couple of weeks ago. We're absolutely loving it! We live in Puerto de la Cruz and have met plenty of new people already. We are in our 30s/40s but have meet people of all ages. Drop us a line if you want to meet up any time. Good luck with your new life:-)

Gareth Clough
05-01-2014, 18:57
Hi everyone.

Hello. I live near santa cruz and would like to meet some expats too. I'm from the UK but the only people I know well are locals or south americans. I miss speaking english with a native speaker! I also know a few spanish people who want to practice their english and would be happy to meet you. We usually meet for a beer on a friday or saturday. So send me a message if you want to organise something. Also there's a language interchange group that meets every thursday in SC which is really good.

Rickiebear
06-01-2014, 07:24
Hi, there is an English community in Puerto de la Cruz, including an English speaking Church and English library.

babybadger
20-01-2014, 18:44
I am near Santa Cruz (San Andres , when I am not predominantly in UK, wife and kids are there and I back and forth to UK for work)