PDA

View Full Version : Tax Do I need to do a de la renta?

max
10-06-2013, 10:28
I am working and have a contract. Do I have to do a de la renta, or is it just self employed people that do one?

TenerifeTeddy
10-06-2013, 10:54
As you are employed, rather than self-employed I don't think you have to do one unless you earn over €22,000, but you may be entitled to a tax rebate if you fill one in once your allowances are taken into account.

There are others better qualified on here such as Goldenmaniac who would be able to advise you better.

atlantico
10-06-2013, 14:00
thought everyone who earned an income had to do this, or at least would be beneficial to do so, as tax is taken at source at full % amount, by employer, so you can claim any over payment back ?

louisecox
10-06-2013, 18:52
I always think it is better to do one even though not obligatory, we are always asked for our last declaration for school etc. You can do it online or take all paperwork to the Hacienda, you never know you might get a rebate.

Goldenmaniac
10-06-2013, 20:07
Whether there is an obligation or not it is often useful for you to do the renta and if you have any sort of additional income from outside Spain it is obligatory.
You can work it through - either on line by accessing your "borrador" or can make an appointment to see an assessor for free so it needent cost you to do the renta return.
You have until the end of this month.

Emmity
11-06-2013, 12:27
Hi would you have any recommendations for assessors to use? Friends of mine have been paying 70euros to get their forms done but I thought it may be easier to do it online. Unfortunately my computer doesn't like the agencia tributaria website! The paperwork is driving me nuts

Goldenmaniac
11-06-2013, 16:14
Hi would you have any recommendations for assessors to use? Friends of mine have been paying 70euros to get their forms done but I thought it may be easier to do it online. Unfortunately my computer doesn't like the agencia tributaria website! The paperwork is driving me nuts
Have PM'd you