PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Jazz pianist looking for work in north Tenerife

muzzician
12-06-2013, 17:26
Jazz pianist looking for classy place to play in the North. Any thoughts and advices?

marbro8
12-06-2013, 20:29
Jazz pianist looking for classy place to play in the North. Any thoughts and advices?i think your best bet would be to try some of the classier hotels? i know they have a good pianist at the arona gran in los cris:)

slodgedad
13-06-2013, 00:54
Jazz pianist looking for classy place to play in the North. Any thoughts and advices?

I have moved your post to a thread of it's own where it is more likely to be noticed.

Megaloo
13-06-2013, 09:02
Not sure if the Botanico Hotel have a pianist, I know they do have some entertainment. Canarybird may be along with any other ideas.

tracy hampshire
13-06-2013, 09:16
try the hotels in puerto de la cruz, or the cafe de paris, they have a pianist .

canarybird
13-06-2013, 10:02
Yes I would suggest try the hotels which have music evenings in their cocktail lounges, such as the Hotel Botanico and yes the Cafe de Paris or the Rancho Grande at San Telmo.

Then there's also the Abaco, (http://www.abacotenerife.com/en/) an old Canary house which has been refurbished to include a cocktail lounge and musical events, just up the road from the Hotel Botanico.

muzzician
13-06-2013, 11:12
That's lovely! I am just fishing in the dark but the tip is great! Thank you Canarybird. I guess I will brush up my demos and update them and try my best! Cheers!

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Thanks a lot! I was actually thinking about Puerto de la Cruz.
Do you know what are the possibilities for me as an piano accompanist to get in touch with solo singer. Preferred style is mainstream jazz...
Cheers

TOTO 99
13-06-2013, 11:31
Nice.............:laugh:

Muppet
13-06-2013, 12:28
Be warned though - Unlikely you would get any work in a hotel anywhere unless you were with an Agent (by which you would be "legal") or unless you were properly self-employed - with all the associated costs and insurances.