PDA

View Full Version : Other Can't make my hotel reservation. Can I sell it on?

dargo18
13-06-2013, 12:47
I have a non-refundable hotel reservation for tomorrow (Friday 14th June) but I can't make the trip.

Is there any way I can sell it on to someone else and change the name at this stage? It's in Sunset Bay Club, Adeje.

Jumpinjax
13-06-2013, 12:49
I have a non-refundable hotel reservation for tomorrow (Friday 14th June) but I can't make the trip.

Is there any way I can sell it on to someone else and change the name at this stage? It's in Sunset Bay Club, Adeje.

If paid with credit / debit card you may be able to claim back.

dargo18
13-06-2013, 13:29
How would I go about doing that?

I ordered it with my RBS Debit Card online, thanks :)

I just found this article, not sure if it applies to me, but mentions holiday? http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/working_lunch/7593369.stm

candy2411
13-06-2013, 22:00
sorry but would think it highly unlikely your card provider can get a refund if it is your decision not to take up the reservation made.
The safeguards in place regarding paying by card are there to protect the consumer in the event the merchant or in this case, the hotel, goes out of business or fails to deliver what was paid for.

If you have travel insurance ,and depending on your reason not to take up the booking, you may have cause to try making a claim but there would probably be an excess to pay.

anto3
13-06-2013, 22:45
I am sure there is a number you can ring. BOOKED FOR A FRIEND LAST WEEK AND SHE COULD NOT MAKE IT SO ANOTHER FRIEND WENT. IT WAS NOT A PROBLEM. JUST NEED TO RING AND EXPLAIN BUT WILL NOT GET YOUR ONEY BACK UNLESS YOU GIVE 5 DAYS NOTICE