PDA

View Full Version : Employment What is Telesales/Call Centre work like in south Tenerife?

SparklySkies
13-06-2013, 16:34
Hi, wondering what the telemarketing work as advertised on here is really like? Anybody currently (or previously)
doing this type of work in south Tenerife? What is the realistic pay, hours, working conditions? Is it all 'cold calling' and what nationality do you call? I would only consider
office based or 'call centre' work not wondering the streets stuff...

Any information would be helpful. Thank you. :spin:

rosemary
13-06-2013, 17:22
From the second hand info I have received it's like anywhere else, a total nightmare. Unless you are a hardened tough cookie who actually enjoys all that daily shouting and pushing to 'get on with your targets'!!! God help em I say. Even the sunshine is not worth this kind of daily humiliation.

kiwiphil
13-06-2013, 18:26
Yep, pretty sure all of the people employed in call centers would rather be unemployed. Its worse than jail.

SparklySkies
13-06-2013, 20:56
Yes it's not the best job ever, lol, but has anybody actually worked in one over here??

slodgedad
14-06-2013, 01:08
Yes it's not the best job ever, lol, but has anybody actually worked in one over here??
My wife did for a few months and she can talk to anybody (hind leg etc.) after years of repping in the UK.

Never earned much because she was too honest.

lovereef
20-10-2013, 17:17
Worked for Resort propertys from the beverly hills top of los cris, and must say the training is SUPERB>the expectations are that you do your fair share of calling (so not to much to concern you there) the enviroment is RELAXED and ENJOYABLE !!! while there the only time there was shouting was when a telemarketer got a booking we all joined in a CONGA around the office .Oh yeah and for having to put up with all that,they actually pay you a very liveable basic wage plus good rates of bonus .. Now who wants all that i ask you . No am NOT connected to them in anyway i simply was trained then by a man i knew a mark cushway a very skilled man and then put it enjoyably/successfully into practise untill HAD to come back to uk (personal) Good fortune to you all in all you do.ray.
Now in uk eagerly waiting a months stay on your BEAUTIFUL isle from 3rd Dec this.

Medanoman
24-10-2013, 00:03
Yep, pretty sure all of the people employed in call centers would rather be unemployed. Its worse than jail.

I went to some that were like working in the black hole of Calcutta, with 40 odd people crammed into an office that normally would only accommodate 4 desks it was below ground level with only a few skylights and only one door in and out......I was told in the interview that there were plans to move to a bigger office........I didn't get the job, I think it might have been because I said they should call me when they get the new office as the one they were in was breaking about half a dozen Spanish fire and heath regulations.