PDA

View Full Version : IKEA Punto opening shortly in Las Chafiras

Canarian Weekly
14-06-2013, 11:00
The sign is going up on the new IKEA store in Las Chafiras as we go to print. Located on the same block as Textile Sur and the large Las Chafiras store. It looks as if the one level warehouse is going to be a ‘Punto’ similar to that on the smaller islands such as [...]

More... (http://www.canarianweekly.com/ikea-punto/)

mike in chayofa
26-06-2013, 13:50
A sign on the gate says that it opens this Friday 28th June.

There are loads of people on site working like mad, but it looks like they will need nothing short of a miracle to be ready.

mike in chayofa
28-06-2013, 15:32
It's very small ... as expected. Basically a 'catalogue store'. They have crammed quite a lot into it but you can't buy anything directly, you have to order it and collect the following day.

The car park is tiny. The instrucions for ordering were handed out on a leaflet on entry to the store ... surprisingly they are only in Spanish. Considering the location, I would have expected them to be in English and German too.

The road out of Las Chafiras was very busy, chaos even. Best bet is to turn right and first left to do a U turn to get back to the motorway, Golf del Sur etc

IMO a waste of space, effort and money

Loaded
28-06-2013, 20:01
I would disagree with it being a waste of time - it connects the south with the north. No need to pay Ikeas expensive delivery charges - great !

slodgedad
28-06-2013, 20:05
I would disagree with it being a waste of time - it connects the south with the north. No need to pay Ikeas expensive delivery charges - great !
Still have to have it delivered though.

Loaded
28-06-2013, 23:39
Still have to have it delivered though.

Personally: no i won't because I can safely fit what I've ordered in my car and do two trips from los cristianos - better than two trips to la Laguna.....

Or I can Do as you say and get it delivered by a friendly van man.... Won't cost 90 euros will it?

Foz
02-07-2013, 19:35
I bought a new bed in the store in the north today. They will deliver it FREE OF CHARGE (!!!!) to the Ikea Punto in Las Chafiras tomorrow. We can either collect it from there ourselves or they will charge 25€ to deliver it to my home in Escalona. I was quoted 25€ before giving my address so I presume this is the charge to any address in the south (though I can't confirm that!) I was told that the free delivery to the south is a promotion as it has just opened and they don't know how long it will remain free.

emmess
02-07-2013, 19:50
Oh, wish that had been there when we bought the apartment a few years ago. rolleyes2:

Tickey
02-07-2013, 20:13
I heard there is a minimum spend of €20 :wow: