PDA

View Full Version : Other Missing El Chiringuito beach bar in La Caleta

Scott in FL
16-06-2013, 15:20
Happy Father's Day! Does anyone know if the new beach bar at Playa La Enramada near La Caleta is anything like the old El Chiringuito beach bar? Have any new beach bars popped up in that area? I really miss El Chiringuito, and feel it was special and irreplaceable. It was always one of my favorite places to go during our visit to Tenerife, and haven't been back to that area since a few years after it closed. Anyone know if the new beach bar near the H10 hotel is anything like the old El Chiringuito? Thanks.

junglejim
16-06-2013, 17:47
Haven't been to La Caleta for a few weeks but there is no bar - the replacement bar was taken away without ever opening .
Totally ruined a decent quiet beach and great chill out spot - well done Adeje Ayuntamiento !

Scott in FL
16-06-2013, 18:38
Sorry to hear that. Thanks for the update.

seanocelt
16-06-2013, 20:08
Scott, in a kinda reverse to your post, how's West Florida? I gigged Irish Pubs in Brandon, St Pete Beach and Naples for 7 years still have friends there, left in 2006.

Scott in FL
17-06-2013, 00:26
We moved here from the UK in 2007 and like it, especially this time of year when it's quiet. We spent the afternoon on the beach, and it was nearly empty. The down side, as you know, is it's very hot and humid this time of year. That's what I love about Tenerife: no humidity, and no bugs!

It's just so difficult and expensive to get to Tenerife now. Drive to Miami, overnight flight to Madrid, flight to Tenerife South (if you're lucky, otherwise it's Tenerife North)....

seanocelt
17-06-2013, 01:35
Yes its a UK stopover to make it worth it for me; i do not miss the humidity or bugs of FLA: miss the food and lifestyle. And the tips!!