PDA

View Full Version : What paperwork is needed to open a bank account in Tenerife?

eggletonjo
18-06-2013, 15:50
Does anyone know what paperwork is needed to open a bank account in Tenerife, either as a resident or non-resident. Thanks

Taylor
18-06-2013, 17:05
Resident : NIE number
Non Resident :Passport Number

simple as that

Goldenmaniac
18-06-2013, 23:57
Resident : NIE number
Non Resident :Passport Number

simple as that
Nah sorry not that simple these days as well as the above you will need to take -
Resident - employed paperwork (contract) or self employed paperwork (modelo 36) or modelo 30 from tax office or declaracion de la renta
Non resident - Utility bill or similar to prove address in UK and payslip or P60 or similar to prove non fiscal resident status here

Taylor
19-06-2013, 08:30
[QUOTE=Goldenmaniac;296127]Nah sorry not that simple these days as well as the above you will need to take -
Resident - employed paperwork (contract) or self employed paperwork (modelo 36) or modelo 30 from tax office or declaracion de la renta
Non resident - Utility bill or similar to prove address in UK and payslip or P60 or similar to prove non fiscal resident status here[/QUOT
BBVA only required Passport from me.........different criteria per Bank I guess

Goldenmaniac
19-06-2013, 09:02
That's interesting - when was that? Most new accounts opened recently have required some sort of proof of fiscal status

slodgedad
20-06-2013, 00:44
That's interesting - when was that? Most new accounts opened recently have required some sort of proof of fiscal status

I,me on Goldenmaniac side......She is Spot on:agree:
Exactly. The accounts that are referred to must be old ones as it was simple before.

But since the clampdown it's not so straightforward as before.

Similar to the rules on new residencias, proof of income or a job offer and tax status are needed.

Taylor
20-06-2013, 01:45
Opened my account 28th Jan St Eugene Branch Passport and Lease agreement was all I had to show, so as I said unless it's changed since then horses for courses regarding some Banks obviously. apart from the 3 hour time it took to do it....was all very simple!

slodgedad
20-06-2013, 02:22
Opened my account 28th Jan St Eugene Branch Passport and Lease agreement was all I had to show, so as I said unless it's changed since then horses for courses regarding some Banks obviously. apart from the 3 hour time it took to do it....was all very simple!
Things have changed this year. My daughter wanted to open a bank account now she is working with a full contract and was so annoyed and frustrated (as young 'uns seem to get) at the fuss that she didn't bother and opted for cash and gives it to me to bank for her.

limmylimoux
29-06-2013, 20:29
Hi we opened non resident accounts at Bancsabadell in Los Christianos last week. The girl we saw spoke perfect English. She asked for passport, some identification stating name and address. In our case it was our English address and I used my driving license my husband used his last pay advice. . We had all kinds of paperwork with us but she said she didn't need it. We also set up a standing order to transfer money from our Lloyds acc in uk. there is no charge and free use of atm machines at servired.
We collect our cards on Monday and have already used online services. Simple.

Goldenmaniac
30-06-2013, 10:55
Hi we opened non resident accounts at Bancsabadell in Los Christianos last week. The girl we saw spoke perfect English. She asked for passport, some identification stating name and address. In our case it was our English address and I used my driving license my husband used his last pay advice. . We had all kinds of paperwork with us but she said she didn't need it. We also set up a standing order to transfer money from our Lloyds acc in uk. there is no charge and free use of atm machines at servired.
We collect our cards on Monday and have already used online services. Simple.
That's good news then - they just want proof of your UK address - but by your husband giving his pay slip he proved he was UK fiscally resident anyway - Sabadel is obviously the place to go :) Pity they have such few branches.

BrianT
27-04-2014, 21:34
Can anybody give details on the info required to open a non resident bank account now as I expect it may have changed.
Thanks.

Tom & Sharon
27-04-2014, 22:52
Can anybody give details on the info required to open a non resident bank account now as I expect it may have changed.
Thanks.

We opened a new account with Banca March in San Blas 2 weeks ago, as we are changing from Barclays.

We took passports, driving licences and proof of income from UK, P60 and 3 payslips.

It was quick, efficient and painless. The lady in Banca March spoke absolutely perfect English, she was extremely helpful, and the whole process took about 30 mins.

We were very impressed.

kathml
28-04-2014, 19:08
It's not the local branches to blame if Madrid aren't happy with paperwork they will cancel account (no appeal I gather and you start again ) for non resident a/c proof of address proof of income passport are all you need Advice from bank director this afternoon banco Santander

CIM
29-04-2014, 12:25
Different banks ask for different things. Some will do it just on passports. I have opened 10 or more this year with a single email, this may just be because I introduce business to banks or they may do this for everyone - not sure, but its very useful for non-resident buyers.
Others want a utility bill for proof of address which is reasonable enough. Those who ask for wage slips and P60īs for non-residents I donīt bother with, no need for all that for a bog standard current account. Better to phone ahead, confirm what they need and take it with you but it is still relatively easy and straightforward.

Angusjim
29-04-2014, 12:31
Andy how do you get banks over there to answer E mails ?

CIM
29-04-2014, 12:34
Its been long old road to finding a few good branches I can deal with and get consistent results from!

Angusjim
29-04-2014, 12:38
Its been long old road to finding a few good branches I can deal with and get consistent results from!

I am trying close an account but will probably just wait till I am over later in the year

BrianT
13-05-2014, 23:56
Thanks.
Update: we went to Santander on Monday to ask about opening a non resident bank account (they were recommended to us) we were told that we needed pay slips, passports and work contract. We had the fist 2 but not the work contracts. I have worked for the same national company for 34 years although the name has changed, don't think the original contract dated 1980 would have been accepted even if I had it with us. The big problem was the attitude of the woman she was abrupt with no customer skills at all. Think we will stay with the bank we are with. Better the devil you know !!!!,