PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get Swiss francs at short notice?

Tenerife Blade
18-06-2013, 16:51
I've been to the airport to try and change some Euro's for Swiss francs, but they only buy francs, not sell them. Does anyone know where I can buy them without having to order them?

It's not a biggie if i can't get hold of them, but I'd prefer to have a few in my pocket for when I arrive there. Any help would be much appreciated.:tiphat:

Balcony
19-06-2013, 07:43
Why not buy francs at your arrival airport?

Tenerife Blade
19-06-2013, 08:21
Why not buy francs at your arrival airport?

My arrival airport is in Italy where it's likely i'll be able to buy some, but as I'm then heading straight over The Alps into Switzerland, it would be nice to have a few francs in my pocket when I arrive, just in case they only buy francs at my arrival airport too.

Like I said, it's not a big deal, as I will have plastic with me too.

universal
19-06-2013, 13:25
The Swiss readily accept the € in all almost all establishments.
Although, as most things there, you will pay for the privilege.

Tenerife Blade
19-06-2013, 13:55
The Swiss readily accept the € in all almost all establishments.
Although, as most things there, you will pay for the privilege.

Thanks for that info. I know it's expensive at the best of times, but at least I know I should be OK with euro's until I get hold of some francs.

Brian Lewis
19-06-2013, 14:53
We them get out of the nearest atm as we get into Switzerland.

Most of the Northern Italian Airports have Swiss Francs available but we've found the rates are poor.

Tenerife Blade
19-06-2013, 14:58
We them get out of the nearest atm as we get into Switzerland.

Most of the Northern Italian Airports have Swiss Francs available but we've found the rates are poor.

That's my plan Brian. Just going to change about €50 at the airport in case I need a butty or something, and then call at a bank or ATM on my way. Thanks for the advice.

henry
19-06-2013, 22:28
can you order them at your local bank?

universal
20-06-2013, 11:19
That's my plan Brian. Just going to change about €50 at the airport in case I need a butty or something, and then call at a bank or ATM on my way. Thanks for the advice.

Better change €100 in case you want a drink with your butty!!!