PDA

View Full Version : Santa Cruz and Bono Card

olive
20-06-2013, 11:20
I will be travelling to to Candelaria Hospital for tratment every day, Mon - Frid for a month.
Can anyone tell me, which would be the most economic travel card to get and how much the return journey with specific card would cost. I am trying to work out the savings between car and bus.
Also how long does the bus journey take. Much appreciated folks.

junglejim
20-06-2013, 11:31
The Bono card is either €15/25 and the journey to/from Santa Cruz is €5.95 each way with Bono - the Transvia Tram up to/from Candelaria hospital is about 20 minutes and is included in your Bono Fare if you travel within a certain time (1 hour I think).
Depending on whether you take 111/110 the time on bus can vary from 1hr 10 to one hour depending on traffic .
http://www.titsa.com/index.php?accion=tarifas&IdSeccion=52

I don't know about parking or parking charges .
You could take car to Santa Cruz and get tram up using a Bono too .
You can buy a discount ticket for Transvia as well .
http://www.tranviatenerife.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=23&Itemid=51

timmylish
20-06-2013, 13:01
A very detailed reply by JJ as usual.
Having spent time going to and fro Candalaria Hosp. the thought of going by bus would drive me crazy. The sheer time in getting from home to hospital might be as much as just shy of three hours, each way! I may be doing the same trip myself later this year and depending on my health will definitely drive. You can get on street parking 10 minutes walk away so an hour each way would suffice. Feul is cheaper than the fares and time is cut in more than half. For me a no brainer!
Anyway, very best of luck and I wish you well.

olive
20-06-2013, 16:02
Thankyou for a very detailed answer. It will be most useful.
Just for info, we have been paying 2 euros to the guys in the hospital parking area at the front. If the car park is full, you leave them with your keys and they double park it. They shift it around if needs be.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Thankyou timmylish, I think I will be following your lead.

bonitatime
22-06-2013, 08:14
I would drive if you can as the change onto the Tranvia adds 40 mins to each journey