PDA

View Full Version : Other Which airlines have low excess baggage charges?

bigbite
23-06-2013, 11:47
what are some airlines that have low excess baggage charges

TOTO 99
23-06-2013, 12:54
what are some airlines that have low excess baggage charges

Have I got this right, you're actually planning to travel with excess baggage?

imablue
23-06-2013, 13:26
check out Jet2..they now allow (charge for) upto 3 bags 22 kgs at around 22 pounds per bag.. plus the usual 10kg hand luggage ...depending on where you are flying to/from..

Saltnpepper
23-06-2013, 13:38
If you book Monarch's Essentials pack, they allow you up to 23kgs of luggage, plus the 10kg hand luggage, & you also get seat allocation & online check-in

kiwiphil
23-06-2013, 14:27
Fly Easyjet and take only a single Sports equipment bag. This gives you 32kg. Hand baggage is limited only by size, not weight. Put the heavy iems in there. And wear a coat with lots of pockets.

Do not book multiple tickets on the same booking, or the way they pool baggage messes things up.

With this plan I have successfully carried 50kg for around £25 one way.

kez1000
23-06-2013, 16:52
Like it kiwiphil, preparation - The breakfast of champions!

Skeggy
23-06-2013, 17:02
Fly Easyjet and take only a single Sports equipment bag. This gives you 32kg. Hand baggage is limited only by size, not weight. Put the heavy iems in there. And wear a coat with lots of pockets.

Do not book multiple tickets on the same booking, or the way they pool baggage messes things up.

With this plan I have successfully carried 50kg for around £25 one way.

Have you checked Easy Jets new sizing for carry on luggage......

New Easyjet cabin baggage rule

Just read this on the Which website:-

EasyJet has introduced new cabin bag rules that will guarantee passengers with hand luggage no bigger than 50 x 40 x 20cm can keep their bag with them in the cabin.

The current maximum size permitted, 56cm x 45cm x 25cm, will remain unchanged, but passengers with a bag of this size may find that they have to put their bag in the hold if the flight is busy.

The policy changes, which come into force on 2 July, will mean that passengers who want to ensure their hand luggage is permitted in overhead lockers, or under the seat in front of them, will need to buy a cabin bag that meets the reduced dimensions.

Something to bear in mind when packing perhaps.

kiwiphil
25-06-2013, 10:22
Have you checked Easy Jets new sizing for carry on luggage......

New Easyjet cabin baggage rule

Just read this on the Which website:-

EasyJet has introduced new cabin bag rules that will guarantee passengers with hand luggage no bigger than 50 x 40 x 20cm can keep their bag with them in the cabin.

The current maximum size permitted, 56cm x 45cm x 25cm, will remain unchanged, but passengers with a bag of this size may find that they have to put their bag in the hold if the flight is busy.

The policy changes, which come into force on 2 July, will mean that passengers who want to ensure their hand luggage is permitted in overhead lockers, or under the seat in front of them, will need to buy a cabin bag that meets the reduced dimensions.

Something to bear in mind when packing perhaps.

I think we will be fine on flights here. I have done 20 or so with Easyjet to / from Tenerife in the past year and the overhead space is never too full. I think its mainly aimed at the shorter haul flights where alot of people don't take any hold baggage.

Of course time will tell.

Graceylacey
25-06-2013, 22:47
Jet2 offer the best for allowance. A friend of mine booked a flight with the normal 22 luggage allowance plus 10 for hand luggage and then paid 10 quid for an extra suitcase giving her another 22, so in total 54 for one person, not bad at all

slodgedad
26-06-2013, 01:07
I have read this thread numerous times and I still can't understand why anyone would want to know about excess luggage charges.

You can prebook extra luggage with most airlines for a reasonable fee so why risk excess?