PDA

View Full Version : Other Buda bar closed

ROSSCO
25-06-2013, 13:43
Does anyone know why BUDA BAR (BAR UNION DE AMERICAS) across the road from the hotel Bitacora in Las Americas has been closed for about a week.

Medman
25-06-2013, 14:53
Does anyone know why BUDA BAR (BAR UNION DE AMERICAS) across the road from the hotel Bitacora in Las Americas has been closed for about a week.

Don't know, but it won't be because they were selling thier drink too cheaply ! ...... :tongue:

BobMac
25-06-2013, 15:02
Don't know, but it won't be because they were selling thier drink too cheaply ! ...... :tongue:

Probably because they weren't selling their drinks cheaply.

ROSSCO
25-06-2013, 15:13
Have always thought the drinks prices were reasonable for a upmarket lounge bar like this. This bar is aiming for the same market as magic bar and Monkey bar who are also not cheap.

Medman
25-06-2013, 15:56
Have always thought the drinks prices were reasonable for a upmarket lounge bar like this. This bar is aiming for the same market as magic bar and Monkey bar who are also not cheap.

The Magic Bar in particular is extortionate, and certainly not attracting "upmarket" clientele the night I was in last year. It looked more like upmarket prostitutes and their clients. I like the Monkey Bar. :D

Skeggy
25-06-2013, 18:04
The Magic Bar in particular is extortionate, and certainly not attracting "upmarket" clientele the night I was in last year. It looked more like upmarket prostitutes and their clients. I like the Monkey Bar. :D

What does upmarket mean ?......

marbro8
25-06-2013, 18:07
Don't know, but it won't be because they were selling thier drink too cheaply ! ...... :tongue:because me and my wife had gone out the night before and i had got hammered spending just 10 euros, we decided to have an expensive night to even it out, so we started at harry's bar in safari center then round to the budda bar to finish the night off, and ended spending €100 between the two places, so not cheap, but they did throw in some complimentary peanuts:laugh:

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

What does upmarket mean ?......it means you are cultured:D;)

Medman
25-06-2013, 18:08
What does upmarket mean ?......

They take visa for access ? ....... :D

because me and my wife had gone out the night before and i had got hammered spending just 10 euros, we decided to have an expensive night to even it out, so we started at harry's bar in safari center then round to the budda bar to finish the night off, and ended spending €100 between the two places, so not cheap, but they did throw in some complimentary peanuts:laugh:

it means you are cultured:D;)

I like nuts that give me compliments !

Upmarket = pretentious pehaps ??

marbro8
25-06-2013, 18:37

Upmarket = pretentious pehaps ??yes i would agree but i said cultured because it was something i said to skeggy a while back:wink2:

Skeggy
25-06-2013, 22:00
yes i would agree but i said cultured because it was something i said to skeggy a while back:wink2:

It's all coming back to me now.........I've been in the Buda Bar, before I became cultured.......

megsdad
26-06-2013, 12:16
so in answer to your question Rossco nobody on here has a scooby doo why its closed but thanks for giving the opportunity to slag off something that may help raise peoples expectations of bars in Tenerife, but unless its a€ a pint and quiz, karaoke, bingo or footy on 60 inch screen , youre on the wrong site mate

ROSSCO
26-06-2013, 13:47
so in answer to your question Rossco nobody on here has a scooby doo why its closed but thanks for giving the opportunity to slag off something that may help raise peoples expectations of bars in Tenerife, but unless its a€ a pint and quiz, karaoke, bingo or footy on 60 inch screen , youre on the wrong site mate

Thought these up-market bars and restaurants were what the Tenerife government was wanting, hence the directive of only 5* hotels being built to encourage a more up-market tourist who want more than 1€ pints, plastic patio chairs, and greasy English breakfasts. Why don't the tourists that are wanting 1€ pints, etc just go to Benidorm where the do that rather well?? Currently I am sitting in a Canarian bar in El Medano, drinking a Mojito cocktail - no lookielookie men, no annoying PR's - this is what Tenerife should be - doesn't need to be Blackpool with sun.

Angusjim
26-06-2013, 14:00
Thought these up-market bars and restaurants were what the Tenerife government was wanting, hence the directive of only 5* hotels being built to encourage a more up-market tourist who want more than 1€ pints, plastic patio chairs, and greasy English breakfasts. Why don't the tourists that are wanting 1€ pints, etc just go to Benidorm where the do that rather well?? Currently I am sitting in a Canarian bar in El Medano, drinking a Mojito cocktail - no lookielookie men, no annoying PR's - this is what Tenerife should be - doesn't need to be Blackpool with sun.

There is plenty room in Tenerife for all whether you want a one euro pint or a mojito cocktail:wink2:

kathml
26-06-2013, 14:19
Mojitos in el Medano are normally between 2.50/3.50 ea and even the cheap ones are excellent value and while not a totally Canarian experience are a whole lot better than the bigger resorts with none of the drawbacks

As for the five star rubbish god save Medano from ever suffering that fate. Most f them are inferior four stars anywhere else

Medman
26-06-2013, 14:51

So it's got to be over-priced to be upmarket ? Don't think you. Value for money is the name of the game, and not how little or how much it costs.

Angusjim
26-06-2013, 14:54
So it's got to be over-priced to be upmarket ? Don't think you. Value for money is the name of the game, and not how little or how much it costs.

Spoken like a TRUE Scotsman :scotland::)

Malteser Monkey
26-06-2013, 15:04

No Access anymore it's Mastercard:D

Only a nutter would give you a compliment MDM:twak::D:bowdown:

ROSSCO
26-06-2013, 15:41

Won't see you in the Beresford any time soon then:lol::spin::laugh:

Medman
26-06-2013, 18:31
Won't see you in the Beresford any time soon then:lol::spin::laugh:

Maybe The Monkey Bar or The Sir Anthony though ...... :D

[QUOTE=Malteser Monkey;297646]No Access anymore it's Mastercard:D

Would you credit that !

ROSSCO
26-06-2013, 21:45
BUDA BAR is now open again, must have shut for holidays. Same singer and staff, and was busy earlier when I was in.

marbro8
26-06-2013, 23:51
There is plenty room in Tenerife for all whether you want a one euro pint or a mojito cocktail:wink2:no angusjim the majority of us are philistines and are not welcome;)lets just sit back and watch 60% of the tenerife economy colapse:(