PDA

View Full Version : Anybody fancy reading my dad's books on Kindle?

Tom & Sharon
28-06-2013, 14:09
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Parker-Jon/e/B00AKWB4EE/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_1

My dad has been wiling away his retirement in Spain writing historical war fiction novels. He has taken it very seriously and has now uploaded 6 of them to Kindle bookstore. He has priced them cheaply because he just wants people to read and enjoy them.

If anyone enjoys that kind of fiction, could you maybe give them a whirl and see what you think. He really has spent thousands of hours researching and writing them. If you do enjoy them, please could you leave a review either on Amazon or here?

Thanks, Sharon.

atlantico
28-06-2013, 15:43
can you recommend one, or which one was his first and last book ?

Noticed that The Taker of Souls was the first to be uploaded, I read the description, and bought it straight away - just up my street that, can't wait to read it, but have to finish the book i'm on first ! Thanks again

Tom & Sharon
28-06-2013, 17:36
can you recommend one, or which one was his first and last book ?

Noticed that The Taker of Souls was the first to be uploaded, I read the description, and bought it straight away - just up my street that, can't wait to read it, but have to finish the book i'm on first ! Thanks again

The Taker of Souls is the first one you are right.

2. Blood Road
3. The China Raid
4. The Outpost
5. A halo for Ho Chi Minh

These are a series and there is a 6th one to be published yet.

"Jacobite" is a stand alone book.

Let me know what you think!

marbro8
28-06-2013, 20:14
i will give em a look:) wish your dad all the best;)

pearlandfrank
29-06-2013, 09:12
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Parker-Jon/e/B00AKWB4EE/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_1

My dad has been wiling away his retirement in Spain writing historical war fiction novels. He has taken it very seriously and has now uploaded 6 of them to Kindle bookstore. He has priced them cheaply because he just wants people to read and enjoy them.

If anyone enjoys that kind of fiction, could you maybe give them a whirl and see what you think. He really has spent thousands of hours researching and writing them. If you do enjoy them, please could you leave a review either on Amazon or here?

Thanks, Sharon.

I am a KOBO man chance of the books being uploaded to KOBO.

melm
29-06-2013, 12:09
Gee how clever is your dad what a great achievement:respect:

atlantico
03-07-2013, 01:38
Wow ! so far, 43% through the first book - your Dad is brilliant ! He had me hooked from the start. He sure does like killing and blood and guts !! Lol

I can honestly say that so far it's one of my most enjoyable reads to date - I am 100% going to download all the others. The detail and research thats gone into the book is remarkable.

I so hope all the others are of the same sort of storyline because this is the only type of book I read. As soon as 'Special Forces' is mentioned in a synopsis then I'm a fan !

Andy McNab, Chris Ryan, and others - watch out ! You have competition !

Full review will be posted on Amazon once completed the book - but for now, ' Thanks for sharing, and thanks to your Dad'

Tom & Sharon
03-07-2013, 08:55
I am a KOBO man chance of the books being uploaded to KOBO.

I'll ask him to look into it. I'm not sure if everything would have to be re configured.

Wow ! so far, 43% through the first book - your Dad is brilliant ! He had me hooked from the start. He sure does like killing and blood and guts !! Lol

I can honestly say that so far it's one of my most enjoyable reads to date - I am 100% going to download all the others. The detail and research thats gone into the book is remarkable.

I so hope all the others are of the same sort of storyline because this is the only type of book I read. As soon as 'Special Forces' is mentioned in a synopsis then I'm a fan !

Andy McNab, Chris Ryan, and others - watch out ! You have competition !

Full review will be posted on Amazon once completed the book - but for now, ' Thanks for sharing, and thanks to your Dad'

Thanks Atlantico. It's his birthday today, he's 72. He's read war books, fact and fiction all his life and when he retired thought he'd try his own. There are now 7 at the moment!

I'll pass on your comments to him. Could you leave a review on Amazon when you've read it please? He's selling quite a few now, but people are slow to leave reviews.

He's got a website as well, which our son is doing for him, http://authorparkerjon.com/ You can read the full synopsis of each book on there and see if you fancy all the others.

His real name is actually Derek Gorrill, but he has taken the name from his grandfather (my great grandfather) whose name was Parker Jon Gorrill.

Thanks again.

Sundowner
03-07-2013, 10:35
I have had a look at his website and like the synopses of his books...........but I do not have a kindle:cry: Is there any other way I can read them?

Tom & Sharon
03-07-2013, 16:09
I have had a look at his website and like the synopses of his books...........but I do not have a kindle:cry: Is there any other way I can read them?

I don't know the answer to that. They're not "in print" cos they're on Kindle, but he does have hard copies. I'll ask him.

ofimart
04-07-2013, 11:06
Hi Sharon,

I've told Martin my other half about this book ,(he's a total bookworm). He's downloaded it and he'll write a review when he's finished it. Well done to your Dad by the way, what a lovely way to spend his retirement !!

Jacquie. x

ofimart
08-07-2013, 10:50
Good morning Sharon,

I read the book over the weekend and I thoroughly enjoyed it. After the second chapter it really started to move along at a roaring pace and drew you in. In my opinion the writing compares favourably to the authors mentioned by Atlantico, (in fact I enjoyed it much more than Ryan and McNab !). I will certainly be downloading the rest of his books for sure !

Martin .

delderek
08-07-2013, 11:01
Halfway through the first one. A cracking read. I agree as good as, if not better than McNab or Ryan.

Tom & Sharon
08-07-2013, 14:12
Good morning Sharon,

I read the book over the weekend and I thoroughly enjoyed it. After the second chapter it really started to move along at a roaring pace and drew you in. In my opinion the writing compares favourably to the authors mentioned by Atlantico, (in fact I enjoyed it much more than Ryan and McNab !). I will certainly be downloading the rest of his books for sure !

Martin .

Halfway through the first one. A cracking read. I agree as good as, if not better than McNab or Ryan.

Thanks guys, I'll pass on your messages.

Can I ask if you can do a review on Amazon as well if you've the time? It would be much appreciated.

Sharon.

atlantico
09-07-2013, 12:45
Half way through the second book and just downloaded the third to read on plane to UK this Thursday. They are brilliant so far - you just can't put them down ! Thin we should have had a Tenerife Forum discount for downloading all in the series though ! Lol

I'm no good at writing reviews, but when I get a minute of inspiration I'll write what I can on Amazon.

If I knew Chris Ryans' email address, I'd send him the link - he'd be well impressed !

CIM
10-07-2013, 09:40
Do you need a Kindle to read these or can you download them to a PC or Android phone with e-reader?

delderek
10-07-2013, 09:52
Do you need a Kindle to read these or can you download them to a PC or Android phone with e-reader?

If you download the Kindle software for PC, or the app for android. I would think you could download the book. Worth a try.

Tom & Sharon
10-07-2013, 11:00

If you download the Kindle software for PC, or the app for android. I would think you could download the book. Worth a try.
CIM James said you can download kindle software when I asked him the other day as well.

karinagal
10-07-2013, 11:41
There's a program for PC called Calibre. If the Kindle book doesn't have a lock on it preventing it being imported into Calibre, the program gives an option for books to be converted to ePub or other format that can be read on the Kobo..

atlantico
14-07-2013, 19:50
into 3rd book now.

Wasn't too keen on book 2 just ending half way through the story, but 'hey!', I didn't notice as already had book 3 downloaded and ready to go !

Reviews left on Amazon today

I've done a 'dead' count - he's killed 24,349 enemy so far ! Lol

Tom & Sharon
14-07-2013, 21:04
into 3rd book now.

Wasn't too keen on book 2 just ending half way through the story, but 'hey!', I didn't notice as already had book 3 downloaded and ready to go !

Reviews left on Amazon today

I've done a 'dead' count - he's killed 24,349 enemy so far ! Lol

I've just read your review on Amazon. Thanks ever so much, he will be chuffed!