PDA

View Full Version : Tenerife Forum Glastonbury, 2013 thread

marbro8
29-06-2013, 23:50
is any one watching glastonbury at the mo? i am just watching the rolling stones and can not believe the energy of mick jagger at the age of 70???eek2:, what a performance from a great british band and they look like they still enjoy it;)

FatController
30-06-2013, 00:03
And they make it look so effortless, incredible show.

marbro8
30-06-2013, 00:19
And they make it look so effortless, incredible show.just unbelievable, they looked and performed like 20 year old's, well mick and ronnie and charlie did lol i think keith looked his age

who-r-ya
30-06-2013, 12:44
I watched the Stones last night thinking OMG what on earth are they going to look & sound like, but wow they were brilliant! They are look good...and so thin!

marbro8
30-06-2013, 13:17
I watched the Stones last night thinking OMG what on earth are they going to look & sound like, but wow they were brilliant! They are look good...and so thin!yep it's amazing what a little coke can do for your waistline, DIET coke that is;):D

TOTO 99
30-06-2013, 13:33
Some great youngsters this year with Jake Bugg and Haim really shining.

Highlight so far for me was Chic on Friday night. Non stop hits churned out with great skill.

Good old Kenny Rogers on this afternoon's legend spot........"Oh Ruuuuuuuuuu beeeeeee".. sing up now..:lol:

Malteser Monkey
30-06-2013, 14:00
Good old Kenny Rogers on this afternoon's legend spot........"Oh Ruuuuuuuuuu beeeeeee".. sing up now..:lol:

I'm Sorry I don't remember this:whistle::D

Good afternoon everyone !

TOTO 99
30-06-2013, 14:09
I'm Sorry I don't remember this:whistle::D

Good afternoon everyone !

I guess that's what fifty years of heavy drinking does to you..:lol:

Malteser Monkey
30-06-2013, 14:13
I guess that's what fifty years of heavy drinking does to you..:lol:

git:D

Tshirt
30-06-2013, 14:46
I watched the Stones last night thinking OMG what on earth are they going to look & sound like, but wow they were brilliant! They are look good...and so thin!

I'm the same age as Mick Jagger, he's dancing around like a twenty year old and I can just about walk. Who says drugs are bad for you? I think Keith Richards is brilliant especially when he impersonates Mark Knopler. :lol:

marbro8
30-06-2013, 14:57
I guess that's what fifty years of heavy drinking does to you..:lol:no that's me:D

TOTO 99
30-06-2013, 15:04
no that's me:D

I think it's most of us mate...And we probably feel like Keith in a morning...Alright for him, he's not up for work is he?...:lol:

Malteser Monkey
30-06-2013, 15:05
no that's me:D

to the rescue !:knight:

TOTO 99
30-06-2013, 15:14
to the rescue !:knight:

White Horse...you're a proper alky...

marbro8
30-06-2013, 15:26
to the rescue !:knight:hope the horse's name ain't smirnoff:lol:

rosemary
30-06-2013, 18:45
it's all on Youtube....brilliant.

marbro8
30-06-2013, 18:49
it's all on Youtube....brilliant.we have sky so there is nothing that you can't get on either demand or catch up:wink2:

Santiago
30-06-2013, 22:47
Saw Kenny Rogers this afternoon and he's slimmed down a bit but still looks good. Pity he didn't have Dolly with him for "Islands in the Stream"! As for the Stones, well they couldn't sing fifty years ago and they haven't improved over the years, but I give them marks for at least one of them being able to move about!

Mister T
01-07-2013, 08:54
Mrs T and myself are going to see Kenny Rogers in Concert tomorrow night in Manchester - More Mrs T's choice than mine - but i enjoyed what i saw of him at Glastonbury yesterday :-)

marbro8
01-07-2013, 09:15
Saw Kenny Rogers this afternoon and he's slimmed down a bit but still looks good. Pity he didn't have Dolly with him for "Islands in the Stream"! As for the Stones, well they couldn't sing fifty years ago and they haven't improved over the years, but I give them marks for at least one of them being able to move about!i've never been much of a stones fan but they impressed me, it's another case of i wonder if they had to audition on BGT now how many of yester year acts would get through:wink2:, it's been proven on the voice format, if the judges had been facing some of the acts they would have been recognized and they would have put them through purely because who they are;)

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Mrs T and myself are going to see Kenny Rogers in Concert tomorrow night in Manchester - More Mrs T's choice than mine - but i enjoyed what i saw of him at Glastonbury yesterday :-)the things we do for our wifes A?, I remember going to see tom jones and cliff richards with my other half:o, i did enjoy it though:wink2:

seanocelt
01-07-2013, 09:25
Any one guide me to a catchup viewing?; BBC or ITV players? Youtube hit n miss with my connection speed.

Malteser Monkey
01-07-2013, 10:15
the things we do for our wifes A?, I remember going to see tom jones and cliff richards with my other half:o, i did enjoy it though:wink2:

I dragged OH to see Take That reunion tour - we had a great time

You guys are just great !:whistle::D

Tshirt
01-07-2013, 10:21
the things we do for our wifes A?, I remember going to see tom jones and cliff richards with my other half:o, i did enjoy it though:wink2:

You're Lucky, my wife's a Daniel O'Donnell fan. rolleyes2:

marbro8
01-07-2013, 10:48
You're Lucky, my wife's a Daniel O'Donnell fan. rolleyes2:i couldn't find a suicide smiley:laugh:

Malteser Monkey
01-07-2013, 10:51
You're Lucky, my wife's a Daniel O'Donnell fan. rolleyes2:

Tenerife's perfect for you - he was a frequent visitor in the bar I used to frequent

Tshirt
01-07-2013, 12:35
Tenerife's perfect for you - he was a frequent visitor in the bar I used to frequent

I believe he met his wife in Tenerife, her parents owned a bar there and he now owns a villa up the other side of Adeje with fantastic views over Costa Adeje and PDLA. (So I'm told by my OH)

Malteser Monkey
01-07-2013, 12:51
I believe he met his wife in Tenerife, her parents owned a bar there and he now owns a villa up the other side of Adeje with fantastic views over Costa Adeje and PDLA. (So I'm told by my OH)

Oh Damn you mean I missed my chance:whistle::lol:

TOTO 99
01-07-2013, 15:11
Any one guide me to a catchup viewing?; BBC or ITV players? Youtube hit n miss with my connection speed.

Sorry Sean, I've only just seen your request. I've watch a lot of it on this; I hope it works for you.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/events/ej58q9

marbro8
01-07-2013, 18:36
I dragged OH to see Take That reunion tour - we had a great time

You guys are just great !:whistle::Dyes but did he enjoy it;)

Malteser Monkey
01-07-2013, 19:08
yes but did he enjoy it;)

he had too, I paid :lol:

seanocelt
13-07-2013, 17:01
Watched a lot of both.Mumford and Sons headline at both but, i feel their songs are very similar and have no "balls" for want of a better description . Abd zero personality. At least the Artic Monkeys have a quirky-ness that entertains. Icelandic band Of Monsters and Men are pretty dynamic and fresh. Any opinions?

TOTO 99
13-07-2013, 18:53
I'm not a fan of the Mumfords myself.

Jake Bugg was my Glasto favourite. He has a big future ahead of him. Arctics as you say have definitely got something to offer, and I really liked Elvis Costello's set. Enjoyed Rizzle Kicks too.

But that's only 4 out of dozens that were on. I'll give any music a chance but some of it you know full well is not your thing. Above all I enjoy the atmosphere of it. The tv coverage is good and you get to see a lot of stuff you'd never normally have access to.

seanocelt
13-07-2013, 19:02
Every year i find something to inspire me from them. When you do 250 gigs a year you need to see something fresh and the festivals always "relight my fire" Doh!

CaribeCelt
13-07-2013, 20:49
I didn't like the Artic's tbh Sean...I thought the lead man ruined it...a little bit too much trying to be like Elvis imo.
Loved Costello,loved a few random acts as well.
Anybody else think the Stone's were SHHHIte??...I did...

seanocelt
14-07-2013, 01:25
Stones were novelty value. Get what you sayin about Arctic's, Turner is a bit up himself. Costello never disappoints. Saw 1 saw by 2 American girls called First Aid Kit, not bad and The XX's were ok. Deacon Blue still charmed at "T".

Medman
14-07-2013, 07:50
Watched a lot of both.Mumford and Sons headline at both but, i feel their songs are very similar and have no "balls" for want of a better description . Abd zero personality. At least the Artic Monkeys have a quirky-ness that entertains. Icelandic band Of Monsters and Men are pretty dynamic and fresh. Any opinions?

Hyped up folk singers that's all. Must know someone influential.