PDA

View Full Version : How much does it cost for a resident's travel certificate?

rosemary
30-06-2013, 18:36
I'm off to Benidorm on a resident's discount flight deal and it seems I also need a 'travel certificate' from the town hall. is this still the case? I will have my NIE and my UK passport...so ?? How much will it cost?

junglejim
30-06-2013, 18:42
Depends where you are and if you have an empadronamiento(ie you are registered at the Town Hall) - Adeje will issue the Certificado de Viajes at no cost - but you have to go to town hall for it .

Foz
30-06-2013, 18:43
Who have you booked your flight with? I flew Tenerife to Fuerteventura recently and needed to show nothing other than my residencia. I booked with Binter and they apparently check you are registered as living at the address you give when you book the flight .. as long as you are registered there you need not get a certificate.

If you do find you need a certificate ... just go to your local SAC office. Take your escritura/tenancy agreement and two other "proof" of residence (utility bills showing you at that address) and I'm pretty sure you get the certificate for free ... and it's valid for 6months.

rosemary
30-06-2013, 18:49
I'm registered at San Miguel. But these replies seem to be at odds with each other?.
I'm going via Tenerifesunshine travel agency who say I need it. and will fly Iberia.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Who have you booked your flight with? I flew Tenerife to Fuerteventura recently and needed to show nothing other than my residencia. I booked with Binter and they apparently check you are registered as living at the address you give when you book the flight .. as long as you are registered there you need not get a certificate.

If you do find you need a certificate ... just go to your local SAC office. Take your escritura/tenancy agreement and two other "proof" of residence (utility bills showing you at that address) and I'm pretty sure you get the certificate for free ... and it's valid for 6months.

Sorry, but what is a SAC office?

doreen
30-06-2013, 18:54
Yes, Iberia will want to see the original of your travel cert. issued in your case by San Miguel Town Hall. I have flown twice with them to Madrid and both times they wanted to see the cert.

junglejim
30-06-2013, 18:54
The replies are not at odds ,if you need the certificate and are on the Padron in Adeje you can get the certificate from the Town Hall in Adeje - Arona and others do it differently !
The Airlines all seem to have different criteria as does the Ferries !

mike in chayofa
30-06-2013, 19:26
I'm registered at San Miguel.

As mentioned above, you need to go to San Miguel town hall with the identification mentioned in post 3 by Foz

Foz
30-06-2013, 19:44
I'm registered at San Miguel. But these replies seem to be at odds with each other?.
I'm going via Tenerifesunshine travel agency who say I need it. and will fly Iberia.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Sorry, but what is a SAC office?

If you just go to the main town hall in San Miguel ... they will point you in the right direction. I have dealt with them many times and they are always very helpful. Have a good trip x

rosemary
30-06-2013, 19:52
Thanks guys. Where would I be without this Forum...!

casabonny
30-06-2013, 20:14
I believe that now, unless you have a Residencia you are not entitled to a Residents discount, ie if you only have NIE then you do not qualify.I may be wrong but that was my understanding of the new ruling.

doreen
30-06-2013, 21:47
I believe that now, unless you have a Residencia you are not entitled to a Residents discount, ie if you only have NIE then you do not qualify.I may be wrong but that was my understanding of the new ruling.

Yes, wasn't that always the case that you had to have registered at the Town Hall, not just have an NIE (i.e. registered as staying over three months, not tax related). I recall one bank manager complaining how many of his clients (mostly Germans) had registered solely to get the travel discounts and he had to change all their accounts to resident from non-resident :)

casabonny
01-07-2013, 09:01
I am pretty certain that my info is correct , at least in Arona , thing is you never know here what one Town Hall or person for that matter says and another says the complete opposite!
we had a client last week needing to exchange a driving license and the Medical centre he went to refused to do this unless he had something from Trafico saying he needed it! confused .com ( we had that anyway so not a problem but it just goes to show)

Belinda
01-07-2013, 13:00
I think you're right Casabonny - the NIE used to be enough but it's not anymore.

For more clarification there is of course always this (http://www.diana-mcglone.com/#res).

rosemary
01-07-2013, 17:27
Yes I am registered at the Town Hall too, with a certificate of Empadronimiente. So I went up to the Town Hall in San Miguel, (queued for 15 mins), this morning with that (and my passport which she didn't need to see) and I got my travel certificate, costing 2.40 euros. Job done.