PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find a good banana in Tenerife?

YOUNG GOLFER
30-06-2013, 23:31
Just reading some of the post today on another thread about the lack of a good banana in Tenerife could anyone point members in the right direction.:crylaughing:

slodgedad
01-07-2013, 00:14
I always buy mine at the fruit and veg shop in Las Chafiras (the one on the corner as you turn towards Hyperdino on the San Miguel road) They are not the perfectly shaped, EU approved type of banana, but small, 5-6 inches long. Buy 'em greenish and stick 'em in the sun for an hour or two.

Buying bananas in the UK is simple as they are already ripened but here if you buy a ripened banana it has to be eaten straight away.

Greg
01-07-2013, 00:17
There is a little booklet available helping people search for good food etc, you can pick it up in lots of places, you sould get lots of tips in greenbananaguide.com :cheers:

princessmonika
01-07-2013, 06:54
impossible to find good bananas -- thats the only thing i miss--

junglejim
01-07-2013, 06:59
Ok - so what makes a good Banana ?
Is it size, girth , sweetness, texture,firmness, price , bent or straight ? :yum:
Let's have a definition and spec. that we can work to!
Sounds like a good design project- get the Post-it Pads out ! ( No yellow ones , to avoid bias!)

dede
01-07-2013, 08:06
Just reading some of the post today on another thread about the lack of a good banana in Tenerife could anyone point members in the right direction.:crylaughing:

If you find a big fat bent one with knobs on try putting it where the sun don't shine in tenerife :bootyshake::lol::lol::lol:

Malteser Monkey
01-07-2013, 10:42
I used to wonder that YG :lol:

They ship out the best and keep the others:banana:

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Is it size, girth , sweetness, texture,firmness, price , bent or straight ? :yum:
Sounds like a good design project- get the Post-it Pads out ! ( No yellow ones , to avoid bias!)

One that fits nicely into it's case:wow::whistle::D
melm

primrose
01-07-2013, 11:08
You can't.

About 9inches long,slightly curved, no blemishes,pure white flesh firm but not too hard.:lol:

melm
01-07-2013, 18:30
I used to wonder that YG :lol:

They ship out the best and keep the others:banana:

One that fits nicely into it's case:wow::whistle::D
melm

the ones Andy Murray eats:lol: Looks really good:yum::yum:

Tickey
01-07-2013, 18:38
I like them about nine inches, very firm and fleshy. Not often found on this island though :whistle:

Malteser Monkey
01-07-2013, 19:06
You can't.

About 9inches long,slightly curved, no blemishes,pure white flesh firm but not too hard.:lol:

I like them about nine inches, very firm and fleshy. Not often found on this island though :whistle:

Exactly - firm but not too hard eh ladies:wink2:

AL JAY
01-07-2013, 21:36

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::r ofl:

slodgedad
02-07-2013, 00:51
According to most replies on other threads I would suggest the airport, in someone's packed lunch arriving from the UK.:doh::devil:

Personally I prefer the taste of the uglies we get here.

timmylish
02-07-2013, 03:02
Well get yourself to Lidl in San Isidro. I bought THE most fantastic nanas to-day. No blemishes at all. Very long, must be 9 or 10" long (didn,t have a dildo handy to measure against so you,ll have to take my word for it!) just going from solid green toa tender yellow at the edges. Inside, firm, clean, almost white and good taste (bit of sweetness possibly?). Now this is not the first time I,ve bought them from Lidl and never been disappointed!

junglejim
02-07-2013, 06:19
They'll never swallow that one Timmy ! Nice Bananas from Lidl !
You don't need that utility to measure it , surely it's just twice the length of your natural excited appendage ?
I'm sure you must remember the old adverts from your youth ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92WW9QfICw4

Tickey
02-07-2013, 07:39
With no decent bananas and now no winter fuel allowance we may as all slit our throats :doh:

candy2411
02-07-2013, 07:47
Probably in the minority here......but I HATE bananas! Cannot stand the taste or even the smell:sorry:

Love to see them on the trees in the plantations however, complementing the wonderful Tenerife landscape and scenery, best place for them I say !

primrose
02-07-2013, 12:24
Well get yourself to Lidl in San Isidro. I bought THE most fantastic nanas to-day. No blemishes at all. Very long, must be 9 or 10" long (didn,t have a dildo handy to measure against so you,ll have to take my word for it!) just going from solid green toa tender yellow at the edges. Inside, firm, clean, almost white and good taste (bit of sweetness possibly?). Now this is not the first time I,ve bought them from Lidl and never been disappointed!

OOHHHHHHHHH Give us one Timmy,:banana: it's a long time since I had one like that.

9PLUS
02-07-2013, 12:31
With no decent bananas and now no winter fuel allowance we may as all slit our throats :doh:

I concur you first

x