PDA

View Full Version : Winter fuel hand-outs up in smoke

Canarian Weekly
01-07-2013, 15:10
MORE than 120,000 Expat pensioners – including those living in Tenerife – will almost certainly lose their winter fuel payments within two years. It will come as a serious blow to some OAPs following Chancellor George Osborne’s plans for a “temperature test”, which he revealed on Wednesday. But it won’t even be an inconvenience to [...]

More... (http://www.canarianweekly.com/winter-fuel-hand-outs-smoke/)

mike in chayofa
01-07-2013, 17:04
This system would save £30m a year after 2015-16, when it is expected to come into force

This, of course will make a HUGE beneficial dent in the economy .......... compared to the 10 Billion GBP given away in foreign aid!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/9970620/Britain-second-in-world-for-aid-spending.html

Tel54
01-07-2013, 18:29
For once, I agree with a government decision, winter fuel payments should be for those that actually need it, and that certainly does not include expats living in Tenerife.

princessmonika
02-07-2013, 06:59
well aircondition cost a lot of money as well --should be payed instead :idea: so hot or cold it cost money

primrose
02-07-2013, 09:44
Are they going to take it off the Swallows that spend 6 months of the Winter here or the Ex.Pats that live here and give an address of a relative in England and haven't told the DHSS they have left the Country.

Tel54
02-07-2013, 11:07
Princessmonika :- Winter fuel payments are supposed to be to keep older people ALIVE - not comfortable, average temperature in March where I live was 2% C.

primrose :- I couldn't agree with you more - unfortunately recent governments are more interested in lining there own pockets rather than thinking up a realistic workable plan of action to cut costs that is fair to everyone, however - even if they only save £15 million it will go towards the MP's pay rise so the government can claim to be cutting costs to fund their pay increase.

primrose
02-07-2013, 12:20
Princessmonika :- Winter fuel payments are supposed to be to keep older people ALIVE - not comfortable, average temperature in March where I live was 2% C.

primrose :- I couldn't agree with you more - unfortunately recent governments are more interested in lining there own pockets rather than thinking up a realistic workable plan of action to cut costs that is fair to everyone, however - even if they only save £15 million it will go towards the MP's pay rise so the government can claim to be cutting costs to fund their pay increase.

So the Benefit Cheats and MP's win again. It really doesn't pay to be honest.

Tel54
02-07-2013, 12:30
That is about the most accurate statement that could possibly be made :)

princessmonika
02-07-2013, 15:22
old people OAPs--who live in hot climates die of heat as well

Tel54
02-07-2013, 15:54
So why move to country with a hot climate if you cannot afford to run the air conditioning ? a cold shower is a heck of a lot cheaper than heating a room.