PDA

View Full Version : Shopping How much are thick sunbed mats?

marbro8
04-07-2013, 20:05
does anyone know how much those thick blue sunbed mats are? the ones we bought last year are really thin and uncomfortable,we only rent the apartment we stay at but are there 4 weeks of the year, so it may be cheap in the long run to get someone we know on the complex to buy us some and just store them there? i know other people would use them but it would still be worth it:dontknow:

junglejim
04-07-2013, 20:24
Some are priced at €30-50 !

karinagal
04-07-2013, 21:32
It depends where you shop. In the Chinese emporium you can get pretty decent ones for €12 - €15 euros. Hiperdino were selling them for around the same price on my last trip..

marbro8
05-07-2013, 18:50
Some are priced at €30-50 !cheers jj are they good quality ones?

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

thanks kg, they sound very cheap, are there different quality ones? we walked around the arona gran in may to have a look at the quality of the hotel, and as we walked around the pool i noticed that the mats on their beds were excellent, i would say about 4 inches thick, so as it was dark and about 11 o'clock i took 2 from the beds by the wall overlooking the walkway next to los cris market and was going to throw them over the wall then go round and pick them up(i had had a few beers), but then i started to think about how it would look carrying them up the hill back to the el mirador at that time of night, then what my welsh cousin would think about there suddenly being 2 thick blue mats in the apartment adorned with the arona gran logo, so i put them back, just as the security guard walked past me:o

karinagal
05-07-2013, 19:01
They're not bad - I find them comfy enough to sit on for most of the day...

Jollypolly
05-07-2013, 19:49
does anyone know how much those thick blue sunbed mats are? the ones we bought last year are really thin and uncomfortable,we only rent the apartment we stay at but are there 4 weeks of the year, so it may be cheap in the long run to get someone we know on the complex to buy us some and just store them there? i know other people would use them but it would still be worth it:dontknow:

We got ours from the garden/patio furniture shop in Las Chafiras the one in between Textile Sur and Hiperdino
they were i think about 49 euros each, we got 4, this was about 3 years ago and are still in use and
No worse for wear, they are left out all year through. I give them a wash and polish every now and then.

marbro8
05-07-2013, 19:58
We got ours from the garden/patio furniture shop in Las Chafiras the one in between Textile Sur and Hiperdino
they were i think about 49 euros each, we got 4, this was about 3 years ago and are still in use and
No worse for wear, they are left out all year through. I give them a wash and polish every now and then.sound good to me obviously you always get what you pay for so the more expensive the better, if it was just for our use then i would probably buy the cheaper ones but as there will probably be other people using them then i think i will get my mate to buy the more expensive ones, or take another trip to the arona gran:D thanks;)

macdonald5
05-07-2013, 20:17
We got ours from the hardware shop in front of Ocean Park along past Irish Rover and Rum Pot a few years ago
2 mats and a decent sun brolly cost around €100 total They are pretty thick and comfy and fold over under bed

marbro8
05-07-2013, 20:22
We got ours from the hardware shop in front of Ocean Park along past Irish Rover and Rum Pot a few years ago
2 mats and a decent sun brolly cost around €100 total They are pretty thick and comfy and fold over under bedoh rite, that might solve the problem of having to get someone else buying them for us, we could walk to there and bring them back ourselves;)

macdonald5
05-07-2013, 20:25
oh rite, that might solve the problem of having to get someone else buying them for us, we could walk to there and bring them back ourselves;)

Yep pick up your bed and walk ??! x

Leam_Lin
05-07-2013, 20:44
When you are due over have a look on the lidl website, they might just have some, their stuff is usually good quality & reasonably priced.

junglejim
05-07-2013, 21:03
Our complex President got a deal last year with a guy who came in to sell- very good quality and €25 - think he sold about 50 in all .

polremy
05-07-2013, 21:10
We got ours from there. They are green with a plastic cover although i think there was a choice of colour. We have had them four years now and they are still fine. You do need a towel though otherwise you just get stuck. Paid 25 euros each for them.

No worse for wear, they are left out all year through. I give them a wash and polish every now and then.

marbro8
05-07-2013, 21:33
some great info guys, at least i know that i can get a descent quality one for a good price, i thought that i would have to pay at least €60 each, thanks everyone:wink2:

samy
14-08-2013, 10:52
does anyone know how much those thick blue sunbed mats are? the ones we bought last year are really thin and uncomfortable,we only rent the apartment we stay at but are there 4 weeks of the year, so it may be cheap in the long run to get someone we know on the complex to buy us some and just store them there? i know other people would use them but it would still be worth it:dontknow: at cc abora there 58 euros I bought the thick ones as there was only about 9 euro difference in price from thin ones, these are the heavy duty ones hotels use!!!

TOPGUN77
14-08-2013, 11:29
When you are due over have a look on the lidl website, they might just have some, their stuff is usually good quality & reasonably priced.

We saw some in there last week priced around 18 Euro,we bought ours from one of the Chinese shops for 18 eoros and are really comfy.