PDA

View Full Version : Heat wave predicted for Tuesday July 9 up to the weekend

canarybird
05-07-2013, 22:49
Aemet weather office has predicted a heat wave for south of Spain and the Canaries from next Tuesday, July 9 up to the following weekend with temperatures up to 35°C, which usually means that we will have it even higher than that, especially in the south of Tenerife.

So be prepared folks and stay cool! http://www.pbase.com/canarybird/image/135883186.jpg

slodgedad
05-07-2013, 22:52
Not looking forward to it. Been muggy enough recently down here.

karinagal
05-07-2013, 22:56
I arrive on the 18th (as you may or may not know!! :D) - do you think I might get a genuine opportunity to give my Aircon a whirl?!

slodgedad
05-07-2013, 23:00
I arrive on the 18th (as you may or may not know!! :D) - do you think I might get a genuine opportunity to give my Aircon a whirl?!
If all the predictions are correct, I think it will switch itself on..

Taylor
05-07-2013, 23:32
Damn....hope it continuesinto August.. 5 weeks in the Gulf of Alaska highest Temp avg 15!!!!! I am getting S.A.D. 3 more to go :-(

Malteser Monkey
06-07-2013, 12:34

I have warned them:D

karinagal
06-07-2013, 17:26
I have warned them:D

Lets hope they take heed.....! :p

melm
06-07-2013, 17:45
Damn....hope it continuesinto August.. 5 weeks in the Gulf of Alaska highest Temp avg 15!!!!! I am getting S.A.D. 3 more to go :-(

sounds pretty dismal where you are hope your remaining time flies in:goodluck:

warbey
06-07-2013, 19:45
sounds pretty dismal where you are hope your remaining time flies in:goodluck:

depends if on a Cruise Liner, or not.

Taylor
06-07-2013, 20:09
depends if on a Cruise Liner, or not.

Facilities Manager on a Scientific Drilling Vessel not so lucky :(

Su1
07-07-2013, 19:44
Arriving in Tenerife tomorrow but have had some 'heat' preparation whilst at home in the UK which is most unusual!!!! At least we have air con in Tenerife.....could have done with it in the UK today!!

karinagal
07-07-2013, 20:37
Arriving in Tenerife tomorrow but have had some 'heat' preparation whilst at home in the UK which is most unusual!!!! At least we have air con in Tenerife.....could have done with it in the UK today!!

I've got the Aircon on in our bedroom here in glorious Cumbernauld... "Why would you want to fly so far to get the good weather when it's so nice here?" Coz in Tenerife I can cool off in the pool and sit under the shade of a palm tree... Ye canny do that in Cumbernauld! 11 days and counting - time to check in online! :D (with my royal baby clothes and 3 JML snap screens................ And a pair of shoes for me!)

melm
07-07-2013, 20:54
I've got the Aircon on in our bedroom here in glorious Cumbernauld... "Why would you want to fly so far to get the good weather when it's so nice here?" Coz in Tenerife I can cool off in the pool and sit under the shade of a palm tree... Ye canny do that in Cumbernauld! 11 days and counting - time to check in online! :D (with my royal baby clothes and 3 JML snap screens................ And a pair of shoes for me!)

and a jug of sangria :laugh:

seanocelt
08-07-2013, 01:48

Also, in Cumbernauld its a rare wee treat; then its CumberCAULD again.

karinagal
08-07-2013, 10:36
Also, in Cumbernauld its a rare wee treat; then its CumberCAULD again.

Close.. But the official term is NumbandCauld!! :p :D :p