PDA

View Full Version : First time visiting Tenerife. Where can we go out in Las Americas?

username101
07-07-2013, 22:55
hello there. going away for the first time to tenerife. going to los americanos. were a young couple and have booked half-board for a week in sol tenerife. just wondering where the cheapest supermarkets are for snacks/drinks and alcohol. we wont need much as weve got breakfast and tea included. also where to go for a good night out? feel free to suggest any activites for us to check out!

cheers!

Santiago
07-07-2013, 23:06
Hi 101, haven't been round to the Tenerife Sol for some time but there used to be a supermarket underneath it in the basement. I am sure there are several around that area as well and a Macky D nearly opposite so you definitely won't starve.

You might be interested in this webcam which is actually situated on the top of the Tenerife Sol and shows a pretty good panorama of life in the area: http://www.earthtv.com/en/camera-destination/tenerife-spain

Re. a good night out, I'm afraid my 'jitterbugging with the zimmer' days are over but you are right next to the Veronicas where there are plenty of nightclubs. Also, I am sure that there will be a load of replies for you from the younger and more agile members of the Forum so you will be spoilt for choice.

Have a good holiday and come back and tell us all about it - well, maybe not all, but you know what I mean!!

Taylor
08-07-2013, 01:19
http://www.mydestination.com/tenerife/nightlife/2381
hello there. going away for the first time to tenerife. going to los americanos. were a young couple and have booked half-board for a week in sol tenerife. just wondering where the cheapest supermarkets are for snacks/drinks and alcohol. we wont need much as weve got breakfast and tea included. also where to go for a good night out? feel free to suggest any activites for us to check out!

cheers! HI 101 well your a stones throw from Veronicas with all the late night Tribute clubs and bars till the wee sma hours, juts a bit further up the road towards the Mare Nostrum resort in Las America's underneath the Las Palmeras hotel you will find the Dubliner Irish Pub with a cracking live band... late o'clock till 5am.....carry on up the road to the Actual Mare Nostrum resort you have lots of Class pubs and Restaurants.....can be pricy but nice area.

Behind there you have the Parque De Paz patch with a string of pubs offering all kinds of live entertainment Soul Suite is a great place if you fancy a bit of Motown. Some excellent clubs near your locale also. Try this link mate will give you a good idea whats on.

username101
08-07-2013, 10:43
Hi 101, haven't been round to the Tenerife Sol for some time but there used to be a supermarket underneath it in the basement. I am sure there are several around that area as well and a Macky D nearly opposite so you definitely won't starve.

You might be interested in this webcam which is actually situated on the top of the Tenerife Sol and shows a pretty good panorama of life in the area: http://www.earthtv.com/en/camera-destination/tenerife-spain

Re. a good night out, I'm afraid my 'jitterbugging with the zimmer' days are over but you are right next to the Veronicas where there are plenty of nightclubs. Also, I am sure that there will be a load of replies for you from the younger and more agile members of the Forum so you will be spoilt for choice.

Have a good holiday and come back and tell us all about it - well, maybe not all, but you know what I mean!!

the supermarket and maccy d's is fantastic news haha. cheers for the webcam link, I can't wait to go now!! cheers for the information santiago, much appreciated.

username101
08-07-2013, 10:47
http://www.mydestination.com/tenerife/nightlife/2381 HI 101 well your a stones throw from Veronicas with all the late night Tribute clubs and bars till the wee sma hours, juts a bit further up the road towards the Mare Nostrum resort in Las America's underneath the Las Palmeras hotel you will find the Dubliner Irish Pub with a cracking live band... late o'clock till 5am.....carry on up the road to the Actual Mare Nostrum resort you have lots of Class pubs and Restaurants.....can be pricy but nice area.

Behind there you have the Parque De Paz patch with a string of pubs offering all kinds of live entertainment Soul Suite is a great place if you fancy a bit of Motown. Some excellent clubs near your locale also. Try this link mate will give you a good idea whats on.

cheers for that mate! will deffo check it out.

can anyone give me any advice on money as well? resources are limited and i still havent exchanged my pounds into euros. we leave next wednesday from manchester airport.

primrose
08-07-2013, 13:44
[QUOTE=username101;300870]cheers for that mate! will deffo check it out.

can anyone give me any advice on money as well? resources are limited and i still havent exchanged my pounds into euros. we leave next wednesday from manchester airport.[/QUOTE

Sit on you Balcony after your evening meal with a few cans from Hiper Dino 22cents a can at the moment,90 cents for a bottle of wine, have plenty before you go out because you will pay over the odds in most night clubs. Lunch 1 Euro a pint and cheese toastie and chips 2-50. Costs nothing to go to the beach during the day.Can be as cheap or as expensive as you make it.Steer clear of the small tourist supermarkets the big Supermarkets the locals use are so much cheaper.Don't plan just go with the flow and enjoy your holiday.

Malteser Monkey
08-07-2013, 13:58

i have that cam in my favourites but didn't know it was on top of T Sol ! Ta chuck

101 have a fantastic holiday

Santiago
08-07-2013, 22:57
cheers for that mate! will deffo check it out.

can anyone give me any advice on money as well? resources are limited and i still havent exchanged my pounds into euros. we leave next wednesday from manchester airport.

If you take cash you will get a good rate in Tenerife. Lots of places to change money and usually no charges of any sort. Of course, there is always the risk of losing money but if you look after it carefully you should be okay. NEVER take cash out in your back pocket and make sure your lady does not carry a bag, especially a shoulder bag, as this is easily grabbed from her. Keep the cash out of sight and also keep it in separate amounts so that you don't take out a wadge of notes that everyone can see! I always fold each note individually and stack it in separate pockets in a small purse so that when I have to pay for anything I know whether to take out a Euro 5 or Euros 10 note. I keep the purse inside my waistband so that my hands are free all the time. (Now everyone knows to grab me round the middle - although they would need to be a 30 stone wrestler to do it!!!)

username101
09-07-2013, 19:20
[QUOTE=username101;300870]cheers for that mate! will deffo check it out.

can anyone give me any advice on money as well? resources are limited and i still havent exchanged my pounds into euros. we leave next wednesday from manchester airport.[/QUOTE

Sit on you Balcony after your evening meal with a few cans from Hiper Dino 22cents a can at the moment,90 cents for a bottle of wine, have plenty before you go out because you will pay over the odds in most night clubs. Lunch 1 Euro a pint and cheese toastie and chips 2-50. Costs nothing to go to the beach during the day.Can be as cheap or as expensive as you make it.Steer clear of the small tourist supermarkets the big Supermarkets the locals use are so much cheaper.Don't plan just go with the flow and enjoy your holiday.

where is hiper dino? they sound like real good prices! can anyone locate any local supermarkets where ill find the best deals?

Santiago
09-07-2013, 23:15
Hiper Dino is shown on this map:

Go out of Tenerife Sol - turn right along main road - follow until you reach very wide turning on your left (Big avenue with trees down the middle). Turn left up this road on the right hand side past the Colon and Eldorado. Turn right before the Columbus Apartments and Hiper Dino is a short way along on your left. Underneath it is a Spar shop should you need anything from there. Both shops provide fresh food as well as tinned and frozen. Good luck.

username101
12-07-2013, 22:48
Hiper Dino is shown on this map:

Go out of Tenerife Sol - turn right along main road - follow until you reach very wide turning on your left (Big avenue with trees down the middle). Turn left up this road on the right hand side past the Colon and Eldorado. Turn right before the Columbus Apartments and Hiper Dino is a short way along on your left. Underneath it is a Spar shop should you need anything from there. Both shops provide fresh food as well as tinned and frozen. Good luck.

thanks very much mate, really appreciate it.

username101
16-07-2013, 11:18
thanks for all the advice guys. i set off tomorrow. can't wait for it, should be brilliant. ive got some money changed into euros. if i need more changing while we are over there, where is the best/nearest place to do so?

BoPeep
16-07-2013, 18:39
Have a fab holiday, I'm sure you will!

There are loads of change places so you will soon find one, they dont charge commission, its all in the exchange rate.

clearwell
16-07-2013, 19:13
I find JAVA exchange are always very good for money exchange . It is opposite Colon11 Banco Santander just by the roundabout . Usually have bikes outside as its a tour place too. You go down steps. Hope this is helpful to you and enjoy a great holiday resort.

username101
25-07-2013, 18:26
got back home yesterday. loved every minute of it. the strip was a great night out, but i was expecting it to be a bit bigger. had no trouble until the last night when some steroid head pushed me for a drink spilling (it had a hole in and went everywhere!). the people selling stuff got a bit annoying too.. especially after repeating what theyve just said despite you saying no several times! the beach club at the end was amazing and the food was great.

the supermarket was great too. one of the big gallons of water lasted us the full week. we actually drank more vodka than we did water. a few nights we planned to have a quiet night eating and a bit of a walk, but the cheap drink offers are too good to turn down. went to a shopping centre that was kind of underground, think it was in the east of las americas. a customer was kicking off in there and started wrecking the shop. the owner came back and they started having a cat fight in front of us, brilliant entertainment.

also went to a place opposite our hotel were the minigolf was. it had a nice relaxed atmosphere and the golf was good fun. we managed to see one cockroach all holiday and my mrs went absolutely crazy! we also went for a carvery there which was really nice.

the hotel was nice. although the room and fittings was more 3 star than 4. the maids were a bit funny with towels, think we only got about 4 clean towels all week. they were also knocking and waiting for us to leave the room at half 11 on check out day which i thought was a bit rude! the food was okay but got a bit repetitive. sunbeds and pool were great and there was a gate that got us straight out onto the beach.

all in all a good holiday and cant fault much! will definitely return again soon! thanks for the help guys, you really gave me some helpful information and gave me an idea of what to expect.

cheers!