PDA

View Full Version : Animal Chat Where can I get insurance for 2 puppies?

blueeyes
08-07-2013, 12:00
Hi!! all animal lovers..

Can you help me please i am now the proud owner of 2 little poodle puppies i got through paws4thought and i am delighted they are just great... but we need to get these bundels of fun insured soon.... do u have any suggestions as to which is the best and the price... cheers in advance and a thanks from the little ones.....:doggy::dog:

karinagal
08-07-2013, 12:22
I think forum member TIS (Tenerife Insurance Services) handles pet insurance..

blueeyes
08-07-2013, 15:37
hi Karinagal thanks for that but we have our car insured with TIS and they are not the cheapest any other suggestions would be a big help!!! thanks.....:doggy2:

casabonny
08-07-2013, 20:12
If you are looking for insurance to over vets fees then you will be unlikely to get that sort of cover here.
mapfre do insurance for dogs , I had my Doberman insured with them until this year.
This insurance covers public liability.

blueeyes
08-07-2013, 22:26
thanks casabonny.. they r only little dogs so public liability prob wouldnt apply but it is to cover health etc vet fees for the unforeseen... :)

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

i have seen zurich here so might give the them a try......

slodgedad
09-07-2013, 01:19
Why not inquire at the vets? I know some do fixed price cover for all your best friend's needs.

jewels
09-07-2013, 11:14
The vets in Las Chafiras Hospivet have a club you can join,this then gives big discounts for treatment and medication.It saved us a fortune when one of our dogs was ill and needed and operation.You also get discount of food stuff,vaccines check ups etc.

casabonny
09-07-2013, 13:49
All dogs here must be covered by public liability regardless of size or breed but most are covered on your house insurance unless they are large dogs over 30kgs or on the dangerous breed list, in which case most normal house insurances will not cover them and additional cover is required.
Some vets offer discounts as stated above but actual cover as you are referring to is unlikely here.
I can however recommend Raffa the mobile vet who is excellent and very cheap. If you want his number Pm me .

carpenter
10-07-2013, 22:32
TIS did offer a multidog discount once upon a time, it also depends on weight of dog or weight dog will be when mature.
I agree with having a word with a vet, El Madronal in Fanabe assured me that most liability insurance policies also cover illnesses and vet fees.

But vets do not charge anywhere near the amount that they do in the UK so in most cases insurance policies aren't necessary unless you have a dog that requires insurance by law but poodles are exempt from that one.

blueeyes
11-07-2013, 00:02
thanks everyone will now have try them out and see.... :)

timmylish
11-07-2013, 13:02
hi Karinagal thanks for that but we have our car insured with TIS and they are not the cheapest any other suggestions would be a big help!!! thanks.....:doggy2:

We insure most of our requirements, home and car etc with TIS. Yes, they are not the cheapest but when you are dealing with very contentious claims, in a foreign language, and you need the support of natural English speaking owners and staff, believe me (from experience) paying a little more is very advantageous. Well, certainly, we are happy to pay more when you may not be. Personal choice but can assure you TIS are VERY busy so must be doing something correctly.

TIS
24-07-2013, 01:13
Hi!! all animal lovers..

Can you help me please i am now the proud owner of 2 little poodle puppies i got through paws4thought and i am delighted they are just great... but we need to get these bundels of fun insured soon.... do u have any suggestions as to which is the best and the price... cheers in advance and a thanks from the little ones.....:doggy::dog:

YOu have two options really
1 - if you just want Public Liability, then non-dangerous dogs ( as in you r case) are automatically included on your house policy. Otherwise, dangerous dogs can be included for 23€ per annum!

2. If you want insurance for vets fees, accidents etc. then we offer Liberty's pet insurance - like all their policies they are not the cheapest on the market, but the quality of the products speak for themselves, especially when needed i.e. making a claim!

Kande
25-07-2013, 13:20
Hi,

Admiral Insurance has a pet insurance policy that covers vet fees. Also Mapfre insurance does cover vets fees as well as public liability. Why not contact K9 or live arico and see if they know of anyone else.