PDA

View Full Version : Empty lorry returning to the UK at the end of August.

ppe
10-07-2013, 20:36
Dear All,

I am moving to Tenerife end of July and I am moving all my home furniture with a 7.5 tonnes lorry. The lorry is returning empty to England beginning of August and if anyone interested, it is possible to move back some of your furniture to any location south of England.

Regards,

ppe

ppe
11-07-2013, 10:17
I understand your feeling and this is why we are using a lorry and not a container. There are 2 seats available in the lorry driving back to UK (but it will be at extra cost for the ferry)

Belinda
11-07-2013, 20:16
Hi there,
Good idea to ask on this forum -sounds like a good opportunity for someone.
Do you use Twitter or Facebook, that might be an option? I'd be happy to put it on Twitter for you if you wanted.

universal
12-07-2013, 15:02
International Road Transport Cabotage Operations

Cabotage, meaning the national carriage of goods for hire or reward carried out by non-resident hauliers on a temporary basis in a host Member State, is governed by Regulation (EC) 1072/2009 as of 14 May 2010. This regulation replaced Regulations (EEC) No 881/92 and (EEC) No 3118/93, as well as Directive 2006/94/EC.
An operators vehicles undertaking cabotage must conform with the requirements for visiting vehicles and must also comply with the following conditions that would be applicable to a national operator in that country. These requirements include the following (as applicable to the rules prevailing in the relevant member state):-
Weights and dimensions
Adherence to the carriage of certain goods, these include the legislation applicable to dangerous goods, perishable foodstuffs and live animals
Adherence to the Drivers' hours Rules
Negotiation of the appropriate conditions of carriage applicable in the member state concerned. It should be noted here that in certain member states the conditions of carriage may be applied by law and it may well be necessary to confirm with your insurers the correct cover of insurance to cover all/any risks that prevail
VAT is recoverable from member states and must be charged under the arrangements and at the rate applicable in the member state in which the service is provided. It should be noted here that the haulier will require to be registered in that state for VAT purposes

Tom & Sharon
12-07-2013, 18:55
International Road Transport Cabotage Operations

Cabotage, meaning the national carriage of goods for hire or reward carried out by non-resident hauliers on a temporary basis in a host Member State, is governed by Regulation (EC) 1072/2009 as of 14 May 2010. This regulation replaced Regulations (EEC) No 881/92 and (EEC) No 3118/93, as well as Directive 2006/94/EC.
An operators vehicles undertaking cabotage must conform with the requirements for visiting vehicles and must also comply with the following conditions that would be applicable to a national operator in that country. These requirements include the following (as applicable to the rules prevailing in the relevant member state):-
Weights and dimensions
Adherence to the carriage of certain goods, these include the legislation applicable to dangerous goods, perishable foodstuffs and live animals
Adherence to the Drivers' hours Rules
Negotiation of the appropriate conditions of carriage applicable in the member state concerned. It should be noted here that in certain member states the conditions of carriage may be applied by law and it may well be necessary to confirm with your insurers the correct cover of insurance to cover all/any risks that prevail
VAT is recoverable from member states and must be charged under the arrangements and at the rate applicable in the member state in which the service is provided. It should be noted here that the haulier will require to be registered in that state for VAT purposes

:snore::snore::snore::snore::snore::snore:

Margaretta
14-07-2013, 23:36
I think that ppe's offer was very kind and thoughtful. It is not a freebie but it may be a great help to some people.