PDA

View Full Version : Fishing How do I get a license to go sea fishing in Los Cristianos?

Rodann
12-07-2013, 03:38
Hi y'all
Would like to do some sea fishing when in Tenerife but understand you need a licence. Is this correct. If so where can they be obtained...thanks

Stewh
12-01-2014, 12:06
Hi Rodann, The easiest way is to visit the fishing tackle shop in Las Galletas, where for a small fee they will process the application for you. They will nee to see your passport, and also need a photocopy of it.
Don't make the mistake of going to the Dept. Of Agriculture and Fisheries in Santa Cruz unless you speak good Spanish or you can take an interpreter with you. I did that and the asshole there refused to speak English, even though it was obvious that he understood every word of English that I used, including a few specially chosen words to test his understanding.
They bleat on about the number of people fishing without a licence, then make it as difficult as possible for visitors to obtain one.

amanda
12-01-2014, 12:35
Hi Rodann, The easiest way is to visit the fishing tackle shop in Las Galletas, where for a small fee they will process the application for you. They will nee to see your passport, and also need a photocopy of it.
Don't make the mistake of going to the Dept. Of Agriculture and Fisheries in Santa Cruz unless you speak good Spanish or you can take an interpreter with you. I did that and the asshole there refused to speak English, even though it was obvious that he understood every word of English that I used, including a few specially chosen words to test his understanding.
They bleat on about the number of people fishing without a licence, then make it as difficult as possible for visitors to obtain one.

I also hate these asshole english people that expect everyone to speak english why dont you try asshole

Stewh
12-01-2014, 12:51
Amanda, I did try to speak Spanish at first, but I've only been here for 3 weeks, so haven't learned enough Spanish yet to talk to a government employee. I even tried to use a translation app. On my phone to let him know what I needed, but he told me to speak Spanish or go away. He made no attempt to help whatsoever, even after I told him that I had travelled from Golf del Sur to try to do the right thing.
I am not one of those Brits who expect everyone to speak English. I travel the World extensively with my job, and always try to learn as much of the local language as possible. I speak very good Norwegian, & have a working knowledge of Swedish and Danish. I also speak some French, and a little Portuguese.
I referred to the official as an asshole because that's exactly how he behaved. He could have made an effort, but refused to do so. These people are supposed to help. This Island depends so much on tourism, and even the looky looky men speak English, so I have no doubt that an educated man in such a position can speak some English.

JaBBa
12-01-2014, 16:50
why dont you try asshole

Abit harsh ain't it.... :grrrr:

Ecky Thump
12-01-2014, 17:59
Abit harsh ain't it.... :grrrr:

why dont you try asshole?

Is that a new super soft brand of toilet paper!:p

JaBBa
12-01-2014, 18:05
Is that a new super soft brand of toilet paper!:p

She must'nt be using it....:lol:

Ecky Thump
12-01-2014, 18:07
She must'nt be using it....:lol:

It probably rubs her the wrong way:crylaughing:

Stewh
12-01-2014, 18:22
I also hate these asshole english people that expect everyone to speak english why dont you try asshole

I also have to ask, Dear Amanda, why you presume that I'm English?

delderek
12-01-2014, 19:22

Maybe it's because Tenerife gets 85% of it's income from tourists 65% of which are Brits, and that it should be easy to get the right paperwork, as it is in most other holiday destinations. Remember the Tenerife logo a year or so ago "Amable Tenerife":whistle:

rosemary
12-01-2014, 20:59
I suspect Amanda works in the fishing licence business in the Dept of Ag and Fish in Santa Cruz. He hates foreigners.