PDA

View Full Version : Other Where can we go camping in Tenerife?

YOUNG GOLFER
13-07-2013, 22:50
Hi members,
Just a thought has any of you members been camping before in Tenerife ..... Just bought some camping equipment as my girls are now old enough to want to venture outside.
Places where you can go....... Rough idea of cost and any info that might help to please.
We have having a trail run in the garden tonight which was a good idea as it took me two hours to put up a tent that is designed to do in in minutes :laugh:
Thanks.:)

CIM
13-07-2013, 23:08
I saw some of these little tents in Decathon today - look really good for a warm climate. Foolproof apparently... :)

We bought something similar to take to the beach so our toddler can get some shade. I have noticed a few people now camping at the small beach between El Fraile and Las Galletas. And someone has opened a little beach bar down there, there's always people down there these days, take a look next time you´re in the area.

YOUNG GOLFER
13-07-2013, 23:36
Cheeky so and so........it's got two bedroom it's not that small.

ribuck
14-07-2013, 08:46
The government campsites are mostly located in pleasant forests. Unfortunately the booking process is rather bureaucratic.

Camping in Tenerife - List of Tenerife Camp Sites (http://www.tenerifehiking.com/camping-in-tenerife/)

Darwin
14-07-2013, 17:38
Hi,the easiest place to try for a start is Camping Nauta ,between Gauza and Guragacho.I went with my son and found it was the ideal place to try out camping.They have all the facilities(shower,toilets,pool,bar,minimarket,etc) .The rates are resonable and it is local.After that you could maybe try up the mountain.Cheers.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

The website is : http://www.campingnauta.com/index.html

sunspot
15-07-2013, 02:19
I dont think you need to go too far YG, i think you need to stay away from specific campsites and pitch your tent ( luxury accommadation) from what i have been told , in a quieter area, looking at the bright pink shirt you were wearing tonight i would not want to scare away the Hi Di Hi campers, you did look ok to me but i would imagine that shirt would put the fear factor into many a hardent camper xx