PDA

View Full Version : Relocation We are thinking of moving to Oasis La Caleta. Does anyone know the resort?

KlaraEdmund
14-07-2013, 13:05
:tongue:we have been offered an apt on Oasis La Caleta been to Caleta lots of times but don't recall the resort? Can anyone please give me any info? Ie: is it near the bus route shops etc: any info would be most helpful . Thankyou .. :)

junglejim
14-07-2013, 16:18
This should fill you in !
http://www.oasis-la-caleta.com/html_static/oasislacaleta.html

KlaraEdmund
14-07-2013, 16:19
Thankyou very much..

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

:respect::respect::respect: I've already seen this and contacted them with no reply. I just wanted to know if it was at the top of a hill like some complexes, etc: Thankyou anyway to take the time to post..

junglejim
14-07-2013, 16:28
The photo shows that it it is built on a hillside at the back left of La Caleta .

KlaraEdmund
14-07-2013, 17:53
Thankyou..

Dutts
14-07-2013, 19:43
When you say been offered an apartment on Oasis La Caleta I assume you mean to purchase or for a long let? If you have and it's in your price range grab it with both hands it's the best residential complex on the island in my opinion. But note it is residential so holiday lets are illegal........ Great quiet location wish I lived there!

imablue
14-07-2013, 21:50
If you are at the roundabout in La Caleta .. the small one at the top of the road that leads down to the bay itself ......head towards your right(Calle las Artes) and that road leads you to amongst other locales...a supermarket and estate agents and
"Bar Nicos,"
to the right of these locales is the place you are looking for...good luck with your venture ....

CIM
14-07-2013, 22:20
The bedrooms are a bit on the small side in those apartments but its a very nice complex. Bahia La Caleta next door is also very nice and worth a look. Excellent area.

KlaraEdmund
14-07-2013, 22:23
Thankyou very much for that reply..:)

:) thanx very much..

How far would we be from Mercadonna as we don't drive?

Cheers.. So grateful for any feedback. I have cancelled our usual one on Paloma beach and Husband thinks we are going to be out on a limb..:)

CIM
14-07-2013, 22:34
The nearest will be in Adeje and in Gran Sur so you wont be able to walk to one really. Theres a Hiperdino a about 3km away. But you aint going to want to walk that far with shopping!
If you know a bit of Spanish though you can get your groceries delivered - thats what I do. Once or twice a month I order a large amount of stuff and they bring it straight to the door. Saves me a lot of hassle. IŽm sure thereŽll be a couple of mini-markets nearby for essentials but cant think of any of the larger supermarkets.

KlaraEdmund
14-07-2013, 22:38
Thanx for that don't know much Spanish but we could get thre and come back by taxi I guess do a really big shop..n thanks again you're so kind..

CIM
14-07-2013, 22:41
No probs. Paloma Beach is in a very nice area, quiet part of Los Cris with everything nearby.
La Caleta quiet a different prospect really. I like La Caleta a lot although it took me a few visits to get to like it and get a feel for the place.
Good idea for a new business - supermarket in La Caleta!!
Best of luck with your holiday!

primrose
14-07-2013, 22:45
Thankyou very much for that reply..:)

:) thanx very much..

How far would we be from Mercadonna as we don't drive?

Cheers.. So grateful for any feedback. I have cancelled our usual one on Paloma beach and Husband thinks we are going to be out on a limb..:)

Check Mercadona on-line, it's in English. just over 7 Euros for delivery but if you do a big shop for 3to 4 weeks it's worth it and they are very reliable.

KlaraEdmund
14-07-2013, 22:45
No not a holiday we are having a long let to see if we would like living there. Rent on PB just got too silly whereas this one is excellent, I'm OK with it but Hubby likes convenience..

Thankyou Primrose we live inLangho it's a small world..

Martin W
15-07-2013, 20:25
Hypertrebol & Mercadona are the nearest, at top of hill at motorway intersection (est 2 miles, uphill).

Bus stop 2 mins walk from Oasis La Caleta, 2 mins bus ride each way (bus every 40 mins).

Smaller supermarket next to Jardin La Caleta apart-hotel, 5 mins walk from Oasis.

KlaraEdmund
19-07-2013, 22:20
Thanks very much..

pantich
05-11-2013, 11:59
Best residential complex on the island, IMHO ! Pretty expensive though.