PDA

View Full Version : I need help with a computer virus problem

finca18jrl
15-07-2013, 08:43
Hello again! Can anyone help? My laptop has been taken over with malware and a virus. BIG problem. Can anyone recommend a person in the south that can fix this for me please? Many thanks in anticipation.

TenerifeTeddy
15-07-2013, 08:47
I will be in the shop from 9.30 - 1.30 this morning. See my signature for details. You can phone free for advice. The shop is in Callao Salvaje.

LUCKY
15-07-2013, 08:51
:feret:
Hello again! Can anyone help? My laptop has been taken over with malware and a virus. BIG problem. Can anyone recommend a person in the south that can fix this for me please? Many thanks in anticipation.

Looks like you should visit MR. T
Highly reccomened on this forum:flatcap::feret::feret:

CMEdinburgh
15-07-2013, 10:52
Steph at Witzend has helped out a few friends of mine (on my recommendation).

As I work in IT I know sharks when I see them, and Steph is DEFINITELY one of the good guys!

doingok
15-07-2013, 11:04
down this and its free work great for me http://www.malwarebytes.org/

ofimart
15-07-2013, 12:51
down this and its free work great for me http://www.malwarebytes.org/

This is good advice and what we would recommend you do in the first place. Download this and run in safe mode. It can take a few hours to run through but will probably work unless you have a particularly persistant malware infection. You can contact us through our signature at the bottom for further advice.

Jacquie.

obs
15-07-2013, 13:21
I can also recommend Martin at ofimart, excellent at what he does. He has helped me on more than one occasion.
Always prompt, and never expensive. Another one that does what it says on the tin! :respect:

finca18jrl
17-07-2013, 21:21
Hello again! I'm back with a fixed laptop!! Many, many thanks to all for your advice and replies. Most especially, thank you to Steph at Witzend! :thanx:

slodgedad
18-07-2013, 00:33
Hello again! I'm back with a fixed laptop!! Many, many thanks to all for your advice and replies. Most especially, thank you to Steph at Witzend! :thanx:

Thanks for reporting back.

It always helps others when a problem has been successfully resolved.