PDA

View Full Version : Home and Garden Problem with top loading washing machine

jandy
15-07-2013, 17:41
HELP PLEASE !!!
Yesterday my husband put the washing in the machine yesterday and put it on, unfortunately I think he forgot to close the door properly, the machine began to make some funny loud noises so we had to switch it off, the drum is jammed will not move back or forward. My washing is stuck in the machine.
I have tried to get in touch with 2 people I know , the guy we bought the machine of and a friend who fitted out boiler, in the hope he would no someone who could help. But they are not answering their phones or emails.
Does anyone one know how I can get my clothes out of the machine, or know of someone who could help.I forgot to mention it is a top loader.
Any advice would be welcome, before my husband breaks into the machine.:spin:

junglejim
15-07-2013, 18:38
If you can't get the washing machine engineer in ,it sounds as if your drum bearing has seized , if you are on a complex , the technico may be able to release the drum with stilsons wrench but will need to take the side panel off.

Addick
15-07-2013, 18:41
That's what happens when you ask a man to do a woman's job! :run:

chifleta
16-07-2013, 15:32
That's what happens when you ask a man to do a woman's job! :run:

Yes, unfortunately switching washing machines on and changing toilet rolls are jobs that are a bit beyond mens mental ability :fpull::bootyshake:

jandy
17-07-2013, 00:20
Panic over machine fixed and working again. Our friend Paul who is actually an electrician ( and a friend of the guy we bought the machine off) came today , and after almost stripping down the machine sorted it, one side of the door had bent backwards and was jamming the drum. All back in working order. Well who's going to be doing the washing from now on ? Me I think.