PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions needed for the Tenerife Forum!

Pooh
28-05-2011, 20:33
We really want this Forum to be Member-driven, a place where all of you are part of what it becomes; not only via the threads and posts you make, but also the evolution of the Forum itself into what it will become in the future!
Therefore we really need suggestions and feedback on how to improve the Forum!
All suggestions are appreciated. :)

Alivee
28-05-2011, 20:42
How about an online calender , so members can mark the dates they will be holidaying in Tenerife. It would be useful for meet ups etc .

:D

Vortex Wake
28-05-2011, 20:50
Don't forget the 'mobile' users :)

The Tapatalk option is useful, so is the 'mobile' template when it works.

When you are on a pay as you go plan in Tenerife - every byte counts ! ;)

admin
28-05-2011, 21:08
Tapatalk was added about 5 hours ago ;)

Vortex Wake
28-05-2011, 21:28
How do we know what sex we are?

admin
28-05-2011, 21:40
You put you hand in your pants :D

admin
28-05-2011, 21:41
Can anyone remember all the rules... if so, can you post them.

dede
28-05-2011, 21:57
What about a todays post !!!

Pooh
28-05-2011, 22:03

Not sure if the Gender hack works on this version, we'll look at it.

Vortex Wake
28-05-2011, 22:07
You put you hand in your pants :D

Try it on Pooh

admin
28-05-2011, 22:17
Hack added so that people with 2 or more forum members using the same PC can easily switch accounts. Apparently the ability to do so will be in your user cp, but not had chance to double check it yet.

It's called 'quick user switch. Once accounts are paired, there should be an option on the menu.

admin
28-05-2011, 22:18
Helpcentre is online. Please use it for all help tickets.

admin
28-05-2011, 22:20
Live support added to the helpcentre in order to make the mods more responsive to problems... still have to teach the mods how to use it though :D

Pooh
28-05-2011, 22:32
Try it on Pooh

Look at my picture - NO PANTS!!!

(Please try to stay on topic....)

ruffus
28-05-2011, 22:34
OOOH You have an avatar , tell me how

Vortex Wake
28-05-2011, 22:43
Look at my picture - NO PANTS!!!

(Please try to stay on topic....)

That WAS my Joke - keep up :D

Pooh
28-05-2011, 22:46
OOOH You have an avatar , tell me how

It wasn't active when the Forum was first launched, but now you can upload a custom Avatar if you Edit your Profile.

dede
28-05-2011, 23:04
What about how many are viewing this thread?

Zara
28-05-2011, 23:10
:devil: What about an OPEN off topic so we can continue with the drivel :devil:

MrsTT
28-05-2011, 23:15
quick switch worked

Carol55
28-05-2011, 23:25
:devil: What about an OPEN off topic so we can continue with the drivel :devil:

I thought that the dungeon was the place where we could generally talk drivel.:)

doreen
28-05-2011, 23:44
Going by the last incarnation of TF, we will have a fair few threads about dogs, cats, charities to do with dogs, cats .... do we need a Pet section - what was it called before ???

Pooh
28-05-2011, 23:49
Going by the last incarnation of TF, we will have a fair few threads about dogs, cats, charities to do with dogs, cats .... do we need a Pet section - what was it called before ???

"Tenerife Pet Care & Information" or something like that.

admin
28-05-2011, 23:53
I thought that the dungeon was the place where we could generally talk drivel.:)The dungeon is now a SECTION rather than a thread, so you can have several threads of drivel if you like :)

admin
28-05-2011, 23:54
Going by the last incarnation of TF, we will have a fair few threads about dogs, cats, charities to do with dogs, cats .... do we need a Pet section - what was it called before ???It already exists :)

doreen
28-05-2011, 23:57
It already exists :)

Sorry, sorry, sorry ... just found it :o

caroletenerife
28-05-2011, 23:59

Could there not be a Charity thread, to announce up and coming events...I know that us animal people are quite vocal, but there is alot of good work done by charitiies that raise money for all sorts of causes. If events and fundraisers were in one place it could raise their profile x

admin
29-05-2011, 00:34
Yes there can. Give me a second. There used to be one... dunno why it was merged.

EDIT > Done :)

ali marshall
29-05-2011, 01:38
What about the for sale,wanted and swap section,i can not find this? Excuse me if already here and im going blind lol

admin
29-05-2011, 01:46
Under Tenerife Forum Marketplace, as they were before ;)

West mids tyke
29-05-2011, 07:22
how about a counter type thing so people can count down their days to tenerife hols on their profile??? just a thought about adding a widget thingy

TOTO 99
29-05-2011, 07:49
Alivee's idea of a calendar to show who's on holiday when is a cracker. There must be loads of us there at the same time and we don't even know it.

doreen
29-05-2011, 11:02
More a query than a suggestion ... how does the Help Desk work ... I was just "bounced" from there :)

Zara
29-05-2011, 11:16
This suggestion is for the lazy people like me :whistle:

Can we have a Today's Posts please, rather than having to go to the forum and check each category separately. ;)

I assume the What's New will grow but at the moment there are only a couple of things there hence having to go to the main forum page.

Harmonicaman
29-05-2011, 11:18
The Avatar size is limited to 80 x 80 pixels which takes away any animation. Any chance of going back to the previous dimensions i.e. 100 x 100 pixels?
Example: You should be able to see the flames moving on my guitar.:)

Norm de Plume
29-05-2011, 11:27
Is it possible to email all former members to inform them of the new site? I only found out by chance.

Pooh
29-05-2011, 11:28
The Avatar size is limited to 80 x 80 pixels which takes away any animation. Any chance of going back to the previous dimensions i.e. 100 x 100 pixels?
Example: You should be able to see the flames moving on my guitar.:)

Done...... ;)
(You may have to re-up your image.)

Harmonicaman
29-05-2011, 11:30
Done...... ;)
(You may have to re-up your image.)
Now that's what I call service! Well done Sir!:)

Pooh
29-05-2011, 11:32
Is it possible to email all former members to inform them of the new site? I only found out by chance.

We don't have the user database from the old site, so it wasn't possible. :(
All who were on Facebook were notified, and all are urged to in turn notify any and all they know and have contact info for.. spread the word.

tonypub
29-05-2011, 12:11
can we have polls back please

dede
29-05-2011, 12:32
I would like to look at all posts but cant seem to, i can only get 22 threads and nothing else! what can i do ?

Suej
29-05-2011, 13:53
Weīll have to be patient dede, I too want to look at some earlier posts....:doh:

Zara
29-05-2011, 13:58
You can look at everything if you go to 'forum' and then click on the separate categories - that is why I asked for a Today's Posts earlier in this thread as it is a bit long winded at the moment.

slodgedad
29-05-2011, 13:58
It has been reported and is on the to do list.

Zara
29-05-2011, 14:09
thank you so much for the Todays Posts tab. xxxx

dede
29-05-2011, 14:10
Yay !!! we have a todays button ... brill

Suej
29-05-2011, 14:13
Yay !!! we have a todays button ... brill

All bits getting added as we speak! can anyone explain that when I have clicked to reply I have to log in again? is it just me? or is it on the long list of glitches?:confused:

Zara
29-05-2011, 14:19
Think it's just you :eyebrows::eyebrows:

Suej
29-05-2011, 14:43
Think it's just you :eyebrows::eyebrows:

How do you know that then? seems Ok now as it happens!:p;)

Susief
29-05-2011, 14:56
How do you know that then? seems Ok now as it happens!:p;)

It happens to me when I am on tapatalk, I have to log back in.

KirstyJay
29-05-2011, 15:09
All bits getting added as we speak! can anyone explain that when I have clicked to reply I have to log in again? is it just me? or is it on the long list of glitches?:confused:If you remember from the old forum, you need to make sure the 'remember me' box is selected too.

If anyone has issues, please post them to the helpdesk, as it easier to find them there, rather than having to read through posts on the offchance. Ta. :)

Suej
29-05-2011, 16:21
If you remember from the old forum, you need to make sure the 'remember me' box is selected too.

If anyone has issues, please post them to the helpdesk, as it easier to find them there, rather than having to read through posts on the offchance. Ta. :)

Thanks Kirsty...and thatīs for everything by the way! I have made reports in the past to the help desk (old forum) but never got any replies or responses so Iīm hoping that will all change now. I will do the same with this request which is can we have the "Gender" reinstated on profiles.:)

tonypub
29-05-2011, 17:25
can we have a little counter that updates itself to say how many members we got

tonypub
29-05-2011, 17:54
can we have a little counter that updates itself to say how many members we gotthank you for such a promt action

Suej
29-05-2011, 18:10
Cīmon you lot! put your avatars on it will cheer the place up...like having new wallpaper!!!:window: Iīm having a clean up down in the dungeon ready for the new arrivals! or should I say inmates!:devil:

CIM
29-05-2011, 18:26
When you click on "New Posts" it shows a list of threads that have been updated but clicking on any of the headers takes you to the first page of that thread rather than the latest page. Can it be changed to take you to the latest page?

tonypub
29-05-2011, 18:30
can we have smileys in quick reply plz

CIM
29-05-2011, 18:32
Reply to threads and pmīs via email (when viewing updates which are emailed to you.)
Just noticed this has been integrated into facebook recently - quite clever!
Maybe a forum plugin that allows something similar?

CIM
29-05-2011, 19:22
"Do-follow" links rather than "no follow" links.

KirstyJay
29-05-2011, 19:27
When you click on "New Posts" it shows a list of threads that have been updated but clicking on any of the headers takes you to the first page of that thread rather than the latest page. Can it be changed to take you to the latest page?You need to click on the little arrow to the left to go to the latest post. You always have...?

CIM
29-05-2011, 19:32
I couldn't remember if I had to do that or not. Is there no way to make it default to the latest page then? Makes sense if you are looking at latest posts.

KirstyJay
29-05-2011, 20:09
I have to get back to my life, as I've been on here all day since 730am... but we'll add it to the list.

To be honest, I don't want to get bogged down with doing too much too soon in case zarion materialises. :)

sunspot
29-05-2011, 20:12
You have all worked so hard and the amount of work already done in really fantastic,this is going to be the no1 forum, for me anyway................thankyou

tonypub
29-05-2011, 21:00
can we see whos viewing the thread at bottom of page please

fonica
29-05-2011, 22:32
Maybe members who answer posts as if they are offering helpful information, when in fact they have a vested interest in making contact with the person writing the post eg.bedroom property agents and the like,should have to declare their interest openly.I don't know how this could be set up but it's just a thought.A friend of mine in the UK had some very worrying people contact her when she asked about buying property in Tenerife.

CIM
29-05-2011, 23:02
Perhaps a register of members offering professional services would be useful? Not sure what problem you are pointing out though really. So far as I can make out, if an agent on here has a property for sale on a complex that someone is inquiring about, then they are NOT supposed to offer information? Yet, if they donīt have a property for sale they CAN offer information? You perhaps need to rethink that one... Plus there are very few agents on here that openly offer information at all so who might you be referring to?

So far as "bedroom agents" or agents who work from an office in their house though - doesnīt make any difference to their level of expertise and certainly does not determine in any way their honesty. A big, shiny office unfortunately offers no buyer protection whatsoever. One of the most honest agents I know has worked from home for the past 4 years after ditching his office - its my preference too when possible. Another very honest agent I work with does have an office so the office makes no difference to how honest they are - subject for another thread though....

DaveRF
29-05-2011, 23:12
Another forum I am a member and moderator of has a Mod actions thread. Quite simply it is a closed thread updated weekly with a list of mod actions ie such and such was banned for trolling, such and such was banned as returned banned user such and such and blah blah was given a warning for trolling etc etc. Nothing is open for discussion and starting threads about the content of that particular thread is against the forum rules. A spirit of openness was requested by members so this was put in place. It may be something that might work well on this forum.

CIM
29-05-2011, 23:16
Hmm, wouldnīt have thought of that Dave but worth considering - seems like a good idea.

DaveRF
29-05-2011, 23:21
Hmm, wouldnīt have thought of that Dave but worth considering - seems like a good idea.

It stops the endless speculation that ensues when the mods do their job. I think it is important though that it's made clear the content of the thread is not up for general discussion otherwise it's counter productive.

slodgedad
30-05-2011, 02:24
Another forum I am a member and moderator of has a Mod actions thread. Quite simply it is a closed thread updated weekly with a list of mod actions ie such and such was banned for trolling, such and such was banned as returned banned user such and such and blah blah was given a warning for trolling etc etc. Nothing is open for discussion and starting threads about the content of that particular thread is against the forum rules. A spirit of openness was requested by members so this was put in place. It may be something that might work well on this forum.

It depends how open you would want it to be.

Most problems here are dealt with discreetly so the offending member is gently warned and the membership are not alerted to a sometimes, out of character, misdemeanour.

I think making mod decisions and actions public can only work against the general good running of a forum.

Cliques and gangs spring to mind.

Zara
30-05-2011, 19:22
I donīt know how possible this is but could the size of our mailbox be increased from 50 to perhaps 100 as many of us forget to empty them. Thx.

bonitatime
30-05-2011, 19:41
I donīt know how possible this is but could the size of our mailbox be increased from 50 to perhaps 100 as many of us forget to empty them. Thx.

I was always happy that the forum didn't save sent mail as this is somthing that you never seem to remember to throw away. Perhaps that could be implemented here. Poor kirsty, between the school, here website work the house and family and now all these requests.

doreen
30-05-2011, 19:41

I think it has something to do with taking up space .... I'd actually be prepared to pay a small fee for 100 or more :)

tonypub
30-05-2011, 19:45
I was always happy that the forum didn't save sent mail as this is somthing that you never seem to remember to throw away. Perhaps that could be implemented here. Poor kirsty, between the school, here website work the house and family and now all these requests.
my guess is "shes lovin it bar da bar bu bar"and pooh of course

atlantico
30-05-2011, 20:01
Can I make a suggestion ?

If Zarion re-appears without good reason for his absence . . . . . . . . . . We stick to this forum, with mods/owners who actually care !!

Harmonicaman
30-05-2011, 20:04
Can I make a suggestion ?

If Zarion re-appears without good reason for his absence . . . . . . . . . . We stick to this forum, with mods/owners who actually care !!
Best not to pre-judge. Wait and see what happens first.:)

atlantico
30-05-2011, 20:07
Best not to pre-judge. Wait and see what happens first.:)

I fully agree, but do you think that anyone would go to this much time, cost and trouble setting up another forum, to just shut it down and say 'go back to the original' ?

I'd tell Zarion that a mutiny by the forum members has occurred, and bye, bye

KirstyJay
30-05-2011, 20:23
I fully agree, but do you think that anyone would go to this much time, cost and trouble setting up another forum, to just shut it down and say 'go back to the original' ?

I'd tell Zarion that a mutiny by the forum members has occurred, and bye, byeWould rather not go that route, however it would be nice if he would agree to allow us to either buy it, or run it and hive him a percentage of earnings, as then it would give him what he is due for initial setup and us what we are due for all our hard work, plus it would motivate us to make the forum bigger and better in order to make it work for us, the members, so that it is a space that works for everyone.

Also, if zarion does have other things going on in his life that keeps him too busy to work on the forum it would free up that aspect of his life without leaving a bad taste in anyone's mouths, or anyone out of pocket.

Member pressure and support could be helpful in getting a good conclusion for everyone concerned... the mods, the members and zarion... rather than it having to mean that someone is left feeling they are hard done by.

We've had quite a few ideas floating around the mods room for a long time about possible improvements, but have not had the access to do it. We have now, and the mods have permissions to actually moderate too, so it would be nice to continue to have that ability.

KirstyJay
30-05-2011, 20:47
Smilies added to quick reply, quick edit and everything else! :D

KirstyJay
30-05-2011, 20:54
I donīt know how possible this is but could the size of our mailbox be increased from 50 to perhaps 100 as many of us forget to empty them. Thx.Increasing PM limits is not hard to do, but as Doreen says, it's all about space really. There is an option to download PMs, so no one needs an infinite amount... however there could be a happy medium... how about we have less PMs allowed for Newbies... and as a member's post count increases, then so does their PM capacity.

For example,

Newbie 10 PMs
Member 25 PMs
Tenerifian 50 PMs
Super Tenerifian 100 PMs
500 posts (own user title) 150 PMs

That way, if you use the forum a lot, you'll have a bigger PM box, but for people that are rarely on, it won't matter having a smaller PM box. :)

What do you think? A good compromise?

Zara
30-05-2011, 20:58
Increasing PM limits is not hard to do, but as Doreen says, it's all about space really. There is an option to download PMs, so no one needs an infinite amount... however there could be a happy medium... how about we have less PMs allowed for Newbies... and as a member's post count increases, then so does their PM capacity.

For example,

Newbie 10 PMs
Member 25 PMs
Tenerifian 50 PMs
Super Tenerifian 100 PMs
500 posts (own user title) 150 PMs

That way, if you use the forum a lot, you'll have a bigger PM box, but for people that are rarely on, it won't matter having a smaller PM box. :)

What do you think? A good compromise?

Excellent idea Kirsty - now bugger off and enjoy what is left of the day with your family you have been here too long. :D

doreen
30-05-2011, 20:59
Excellent idea ... what's Super - 250 posts ? Ecky should be there by now :)

ruffus
30-05-2011, 21:03
What about accommodation wanted or people renting out properties?

CIM
30-05-2011, 21:10
Iīd go for a fee model. Pay 12€ a year (thatīs just 1€ a month!!) to have your inbox quota increased to whatever and also to be able to add signatures. that way anyone who doesn't want to pay doesn't have to.

atlantico
30-05-2011, 21:14
Iīd go for a fee model. Pay 12€ a year (thatīs just 1€ a month!!) to have your inbox quota increased to whatever and also to be able to add signatures. that way anyone who doesn't want to pay doesn't have to.

commercial signatures Yes. Silly little comments/saying, No

Zara
30-05-2011, 21:24

Fine in principle but how do you collect the money - Paypal, what do you do with those who donīt pay - ban em? If you are collecting money from the public I suppose account will have to be kept. Just a couple of thoughts.

CIM
30-05-2011, 21:27
Yep Paypal.
Paid in 12€ installments. If you are upto date your signature works and your inbox quota is larger. Once youīre out of date your sig stops working and your inbox returns to standard.

KirstyJay
30-05-2011, 21:38
What about accommodation wanted or people renting out properties?What about them? There are already sections for this ???

KirstyJay
30-05-2011, 21:42
Yep Paypal.
Paid in 12€ installments. If you are upto date your signature works and your inbox quota is larger. Once youīre out of date your sig stops working and your inbox returns to standard.
The forum has never been centred around taking cash. It all becomes rather capitalist with those that can pay getting stuff, and those that can't not. There are better ways than taking cash that are being looked into that have better principles which are fairer to all, but basing what you get on what you contribute to the growth of the forum rather than monetary contributions.

Advertising generates more than enough income for the forum to cover costs.... when people can actually get their ads on ;) :)

Plus, as Zara said, it is hard enough collecting and chasing up advertising cash. I don't think the mods have time to keep emailing non payers and changing permissions every day for 100s of members. It's not viable.

doreen
30-05-2011, 22:22
Will we be having the over 18's section again ... with no **** :lol:

Zara
30-05-2011, 22:25
Will we be having the over 18's section again ... with no **** :lol:

We have one - Sal is already in the dungeon hotting things up :whistle:

doreen
30-05-2011, 22:28
We have one - Sal is already in the dungeon hotting things up :whistle:

I don't often venture down there ... why is the Christmas Cake thread below stairs ???

Malteser Monkey
31-05-2011, 11:34
Can we have a cheeky smiliey please, I don't feel complete

Also just realised "my mood" is missing will we have that ?

KirstyJay
31-05-2011, 12:23
Can we have a cheeky smiliey please, I don't feel complete

Also just realised "my mood" is missing will we have that ?

Can you find a smiley on google and post a link as we already have this cheeky smiley :p so I'm unsure which one you mean.

Thanks for reminding me about mood, but as it's not a major add on it may be next week before I can look. :)

Zara
31-05-2011, 12:32
I'd like a raspberry http://www.orkutting.com/smiley/56.JPG http://www.orkutting.com/smiley/56.JPG

http://lovepics.co.cc/data/2011-05-18/animated-smiley-face.jpg http://lovepics.co.cc/data/2011-05-18/animated-smiley-face.jpg

COL NIL SATIS
01-06-2011, 22:20
Found this one yesterday Kirsty (could be worth a look)

Allow users to chose there default text formatting from (User CP).and applied on new threads, new replies and group discussions With inline styling,we added this to our new 4.1.3 vbull forum yesterday ,its a cracking addittion

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=231923&page=5

Get rid of the Helpdesk and add a Help and support section on the forum that is only viewable by admins/mods and the poster who requires assistance..Now posters who require help get it in minutes rather than hours ....

think that would work well here aswell

Zara
02-06-2011, 10:58
Get rid of the Helpdesk and add a Help and support section on the forum that is only viewable by admins/mods and the poster who requires assistance..Now posters who require help get it in minutes rather than hours ....

think that would work well here aswell

Donīt understand the technical stuff that is why I have deleted that from your quote above.

I think the Help is an excellent idea. There are quite a few members who have superb knowledge and are happy to assist, by having this section it gives them the opportunity. Sometimes we just need a quick fix and there may not be a Mod with the relevant knowledge available at that particular time.

I remembered a lot of Col's advice about quick navigation of the old site and have updated my profile accordingly it works a treat and best of all he tells us how to do it in 'Language for Dummies' so even I understand.

Ian_N
03-06-2011, 19:47
Donīt understand the technical stuff that is why I have deleted that from your quote above.

I think the Help is an excellent idea. There are quite a few members who have superb knowledge and are happy to assist, by having this section it gives them the opportunity. Sometimes we just need a quick fix and there may not be a Mod with the relevant knowledge available at that particular time.

I remembered a lot of Col's advice about quick navigation of the old site and have updated my profile accordingly it works a treat and best of all he tells us how to do it in 'Language for Dummies' so even I understand.

I agree, when I was more active on the last incarnation, before the help desk was introduced, I enjoyed helping folks with their queries and spent a lot of time helping out. When the helpdesk came along sort of diminshed my input, and my own experiences when I needed the helpdesk showed it took quite a while to get repsonses, sometimes.

warbey
03-06-2011, 20:00
I do hope that eventually We can see who is viewing a Thread from a list at the foot of the Page.
not bothered if anyone (mod) is hidden. It used to show up the Lurkers who did just that..!!!

Would it be possible please to reset the Clock to 24 hrs.
Its unnerving looking and seeing 0840 with a pm at the side
There appears to be a Two digit Hour space, so, hopefully could be done.
Thanks..I Hope..!!!

DeeD
04-06-2011, 14:55
Would it be possible to have a system whereby adverts for job vacancies, goods for sale etc get cleared off after say a month. People put these on the forum but never seem to come back and say position filled, or goods sold etc.

KirstyJay
04-06-2011, 15:57
This would also reduce members' post counts, which I would think would bring objections of their own... old threads can be closed, but not deleted.

KirstyJay
04-06-2011, 16:08
Would it be possible to have a system whereby adverts for job vacancies, goods for sale etc get cleared off after say a month. People put these on the forum but never seem to come back and say position filled, or goods sold etc.

This would also reduce members' post counts, which I would think would bring objections of their own... old threads can be closed, but not deleted.
Just added an auto close mod for the market place forums. Threads will close after 30 days inactivity.
:)

Suej
04-06-2011, 16:21
I do hope that eventually We can see who is viewing a Thread from a list at the foot of the Page.
not bothered if anyone (mod) is hidden. It used to show up the Lurkers who did just that..!!!

Would it be possible please to reset the Clock to 24 hrs.
Its unnerving looking and seeing 0840 with a pm at the side
There appears to be a Two digit Hour space, so, hopefully could be done.
Thanks..I Hope..!!!

You just want to see whoīs lurking warbs :devil:, I think weīre better off without it

It would be nice to see the title of the thread on each post as we had before, sometimes I forget what thread Iīm on and go off topic! itīs really not intentional!:spin:

Zara
04-06-2011, 16:35
You just want to see whoīs lurking warbs :devil:, I think weīre better off without it

It would be nice to see the title of the thread on each post as we had before, sometimes I forget what thread Iīm on and go off topic! itīs really not intentional!:spin:

It's an age thing Sue - happens to me all the time :surrender: so I will second your vote for that as halfway through my reply I have to scoot to the top of the page to see what I'm answering. :wall:

slodgedad
04-06-2011, 19:42
Just added an auto close mod for the market place forums. Threads will close after 30 days inactivity.
:)

Duh. That was my late night fun, closing old threads...Duh

Suej
05-06-2011, 11:29
Could we have a Cat smiley please? :hello:

TIS
05-06-2011, 12:08
What about a todays post !!!

Only if this is different to "New Posts"

Suej
05-06-2011, 12:32
One other thing I have noticed maybe others havenīt, but there is sometimes no Thanks button? if you go to another thread and then back the Thanks button miraculously reappears!???

I cannot understand that although I have asked for no emails. I donīt post too much but I still had 33 emails in my inbox!!!! Have I not ticked or checked something on my general settings...sorry I canīt seem to post on the Helpdesk either when I click submit message it tells me I do not have permission to access the page:doh:

COL NIL SATIS
05-06-2011, 22:33
Heres a good one Kirsty ...auto you tube embed ,no need for adding the you tube urls into the you tube box

this simple mod lets users add the url straight into the post and it'll auto embed,be good for members that are a little unsure of how to add videos etc

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=261296

Also this won MOD Of the MONTH for July on Vbull.org

It may be useful ,it may be not...Posted so you could take a look and see if it could help you guys out!! :hat:

Added after 2 minutes:

Last but not least is a mod i sorted for Vbulletin last year with the help of Lynne(1 i am very proud of) and i tweaked the code,now its been updated ,what this code does is adds space between the sidebar blocks ,same as the forum ...at the moment the sidebar blocks are all together in a row(no space between them) ,this code will add a nice little space between them so all the different blocks are seperate like the main forum

to do this Kirsty you need to add this superb mod from Lynne from vbull

additional.css (straight forward xml plugin)

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=228628

Addittional.css is prob the best mod we have added on our forum and should be made as compulsory by Vbull ,it really helps a lot and makes our lives a lot easier,tonnes of the latest happening mods are using adittional.css) its fab

Once thats added

Add space between the sideblocks...I own this mod but its free to any vbull site that wants to use it

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=245994

^^^^^^ i own that 1 ....

Tested tonight on our vbull forum 4.1.3 and updated the thread ..works on all versions of vbulletin from version 4 onwards

maybe of use to the forum/maybe not !! makes the sideblocks look class....

hopefully this will come in as helpful!!!

Malteser Monkey
06-06-2011, 09:41
Can we have a cheeky smiley and a cheeky mood please

Also why does it state that I only have 3 friends when I have more

And also can we have our gender's back please

Thanks

slodgedad
06-06-2011, 11:08
Can we have our gender's back please

Thanks

The genders are back, MM. You have to set it yourself in your profile.

TenerifeTeddy
06-06-2011, 11:51
Could we have the "own threads/posts" link back please, I think it was under the "Forum" tab. Thanks :)

Malteser Monkey
06-06-2011, 12:00
we don't want much do we Slodgie

Vortex Wake
06-06-2011, 21:06
Thanks for the menu fix on small screen devices :)

CIM
06-06-2011, 22:51
Can we have a moderator edit notification? So if someone goes and changes a thread title for no good reason - we can see who has done that - for no good reason...

Pooh
06-06-2011, 23:23
Can we have a moderator edit notification? So if someone goes and changes a thread title for no good reason - we can see who has done that - for no good reason...

1. Mods always have good reason for doing their things.
2. If there isn't a good reason, see rule #1.

(I'm not joking.)

CIM
06-06-2011, 23:31
Heres two forum rules that are pretty generic to forums worldwide:

1. Mods are not infallible or immune to making mistakes
2. If they were, rule 1 wouldnīt exist - yet it does...

Iīm not joking either!

slodgedad
06-06-2011, 23:47
Heres two forum rules that are pretty generic to forums worldwide:

1. Mods are not infallible or immune to making mistakes
2. If they were, rule 1 wouldnīt exist - yet it does...

Iīm not joking either!

The gist of the post is that if anyone wants to challenge a mod decision then it should be done via PM or Help, as you have done tonight, which I dealt with immediately.

It is not allowed on open Forum

lighegree
07-06-2011, 06:01
Hey I think you have a great blog going here, I found it on Bing and plan on returning regularly for the information that you all are providing.

CIM
07-06-2011, 10:07
Hey I think you have a great blog going here, I found it on Bing and plan on returning regularly for the information that you all are providing.
Hey! That sounds like automated Spam and your link doesnīt work...

Vortex Wake
07-06-2011, 10:14
Hey! That sounds like automated Spam and your link doesnīt work...

Just press the report post button like I just have ;)

tenerifechris
08-06-2011, 18:14
How about the Job Vacancy section and Jobs Wanted?

Vortex Wake
08-06-2011, 19:30
How about the Job Vacancy section and Jobs Wanted?

http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/forumdisplay.php?29-Tenerife-Jobs-Wanted-amp-Vacancies

Jackie
12-06-2011, 12:05
One little suggestion.. Can you change the spelling on the moderator that is floating about on the screen saying 'contack us' to 'contact us', it's really bugging me:lol::lol:

atlantico
12-06-2011, 12:19
on the OLD forum, there used to be a button near to 'todays posts' taking you straight to 'Classifieds' section - good idea ?

Suej
12-06-2011, 12:22
Title of the thread appearing on each post for us numpties that are a bit forgetful and go off topic all the time!:stupid:

More smilies please? no cat ones :hello:

onelegnofeet
12-06-2011, 14:23
Title of the thread appearing on each post for us numpties that are a bit forgetful and go off topic all the time!:stupid:

More smilies please? no cat ones :hello:

Why are you posting this on the " I need a young man "thread ??

AL JAY
14-06-2011, 17:06
It would be great if we could have a few of the old smiley's back, Hiding behind the sofa, rofl and a few beer ones ta.

Suej
14-06-2011, 17:08
Still no cat ones either AJ :cry:

Why are you posting this on the " I need a young man "thread ??

There was nothing suitable on the "old man thread" and got a knock back from reggie!:kiss2:

warbey
14-06-2011, 20:14
Thanks for the current time ....now I know what day it is.!!!