PDA

View Full Version : Other Anyone recommend a restaurant in Puerto de la Cruz for Christmas Day?

curriegirl
17-07-2013, 15:05
Hi, we are spending our first Christmas in Puerto and wondered if anyone could recommend a good restaurant for the 25th December.
I know a lot of the restaurants close early on Christmas eve and are closed on the 25th.
We are not looking for a traditional meal, just somewhere nice with good food and service.
We have a car, so driving a little out of Puerto is ok for us.

We know of quite a lot of good places to eat, but we have never been on the Island over the Festive period, so looking for somewhere that some of the forum members have been at Christmas.

I really don't want to cook for myself as I do that most of the year and we have never had Christmas day in Tenerife.

looking forward to hearing from you soon as I suppose we will need to book early if they are open.

anto3
17-07-2013, 16:01
Last time I was in purto I went to the best Italian restaurant ever. I go to Italy a lot and this is better then I ever had in Italy The name is Don Castilla. The restaurant beautiful and they have wraps for each table to put on you if you are cold. It is a short walk fro la paz in a little courtyard with four other restaurant. Not to be missed. If you pm me I will find out if it is opened Christmas day

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Looked t trip advisor and it is Don Camillo

curriegirl
17-07-2013, 17:38
Thanks for getting back to me. is this the one near the harbour in a small square or one near la Paz?

Greg
17-07-2013, 21:15
I think you will find lots of forum members have been to http://www.mesonelmonasterio.com/ faultless food and an immense wine cellar. You will want to go more than once.
http://www.panoramio.com/photo/14092514

Megaloo
18-07-2013, 08:57
A few to choose from La Boheime just off Square in Calle Blanco.
Orchidia in la Paz
Magnolia in la Paz
All usually open on Christmas Day.

Rodders
18-07-2013, 10:24
Currie Girl,

Most restaurants will be open Christmas Day (25th) Normally its the 24th (from early evening) when nearly all the Spanish bars and restaurants are closed.