PDA

View Full Version : Facebook games using Flash player problems

penelope pitstop
19-07-2013, 16:21
I play several games on Facebook, primarily Candy Crush. For no reason I have a message telling me I need to upgrade Flashplayer to continue. I hve the most up to date version. I unistalled it & reinstalled, but the message still appears! Can anyone suggest what to do please?

BobMac
19-07-2013, 16:36
I play several games on Facebook, primarily Candy Crush. For no reason I have a message telling me I need to upgrade Flashplayer to continue. I hve the most up to date version. I unistalled it & reinstalled, but the message still appears! Can anyone suggest what to do please?

Are you using a PC or an Android Tablet/Phone ??

If it's the latter, Adobe withdrew support for the Android version of Flashplayer a few months ago.

penelope pitstop
19-07-2013, 16:53
I am using a new Dell laptop. I was playing the games several times a day, then put of the blue the message came up on the screen yesterday.

BobMac
19-07-2013, 17:10
I am using a new Dell laptop. I was playing the games several times a day, then put of the blue the message came up on the screen yesterday.

What OS is it running - the 32 bit or 64 bit version

Adobe took a long time to get Flashplayer to work on the 64 bit version of Windows 7.

I run 64 bit Windows 8 and have had to completely reinstal Flashplayer a couple of times recently, usually after receiving an update.

I've also had instances where it has said it isn't working and then 10 minutes later it starts working without me actually doing anything.

penelope pitstop
19-07-2013, 17:13
Windows 7 64 bit. As I said it has been working perfectly until yesterday. Am trying it several times a day.

BobMac
19-07-2013, 17:18
Windows 7 64 bit. As I said it has been working perfectly until yesterday. Am trying it several times a day.

Have a look HERE (http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-64-bit-operating.html)

penelope pitstop
19-07-2013, 17:33
Thanks, but a bit too technical for me. I have uninstalled & reinstalled again. It won't let me install for Internet Explorer with closing IE down,whatever that means??? I reinstalled for Windows 7 & other browsers as I have Google Chrome. Not sure what I can do next.

penelope pitstop
22-07-2013, 16:23
Resolved by going into Facebook via Google instead of internet explorer!

BobMac
22-07-2013, 16:43
Resolved by going into Facebook via Google instead of internet explorer!

Interestingly, most of the Techie Forums now recommend that you don't use IE - they recommend Firefox, Chrome, anything but IE !!

Taylor
22-07-2013, 17:33
Since FB installed new updates a few weeks ago the advertising is now getting out of hand. The Flash window comes up as part of one of those adverts that are now getting obtrusive. just go to the Flash homepage and upgrade from there if you need to. I am for one getting really peeved with adverts on FB that are just getting in way beyond resonable now, can't click a link without something advert flashing in your face now!

slodgedad
23-07-2013, 00:52
OH was having the same problem so instead of updating via the Facebook message I went direct and installed from Adobe.

She hasn't had the same problem since. (Using Firefox BTW)

Slightly off topic but why does IE exist? I don't know anyone that actually uses it.

BobMac
23-07-2013, 07:30
OH was having the same problem so instead of updating via the Facebook message I went direct and installed from Adobe.

She hasn't had the same problem since. (Using Firefox BTW)

Slightly off topic but why does IE exist? I don't know anyone that actually uses it.

The main reason IE still exists is historic.

At one time, even if you weren't using IE, you couldn't remove it as it was embedded into Windows in such a way that Windows stopped working if you removed it.

That is why you now get that start up utility which gives you the choice of browsers the first time you run a new Windows instal; MS had to introduce that to avoid a heavy fine from the EU for locking users into IE.