PDA

View Full Version : Parking in and around Los Cristianos and Las Americas

golazzo
24-07-2013, 06:20
Just wanted general advice if there are no go areas. I remember a few years back cars being towed away for fun down by the side of the Med Palace.

Are there any signs I should be looking out for and will there be time limits. We also have a disabled badge which can be used

9PLUS
24-07-2013, 09:12
Just wanted general advice if there are no go areas. I remember a few years back cars being towed away for fun down by the side of the Med Palace.

Are there any signs I should be looking out for and will there be time limits. We also have a disabled badge which can be used

Yeah look out for the Taxi rank signs don't park there, loading and unloading bays don't park on them, double and single yellow lines don't park there either, in the middle of the road and in the middle of a roundabout don't park there.

Don't park anywhere where it tells you not to or places that you should know about anyhow.

junglejim
24-07-2013, 11:15
Plenty of car parks around and not too expensive , not worth taking the chance if you are unsure -€120 or thereabouts if you are towed by Grua .
Torviscas Beach at Moonlight has a car park about €5 a day.

LUCKY
24-07-2013, 12:18
Just dont park anywhere. Keep youre wheels a turning
:drive::pinkcar::drive:

Malteser Monkey
24-07-2013, 12:24
Just dont park anywhere. Keep youre wheels a turning
:drive::pinkcar::drive:

or take a taxi !

I don't know about disabled badges do they allow you to park on lines and in bays ??

LUCKY
24-07-2013, 12:29
or take a taxi !

I don't know about disabled badges do they allow you to park on lines and in bays ??
Don't know if you can drive a disabled badge think you need one of these :dbluecar:

timmylish
24-07-2013, 13:07
The badge can be used only in the bays specifically designated for that use. Personally, unless you are sure you,ve found a space which allows parking, for the duration of time you seek, do not park anywhere but use the Car Parks. There seems a real reluctance to use such car parks (and we fall foulf of this ourselves!), not expensive but some are so badly laid out a scooter has problems parking in a designated car bay! Best of luck.

TenerifeTeddy
24-07-2013, 13:21
The best underground car park is the one on the corner of the Valdez/Eden centre opposite Ofipapel, spaces always spaces and very roomy.

The worst must be the car park at VistaSur, it must have been designed with toy cars in mind. Very low roof and if you manage to squeeze your car in, youŽll have trouble opening the door. Unless you are lucky to get one along the edge.

warbey
24-07-2013, 20:26
Do bother trying to park in Los Christianos as "ALL" spaces have been taken over by car dealer sharks selling thier wares!!!!!

No room for Crooks Getaway Cars.?

golazzo
24-07-2013, 21:18
Do bother trying to park in Los Christianos as "ALL" spaces have been taken over by car dealer sharks selling thier wares!!!!!

Don't quite follow

slodgedad
25-07-2013, 01:34

Don't quite follow

Must admit, the reply baffles me too.

Providing you park using your British common sense and don't park somewhere because someone else has then it's easy.

The only time I've found a problem is if there is a major event on in the area you want to park in.

As has been previously mentioned there are plenty of underground car parks around which to me, seem expensive as a resident, but compared to the UK are peanuts.

essexeddie
16-12-2013, 19:55
The 'Sharks' are people selling cars by the roadside