PDA

View Full Version : Which is a good bank to be with in Tenerife?

chocolatesundae
24-07-2013, 16:25
Which is the best bank to open a current account with on Tenerife, is somebody better than the others?

Taylor
24-07-2013, 17:54
Which is the best bank to open a current account with on Tenerife, is somebody better than the others?

Can't speak for others, but I moved out January and opened an account with BBVA, process was painless and have found them very helpful in all matters, good online banking facilities and apps for smartphones so I wouldn't hesitate to reccomend them.

kathml
24-07-2013, 18:14
There are bad banks and terrible banks you take your chance

Angusjim
24-07-2013, 18:24
[QUOTE=kathml;304435]There are bad banks and terrible banks you take your chance[/QUOTE

What a cheery quine you are

Taylor
24-07-2013, 18:53
[QUOTE=kathml;304435]There are bad banks and terrible banks you take your chance[/QUOTE

What a cheery quine you are
lol now there is a word I haven't heard in a while Quine !

instigator
24-07-2013, 18:53
It's not a matter of being cheery AngusJim, but factual. The system is here that the Foreigners Identification Number you use to open an account links you to any dealings you have with anyone, if they are legal. You have to include this information on anything fiscally you do, whether buying or selling, also registering with a Doctor and everything in-between. Any Government entity, local council, tax office, police etc. can take money from your account without asking you or telling you, getting to find out why is a nightmare, and they don't really have to prove you owe it, you have to prove you don't. There are other organisations who can also do this, in signing some agreements, mobile phone etc. it's in the small print. The Government or Courts can also embargo your account in different levels so it's effectively frozen, you're standing orders are returned unpaid in some cases and your insolvent until you can either prove the money claimed is not payable, you pay it, or go to court, I.E. parking fines, road tax, a myriad of things you may have incurred years ago that have just resurfaced.
My advice is hide it somewhere, if you need an account only keep in it what you need to pay your debits. That, AngusJim is more helpful than a sarcastic remark.

Angusjim
25-07-2013, 07:22
It's not a matter of being cheery AngusJim, but factual. The system is here that the Foreigners Identification Number you use to open an account links you to any dealings you have with anyone, if they are legal. You have to include this information on anything fiscally you do, whether buying or selling, also registering with a Doctor and everything in-between. Any Government entity, local council, tax office, police etc. can take money from your account without asking you or telling you, getting to find out why is a nightmare, and they don't really have to prove you owe it, you have to prove you don't. There are other organisations who can also do this, in signing some agreements, mobile phone etc. it's in the small print. The Government or Courts can also embargo your account in different levels so it's effectively frozen, you're standing orders are returned unpaid in some cases and your insolvent until you can either prove the money claimed is not payable, you pay it, or go to court, I.E. parking fines, road tax, a myriad of things you may have incurred years ago that have just resurfaced.
My advice is hide it somewhere, if you need an account only keep in it what you need to pay your debits. That, AngusJim is more helpful than a sarcastic remark.

Thanks for you advice and for your info I do have an account in Tenerife so know about the banking system, my post was directed at Kathml who is well known on the Forum for her cheery posts. But banks throughout the world are all "Bankers" not just Tenerife