PDA

View Full Version : Other Has anybody been to Callao Salvaje lately?

LUCKY
25-07-2013, 10:24
:flatcap:As anybody been to Callao lately, as anything altered since last December. Are the Beach facilities up and running . are there any new bars opened, any old ones closed.:feret::feret::feret::feret:

Malteser Monkey
25-07-2013, 10:37
:flatcap:As anybody been to Callao lately, as anything altered since last December. Are the Beach facilities up and running . are there any new bars opened, any old ones closed.:feret::feret::feret::feret:

No !:D..................

9PLUS
25-07-2013, 11:44
get your own bloody script .....................wench

cheers

x

Malteser Monkey
25-07-2013, 11:49
get your own bloody script .....................wench

cheers

x

What :D

It's the truth I ain't been ............lately

This Forum ain't big enough for the both of us:whistle::D

9PLUS
25-07-2013, 11:52
This Forum ain't big enough for the both of us:whistle::D

S'off then

x

Malteser Monkey
25-07-2013, 11:55
S'off then

x

to Callao ?

TenerifeTeddy
25-07-2013, 12:12

To answer your first question - Yes, every day, as we live there:D
To answer your second question, the beach is now fully operational with beach bar open, permanent parasols, and sunbeds available. Also a lifeguard on duty. :)

As to bars, I dont think there have been many changes.

LUCKY
25-07-2013, 12:45
:feret::flatcap:
No !:D..................

So now you think you are anybody. how come i thought you were everybody:devil2: :flatcap::feret::feret::feret::feret:
Thank you Mr T T hope to see you there as you say you are there everyday.:flatcap::feret:

Malteser Monkey
25-07-2013, 12:54
:feret::flatcap:

So now you think you are anybody. how come i thought you were everybody:devil2: :flatcap::feret::feret::feret::feret:
Thank you Mr T T hope to see you there as you say you are there everyday.:flatcap::feret:

Just little Miss honest - bein' honest, you asked - I replied - I was bought up wiv manners ! but he got lost along the way:D

LUCKY
25-07-2013, 17:18
Just little Miss honest - bein' honest, you asked - I replied - I was bought up wiv manners ! but he got lost along the way:D

Surely SOMEBODY must have been to Callao I did ask if ANYBODY had been, so therefore assuming somebody is anybody (and not everybody as i quoted in my post to you:devil2:) oh i give up im BL%%%Y lost:flatcap:Thank you for youre help at least i know one person aint been , x :flatcap:

Malteser Monkey
25-07-2013, 19:21
Surely SOMEBODY must have been to Callao I did ask if ANYBODY had been, so therefore assuming somebody is anybody (and not everybody as i quoted in my post to you:devil2:) oh i give up im BL%%%Y lost:flatcap:Thank you for youre help at least i know one person aint been , x :flatcap:

2 !! Manners didn't make it either:D

Oh and putting my special agent double M head on - tenerife teddy hasn't left there yet:raspberry2:

delderek
25-07-2013, 19:50

I was there. Not too long ago. But nobody else was! !

nicki
26-07-2013, 10:52
Callao Beach is fantastich, beach bar is great, definatly worth going there, even if you dont spent time at the beach .

LUCKY
26-07-2013, 10:58
Callao Beach is fantastich, beach bar is great, definatly worth going there, even if you dont spent time at the beach .

Great can't wait to don my Speedos, and of course the :feret::feret::feret::feret:will be wearing theirs:flatcap:

Malteser Monkey
26-07-2013, 11:14
Great can't wait to don my Speedos, and of course the :feret::feret::feret::feret:will be wearing theirs:flatcap:

I'll put out a warning !:D

LUCKY
26-07-2013, 11:20
I'll put out a warning !:DT
They enjoyed the display last year by me and the :feret::feret::feret::feret:.It was reported as a sight for sore eyes. there was only one winner and that was the Farmacia:flatcap:

Malteser Monkey
26-07-2013, 11:23
T
They enjoyed the display last year by me and the :feret::feret::feret::feret:.It was reported as a sight for sore eyes. there was only one winner and that was the Farmacia:flatcap:

:crylaughing: Look out everyone !

andy pandy
26-07-2013, 14:37
My daughter and her kids and friends were at my sons villa for 10 days. They loved the villa but felt that Calleo was too quiet for them. We have been to Calleo many times and we love it but we are retired and like a peaceful holiday. We went out every evening for a meal at different restaurants and the beach has opened and we felt it was a good place for seeing the island on the buses.

cjd01
26-07-2013, 15:24
Went 3 weeks ago - sat at the café and had beers and coffee - blissful -very quiet - just as we love it!

Malteser Monkey
26-07-2013, 18:02
Sounds like the perfect place for you and the blue rinse brigade Lucks !:hide::hide::cheeky:

Actually it sounds wonderful !:D

delderek
26-07-2013, 18:48
Callao really is a missed opportunity, it could be such a nice exclusive little place. The two or three bars on the road down to the beach all have the view blocked by the ugly Danish hotel. The strip of bars in Esmeralda leave a lot to be desired, and the Plywood extensions look like shanty town. Underneath that strip you have a nice modern bar (Arnie's), but the complex itself is dirty and grotty, and in need of major surgery. Don't get me wrong I like Callao, but unless it gets a major facelift, it's not a place that tourists would rush back to. Easy to improve, Pedestrianize the road down to the beach up to the pavement level, nice tables and chairs, that would be a good cheap start.

marbro8
26-07-2013, 19:21
Surely SOMEBODY must have been to Callao I did ask if ANYBODY had been, so therefore assuming somebody is anybody (and not everybody as i quoted in my post to you:devil2:) oh i give up im BL%%%Y lost:flatcap:Thank you for youre help at least i know one person aint been , x :flatcap:i've NEVER been:D

TenerifeTeddy
26-07-2013, 19:47
May & June are the 2 quietest months and it is picking up again with the start of the summer holidays.
We have lived in Callao for 8 years and really like it as a place to live and work. It is not Las Americas and anyone coming to Callao Salvaje expecting that type of resort will be dissapointed. However if you want the bright lights they are only 15 minutes away.

The facilities in the village are improving, and are much better than they were a couple of years ago. The council has adopted the village and that has made a difference in street cleaning, lighting etc. There are also far fewer empty shops than there were, which considering we have been in recession since 2008 shows that things are on the up.

There are some very nice restaurants, our favourite in the village is Sorpresa Sorpresa, where we have eaten many times and the food is always good. We also often eat at Casa Maria, or have lunch at Buzz Inn bar. The new Italian coffee shop Il Dolcetto is very popular, as is Eclipse cafe. The bread in the new French bakery Gormandises is delicous, and the butchers is also very popular.

The beach has been well received and is increasingly popular. Yes, it is a shame that it isn't proper sand, but it has made a fantastic space that is a real asset to the village and an immense improvement on what we had before.

Callao Salvaje is a great place to stay, the locals are friendly, it has a good mixture of bars and restaurants, and some nightlife in the bars in the evening. If you want to go out for a show or other entertainment then the other resorts are not far away. However if your idea of a holiday is Veronicas then Callao Salvaje is not the place for you. :)

delderek
26-07-2013, 20:08
May & June are the 2 quietest months and it is picking up again with the start of the summer holidays.
We have lived in Callao for 8 years and really like it as a place to live and work. It is not Las Americas and anyone coming to Callao Salvaje expecting that type of resort will be dissapointed. However if you want the bright lights they are only 15 minutes away.

The facilities in the village are improving, and are much better than they were a couple of years ago. The council has adopted the village and that has made a difference in street cleaning, lighting etc. There are also far fewer empty shops than there were, which considering we have been in recession since 2008 shows that things are on the up.

There are some very nice restaurants, our favourite in the village is Sorpresa Sorpresa, where we have eaten many times and the food is always good. We also often eat at Casa Maria, or have lunch at Buzz Inn bar. The new Italian coffee shop Il Dolcetto is very popular, as is Eclipse cafe. The bread in the new French bakery Gormandises is delicous, and the butchers is also very popular.

The beach has been well received and is increasingly popular. Yes, it is a shame that it isn't proper sand, but it has made a fantastic space that is a real asset to the village and an immense improvement on what we had before.

Callao Salvaje is a great place to stay, the locals are friendly, it has a good mixture of bars and restaurants, and some nightlife in the bars in the evening. If you want to go out for a show or other entertainment then the other resorts are not far away. However if your idea of a holiday is Veronicas then Callao Salvaje is not the place for you. :)

As residents you probably have different criteria to tourists. Casa Maria, yes food has always been OK, but have you used the toilets lately and slipped on the grease on the floor on the way there? The Buzz inn yes, again OK, but do you want to eat in a Car Park.

Sorpresa Sorpresa, nice food but overpriced, just walk in a little further and look at the repair state of that underground area. Then walk up the steps and look at the outside of the other bars on that floor and the 10 year old furniture (and they are all closed lunchtimes). This is not what the new image of Tenerife needs. As I have said I am ok with the place because I've known it for 20 years. But unless its brought up to date, its gonna stay empty.

Blackpeter
23-11-2013, 00:11
not really only a few months back i was there and the beach is nearly finished :)

TenerifeTeddy
23-11-2013, 09:38
not really only a few months back i was there and the beach is nearly finished :)

The beach is finished and beach bar and concessions for the sunbeds fully operational and well used. :)

Pengwynne
23-11-2013, 12:01
Any up-to-date development on the construction of the coastal walkway between Playa Paraiso and Callao?

Jollypolly
23-11-2013, 13:49
As residents you probably have different criteria to tourists. Casa Maria, yes food has always been OK, but have you used the toilets lately and slipped on the grease on the floor on the way there? The Buzz inn yes, again OK, but do you want to eat in a Car Park.

Sorpresa Sorpresa, nice food but overpriced, just walk in a little further and look at the repair state of that underground area. Then walk up the steps and look at the outside of the other bars on that floor and the 10 year old furniture (and they are all closed lunchtimes). This is not what the new image of Tenerife needs. As I have said I am ok with the place because I've known it for 20 years. But unless its brought up to date, its gonna stay empty.

I am with Delderk on this one, I live in Callao and I walk everyday. I cant help
but notice the neglect and scruffiness of the area in general. I know there is not a lot of money about but if the businesses want to attract more visitors
they have to start and clean up their bit. Tatty whicker chairs, peeling paintwork, neglected raised flower beds, litter, you name it, its down there.
The residents are also responsible for the dog pooh which is not cleaned up,
the pathway from the bottom road round the back leading to the Aguaviva
apartments is a disgrace, the stench is horrendous. Visitors wont come back
if they dont find it comfortable. The walk from Playa Pariaso doesnt seem to
have started as yet, perhaps its just as well because folk doing this walk I doubt they will stay in Callao as it is, not a very pretty place.