PDA

View Full Version : Health Avocado recipes please!

Kande
25-07-2013, 13:29
Hi,

I want to eat more avocado for the health benefits but its not the easiest or nicest thing to eat!!

Iīve tried mashing it up with fresh garlic, tomatoes and parsley or coriander but it still doesnīt taste great. I love Gaucamole but canīt seem to make it myself. Iīve also tried eating it on its own with salad but thats not very nice either.

Has anyone got some yummy receipes for me?

rosemary
25-07-2013, 19:52
Try a mashed up boiled egg and a small amount of garlic.

AL JAY
25-07-2013, 20:56
Kande try a few of these in the link... You can also make Smoothie's with Avocado and Blueberries and a squeeze of Lemon

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/search/node?search_api=avocado&f[0]=type%3Arecipe

You can click on each one individually

Kande
26-07-2013, 09:49
Thanks guys, lots to try

nicki
26-07-2013, 10:49
a very tastefull way of eating avocado is mashing it and then mix in some cheese with herbs (type philadelphia green herbs), you can put in as much or as little as you want , then i do it on a corncracker and its delicous
good luck

ribuck
26-07-2013, 11:39
I want to eat more avocado for the health benefits but its not the easiest or nicest thing to eat!

Are you sure you're eating them ripe enough? Avocadoes are delicious and nourishing, but they can be a little bitter if unripe. Avocadoes are ripe enough to enjoy when (a) you can flick out the little plug at the stem end with a fingernail, and (b) they will dent without springing back if you squeeze between thumb and index finger.

Try sandwiches with avocado, tomato and alfalfa sprouts (or just avocado and tomato ketchup). Try pasta - cooked and drained - with olive oil and chopped avocado stirred in, and a little salt and pepper sprinkled on top.

Finely-chopped avocado can be mixed with sour cream to make a fantastic dip for corn chips or doritos. Much easier to make than guacamole.

Cousincas
26-07-2013, 12:22
Bacon and Avocado rolls. delicious!

Kande
26-07-2013, 13:11
Bacon and Avocado rolls. delicious!

Ill suggest that to my OH as I donīt eat meat!

emmess
26-07-2013, 14:04
My hubby cuts them in half then puts them in the oven till they're hot. Then we eat them with Prawns or Crayfish tails in garlic, lime and chilli sauce. Yum!

lynnangela
17-08-2013, 11:29
My favourite guacamole type recipe is this, mash a ripe avocado with juice of a lemon, add a touch of chilli flakes or powder and a little salt. Very simple and very very delicious, I use it as a salsa with grilled fish, or as a dip.

chifleta
17-08-2013, 14:54
I love avocados, but they are prices at nearly 6 Euros a kilo at the moment.... eeeeeeek