PDA

View Full Version : Shopping Where are the best supermarkets in Las Americas?

GroovyGran
28-07-2013, 15:37
Hi Everyone,
Can someone tell me where the best supermarkets are in Las Americas? We are not sure yet, butwe think we will staying at Colon 2 Apartments, so as near to there as possible as the old legs are not as good as they used to be!
We just want the basics for drinks and snacks etc as we will probably be eating out, but I like the homeliness of getting back to a kitchen where my hubby and me can have a brew or a glass of wine and a few nibbles or sarnies.
Hope someone knows the area

Thanks in advance

PS. Also wondered if there were any sites with maps of restaraunts, cafes, or bars on the net?

marbro8
28-07-2013, 15:42
Hi Everyone,
Can someone tell me where the best supermarkets are in Las Americas? We are not sure yet, butwe think we will staying at Colon 2 Apartments, so as near to there as possible as the old legs are not as good as they used to be!
We just want the basics for drinks and snacks etc as we will probably be eating out, but I like the homeliness of getting back to a kitchen where my hubby and me can have a brew or a glass of wine and a few nibbles or sarnies.
Hope someone knows the area

Thanks in advance

PS. Also wondered if there were any sites with maps of restaraunts, cafes, or bars on the net?if you come out of your complex and turn left there is a supermarket about 200 yards on the left, you have to go down some steps to it, there is also a few restaurants and bars above there as well, the herefordshire bull is a good one;)

Bazz
28-07-2013, 18:09
Come out of Colon 2 and turn right and you will see Iceland just over the other side of the road! So ...... not far to walk. A bit more expensive than at home, but not too bad!
If you want a 'local' supermarket there is a Hyperdino up the road from there if you don't mind walking a bit further. :)

GroovyGran
28-07-2013, 20:14
Thanks Everyone, I'll make a note!

slodgedad
29-07-2013, 01:17
If you are just buying odds and ends then these two fine but if you want a big shop it would be better to get a taxi to one of the biger supermarkets.

Mercadona is only a 5 minute taxi ride away which has much better choices and is a lot cheaper.

Unless you are doing a 'decent' shop though the taxi fare would negate the savings made.