PDA

View Full Version : Gordon Ramsay's Cocktail Lounge Bar and Restaurant, Torviscas, Tenerife

YOUNG GOLFER
30-05-2011, 16:43
Well this was a very popular thread and one i think should be back on here.:)

chris
30-05-2011, 16:47
Well this was a very popular thread and one i think should be back on here.:)

Young Golfer,
is that Jack Duckworth with you in the picture?

doreen
30-05-2011, 16:47
Just to clarify for those who know the name & think he has reduced his prices :)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-1321505/Gordon-Ramsays-fury-fake-Tenerife-restaurant.html

YOUNG GOLFER
30-05-2011, 16:55
Young Golfer,
is that Jack Duckworth with you in the picture?

yes that is mate.........or Bill as he likes to be called now;)

Loaded
30-05-2011, 16:57
This place is so annoying, it looks nicely decked out and I've heard good reviews but the fact they've ripped off his name and image without consent makes me not want to go.

If it was called Bob Bobby's or John Morris or anything other than Gordon Ramsays I'd go!

doreen
30-05-2011, 17:00
I agree Loaded, but what I find strange is that on his new updated website, there doesn't seem to be any disclaimer ... there was before in the Europe section

http://www.gordonramsay.com/europeanrestaurants/

YOUNG GOLFER
30-05-2011, 17:07
Well i have been told that the Chef of the place here in Tenerife is much nicer than the knob on Tele;)....have to say when i watch him on TV he seems to get worse.

Don't care how famous or how rich you might be.....to have a potty mouth likes his he wants shooting.:doh:

Heffalumpy
30-05-2011, 17:10
Well i have been told that the Chef of the place here in Tenerife is much nicer than the knob on Tele;)....have to say when i watch him on TV he seems to get worse.

Don't care how famous or how rich you might be.....to have a potty mouth likes his he wants shooting.:doh:

Bet you want to eat his food before you shoot him...;)

YOUNG GOLFER
30-05-2011, 17:12
Bet you want to eat his food before you shoot him...;)

I would shoot him first....not interested in his food ....unless of course he can make spicy chicken like they do in Bar Espana in Adeje:whistle::whistle:

Loaded
31-05-2011, 10:56
I agree Loaded, but what I find strange is that on his new updated website, there doesn't seem to be any disclaimer ... there was before in the Europe section

http://www.gordonramsay.com/europeanrestaurants/

Weird. Maybe they forgot to include it or thought by including the restaurant it gave it more exposure?

There was something in Uk press about him being angry with them not long ago

Jackie
31-05-2011, 11:12
Been to one of his restaurants in the UK and the food is nothing to shout about, Jamie Olivers Restaurant 15 wins hands down. Always remember GR's TV programme where 'celebrity' chefs would have to cook all the meals for his restaurant and at the end another 'celebrity' would have a cook off against him for one dish and then a panel would taste them and decide which one they preferred, never knowing who had actually made it. Can't remember one programme where GR actually won

caroletenerife
01-06-2011, 18:57
Was charged 1euro 50 cent to fill the flask for the charity shop:eek::eek:, they should rename it **** Turpins, or at least have the decency to wear a mask:lol::lol:

Red Devil
01-06-2011, 20:21
Weird. Maybe they forgot to include it or thought by including the restaurant it gave it more exposure?

There was something in Uk press about him being angry with them not long ago

Think he has a lot more on his plate with multi million pound lawsuits at the moment than worrying about a pretty ordinary restaurant 2000 miles away making a living on his name.

CIM
02-06-2011, 00:27
How has this place STILL not been closed down???
I find that very strange...

wen53
02-06-2011, 00:45
Is Ramsay spelt the same? Maybe there's some loophole concerning spelling????

rob897
13-11-2011, 21:56
i hope it doesn't the food there is great and its nicely decorated. i don't think it will either i mean theres got be more than one Gordon Ramsay in the world that just so happens to be a chef too...

Is Ramsay spelt the same? Maybe there's some loophole concerning spelling????
they could always rename it to
Rordon Gamsay or something , give it a bit more spanish feel to it :P

Added after 3 minutes:

that actual row of restaurants is pretty awesome except for... the GINGING GANDHI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

philbot007
27-05-2014, 14:57

I've just had a meal there and it was really good!

By the way it is named Gordon Ransay - according to the literature.

CIM
27-05-2014, 15:14
I´ve eaten there loads of times - usually lunch. But cant believe nothing has happened about the name!

honda
28-05-2014, 10:01
Wonder if they have applied to be on Kitchen Nightmares ?