PDA

View Full Version : Tax advice needed regarding my pension from the UK in Tenerife

andy pandy
29-07-2013, 12:45
Help please. I am moving permently to Tenerife on September. Can anyone advise me on the tax system there. What I mean is I start having my retirement pension in August and I also have other private pension and I received a letter from the tax off in the UK and they are going to deduct another £100 plus a month plus what I already pay in tax! Can someone give me the name and address and email address if possible so that I can talk to them and try and see what is best for me to do. I recall seeing a name and I think it was Diane Mc something and she had been recommended by a few pwople. Thanks everyone. Fed up of the money grabbing tax mans in the UK. Can't wait to get to Tenerife.:devil:eek2:

princessmonika
29-07-2013, 13:37
not all sunshine and roses here as well , well sorry sunshine yes;)

casabonny
29-07-2013, 13:40
Most people believe that the OLD AGE PENSION as it is commonly referred to is tax free when in actual fact it is PAID tax free but it is deducted from your allowances meaning that you have a lower tax code which in turn means paying more tax, so effectively it is taxable and is indeed taxed!
It depends on from whom your private pension is as to whether you would be able to have it paid tax free in the UK and pay your taxes here annually, certain government pensions are not permitted to be paid tax free for people who live abroad. Therefore if you fall into this category and become fiscally resident here , you would declare the pension paid ( in euros) and would be given a credit for the UK Tax paid under the double taxation agreement that exists between Spain and the UK.If not you can claim exemption from UK tax under the double taxation arrangements but normally this cannot be done until you have made your first Declaracion de la Renta here , although from the little information you have given you may be able to claim exemption before you leave the UK.

Its rather complex so this is just a general overview.If you want more specific information please PM me.

TenerifeTeddy
29-07-2013, 16:33
Help please. I am moving permently to Tenerife on September. Can anyone advise me on the tax system there. What I mean is I start having my retirement pension in August and I also have other private pension and I received a letter from the tax off in the UK and they are going to deduct another £100 plus a month plus what I already pay in tax! Can someone give me the name and address and email address if possible so that I can talk to them and try and see what is best for me to do. I recall seeing a name and I think it was Diane Mc something and she had been recommended by a few pwople. Thanks everyone. Fed up of the money grabbing tax mans in the UK. Can't wait to get to Tenerife.:devil:eek2:

You are referring to Diana McGlone or Goldenmaniac on here. Here (http://www.diana-mcglone.com/) is her website, which has her contact details on it.

lovingtenerife
10-07-2014, 13:29
Hi, I need a tax advisor that speaks good English. Can anyone recommend one in the North that is not too expensive? Maybe in the area of Puerto de la Cruz or Orotava. It's for a friend who lives in El Sauzal.
Thank you in advance,

Norm de Plume
10-07-2014, 16:58
Everybody uses Gestor Quintero, Carretera General Norte 42 - on the left on the road to Tacoronte.

lovingtenerife
10-07-2014, 19:31
Thank you Norm. He has already been there but left that office because no one would speak good English anymore.
Wow, is that the only one you can find. What about Collette Fisher, does she make any tax adivce? I think she is more related to propertys...

canarybird
10-07-2014, 20:44
Collette Fisher also does wills and other legal documents as well as handling properties but you could check with her to get a recommendation for an English speaking tax advisor.

Gestoria Quintero (http://www.quinteroasesores.es/en/taxes.html)also has an office now in Puerto de la Cruz, near the harbour, at Calle Las Lonjas 1, local 3 tel : 922 376 348. The little street between the Ayuntamiento and the old customs house on the harbour.
I have used Quintero from both their offices but speak with them in Spanish.

Try calling the Puerto office to ask if they speak English. If not, ask Collette who she knows. Her phone: 922 37 46 21.

lovingtenerife
10-07-2014, 22:49
Thank you for the advice and telephone number of Collette. I will call her.
I've been told there is a before and an after in Quintero's office since all their staff quit in only a few months. Aparently the ones that work there now are all newbies with little knowledge and lots of clients are changing to other consultants (as my friend).

Rickiebear
12-07-2016, 19:02
Hi, does anyone have the e-mail address for Collette Fisher, please?