PDA

View Full Version : Which is the best way to go to La Palma? By plane or ferry?

tedwilliams
29-07-2013, 19:42
I am visiting Tenerife for vacation and will need to go over to Santa Cruz de la Palma for a day.

What is the best way to go, plane or ferry? Looks as if there are many more flights from TFN
yet the ferry is in the the south.

If I stay in the south, how much is a taxi and how long to TFN from Costa Adeje or Playa Americas
(hope I spelled each correctly).

I would consider staying over in Santa Cruz de La Palma for sight seeing. I just need a reliable way
over.

doncarlos
29-07-2013, 19:58
Well, both ways are reliable but the ferry is more economical. The problem is the return trip because, with the exception of Sunday, the Fred Olsen ferry leaves at 05:30 or something like that. I cannot remember the Armas timetable but you can get that info from their web site.

You can get a taxi to TFN and it shouldn’t take much longer than an hour although it will probably cost about €90. You can also go by bus or hire a car and leave it at TFN.

I guess that you're not a resident (e.g. visiting from another island)?

KirstyJay
29-07-2013, 22:25
I would get the Fred Olson ferry. It's more expensive than the Armas, but if you are only going for the day, you'd want to get there quickly. If I were you, I'd stay for a night or two as La Palma is a lovely island to visit. :)

www.fedolsen.es
www.navieraarmas.com

tedwilliams
30-07-2013, 05:51
Thanks. I want to stay in the south but may need to fly in to the north. A flight from there to SPC and back may be too many planes for some of the people in our group.