PDA

View Full Version : Sorry I've not been on here much lately

SuzyQ
30-07-2013, 16:13
....my life has been hectic lately. I was offered a job content writing for a website called DietCentra. Its great but a massive chunk of what time I had has now gone. Still singing 4 nights a week (but hoping to reduce that slightly) then of course theres my Live Arico stuff. We now have a horse called Katie, she is gorgeous. She was going to be destroyed after being badly neglected by a "friend" of the original owner. Now we dont have the expense of 400 dogs we have the money to help in cases like this, which is extremely satisfying. KAtie was starved and had been ridden on the road to Teide and back. The stress and neglect led to a very painful condition of the hooves called laminitus. She also had muscle wastage from months in a stable with no exercise.
She is being liveried at a reduced rate at Horse Riding Adventures in Aldea Blanca, and after just 2 months of TLC she is looking, and walking better, but it will be a long haul, as long as 2 years. She will never win any races but to see her running free would be just amazing. If you would like to meet her you can go any day from Tuesday to Sunday, from 10 - 2 and 4 - 8, ask for Katie and Jim and sara will look after you.
I will try to post more about her here. She has some regular sponsors so a proportion of her care is covered, and Sally from tenerife angels pays for her farrier. She has her own page on our website, www.livearico.com
The forum seems quieter these days, but I see there is a Facebook group called Tenerife Forum. Is that ore active would you say, or just another way to get people talking? Anyway, as I say, I will try to be here more often xx

Bobby
30-07-2013, 16:51
....my life has been hectic lately. I was offered a job content writing for a website called DietCentra. Its great but a massive chunk of what time I had has now gone. Still singing 4 nights a week (but hoping to reduce that slightly) then of course theres my Live Arico stuff. We now have a horse called Katie, she is gorgeous. She was going to be destroyed after being badly neglected by a "friend" of the original owner. Now we dont have the expense of 400 dogs we have the money to help in cases like this, which is extremely satisfying. KAtie was starved and had been ridden on the road to Teide and back. The stress and neglect led to a very painful condition of the hooves called laminitus. She also had muscle wastage from months in a stable with no exercise.
She is being liveried at a reduced rate at Horse Riding Adventures in Aldea Blanca, and after just 2 months of TLC she is looking, and walking better, but it will be a long haul, as long as 2 years. She will never win any races but to see her running free would be just amazing. If you would like to meet her you can go any day from Tuesday to Sunday, from 10 - 2 and 4 - 8, ask for Katie and Jim and sara will look after you.
I will try to post more about her here. She has some regular sponsors so a proportion of her care is covered, and Sally from tenerife angels pays for her farrier. She has her own page on our website, www.livearico.com
The forum seems quieter these days, but I see there is a Facebook group called Tenerife Forum. Is that ore active would you say, or just another way to get people talking? Anyway, as I say, I will try to be here more often xx

Good to see you back.

Medman
30-07-2013, 17:17
Certainly making up for it now Sing-a-long Suzy .. :D Good to have you back. Maybe see you on the lunatic fringe, or as we like to call Fun & Games. (the busiest thread)..... :spin:

Malteser Monkey
30-07-2013, 18:03
Yeap nice to see you back - that's a lot of good work you's doing there:c2::)

AL JAY
30-07-2013, 18:40
Welcome back Suzy, Keep up the good work!

melm
30-07-2013, 19:14
Welcome back Suzy, Keep up the good work!

Awe Katie looks lovely.........hope she continues with her good recovery

slodgedad
30-07-2013, 20:19
Welcome back, Sue. It's great to have your input back..:tiphat:

warbey
30-07-2013, 20:44
Nice to see a Post from You. I missed You too. I hope Life is more Peaceful now.

Don't stop performing altogether. We hope to see You again next Year.

Horses for Courses....?

Take care

SuzyQ
30-07-2013, 22:57
Life is more peaceful, thank God. I will carry on singing of course, but the new job is a new challenge, I like that.

Come and see Katie when youre over :D

Nice to see a Post from You. I missed You too. I hope Life is more Peaceful now.

Don't stop performing altogether. We hope to see You again next Year.

Horses for Courses....?

Take care