PDA

View Full Version : Other Anyone seen a municipal, high power', street wash truck anywhere in Tenerife?

rosemary
31-07-2013, 09:20
Most of the pavements I see in the south and in the capital are utterly filthy.

Especially around these new basura bins. Dried up everything (I shan't go into detail!) stays engrained in the surfaces everywhere. The same stains stay there for years.

Has anyone EVER seen a proper municipal high power wash truck anywhere on the island?? If so it would cheer me a little.

Sorry to moan but although I have a great fondness for our little man with his wheelie bin and his brush doing the pavements every day, it really is pathetic and totally inadequate. Health and safety?! Where??

jeste747
31-07-2013, 15:53
We have one come to Parque De La Reina every once in a while, normally just before something is happening, like the opening of the new park or a visit from people in suits (well shirts and ties)

rosemary
31-07-2013, 15:57
Thanks Jeste747.

It is good to hear that such things DO exist somewhere on the island. But they should be in visible use every day somewhere..not just for men in suits!

Anyone else seen any?

BoPeep
31-07-2013, 17:01
Amarilla Golf gets a proper lorry that brushes and sprays the edges of the road every 2 months or so, they even sprayed down all the pavements once!

rosemary
31-07-2013, 17:12
Well I'm not far away in Golf del Sur and I have never seen one. If they really want to seduce more upmarket people to come here then clean pavements are essential IMO. Stale vomit that has been there for 2 years is no joke! Shameful and an insult to all who have to walk on it.
yours disgusted of Tunbridge Wells...I know that's what I sound like but ....what can I DO about it? A letter to the San Miguel Town Hall??rolleyes2:

BoPeep
31-07-2013, 20:06
No, I dont think you will see them in Golf del Sur because you arent taken over by the council but in Amarilla Golf they are almost there and the council are starting to do things. Not only have they started cleaning the roads but they have planted plants, improved the pavements and completed the ramps and painting of the road. They have also taken over the sewage pumps and the lights.

YOUNG GOLFER
31-07-2013, 20:24
Well I have to say I see street cleaners and trucks everyday in Adeje..... mind you would like it even more if people picked up the mess their pet leaves behind.

warbey
31-07-2013, 20:47
Amarilla Golf gets a proper lorry that brushes and sprays the edges of the road every 2 months or so, they even sprayed down all the pavements once!

Sounds like a Rates increase is on the way...? :D:devil:

imablue
31-07-2013, 21:46
There was yesterday a young lady using the municipal high power wash truck on the pavements just opposite what was "James Brassiere".... so life does go on ......:wow:

kez1000
31-07-2013, 22:30
Have you tried standing outside the mayor's office? Bet you will see one passing there.

kathml
31-07-2013, 22:53
In El Medano the plaza is regularly washed down by tanker using high pressure hoses beach is cleaned every morning litter bins emptied every day there are several street sweepers on the go every day Mind you this starts before seven in morning and after a late night concert in plaza will start before six

I'm not saying its perfect but it's a lot better than it used to be a lot less dog dirt most people are at last getting the idea that they have to pick it up

slodgedad
01-08-2013, 02:00
In Chafiras we also have the 'man with the brush and cart' dailly and is brill.

We also have the scrub and hose wagon monthly.

Don't get a lot of tourists round here so it's kept fairly clean.

Am amazed that the areas mentioned, with a lot higher footfall, are being ignored

kathml
01-08-2013, 06:44
I don't think a lot of the areas mentioned are never cleaned just that much of the cleaning takes place when there are few people about Ie early morning

rosemary
01-08-2013, 14:37
I don't think a lot of the areas mentioned are never cleaned just that much of the cleaning takes place when there are few people about Ie early morning

Well how come the same stains are there after 2 years? Heavy rainfall (yeah we do have some once a year) doesn't clean them. They clean the gutters with the brush man. But if anyone has ever seen the pavements high pressure washed down this neck o the woods , please tell me.

kathml
01-08-2013, 14:44
Use high pressure washers on many of the pavements and you'll have loose tiles all over the place

YOUNG GOLFER
01-08-2013, 14:47
A little sad having to look around for stains............ Rosemary have you not tried getting a petition together and giving it to your local council.

rosemary
01-08-2013, 14:48
We have loads of loose tiles already LOL.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

A little sad having to look around for stains............ Rosemary have you not tried getting a petition together and giving it to your local council.

That's a good idea golfer. Thankyou. Something does have to be done.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

My OH says that some of these cleaning trucks put a little sand in their cleanser stuff. Sounds sensible.

irishmusico
04-08-2013, 11:27
When I was working at Starco the streets got cleaned about twice a year but it hasn't rained for ages now ;)