PDA

View Full Version : Shopping Where is the cheapest supermarket in Tenerife located?

UK resident
01-08-2013, 11:43
Hi all,
where is the cheapest/best supermarket on the island located?

garlicbread
01-08-2013, 11:51
Rather a vague question if you don't mind me saying so.

Assume by your forum name you live in the UK so perhaps you could tell us the cheapest supermarket there, or in London, Birmingham,or Manchester for example.

I've lived in Tenerife for 10 years and still haven't checked every supermarket to see which is the cheapest:confused:

atkinson316
01-08-2013, 12:10
Simple enough question.
I've always found Lidl to be way cheaper than any other supermarket, but that's only in the past few years.
As for the UK, its ASDA.

Malteser Monkey
01-08-2013, 12:41
Rather a vague question if you don't mind me saying so.

Assume by your forum name you live in the UK so perhaps you could tell us the cheapest supermarket there, or in London, Birmingham,or Manchester for example.

I've lived in Tenerife for 10 years and still haven't checked every supermarket to see which is the cheapest:confused:

For me it was Symmel

waveydavey
01-08-2013, 12:49
I go to the one on the corner.

Malteser Monkey
01-08-2013, 12:58
I go to the one on the corner.

Now I find it expensive

TOTO 99
01-08-2013, 14:22
Don't use the one at the other end.....

Brian
01-08-2013, 16:09
Hi all,
where is the cheapest/best supermarket on the island located?

Is this two questions or do you class the cheapest as the best? For me Alcampo is probably the best, but our weekly shop more often than not comes from Mercadona and Lidl.

slodgedad
01-08-2013, 16:36
Cheapest.....Lidl

Best...........Carrefour

Dutts
01-08-2013, 22:39
Lidl, with a top up from Mercadona.

timmylish
02-08-2013, 00:01
Lidl, with a top up from Mercadona.

Other way around for us.

As a point of interest, once I eventually purchase a smartphone or tablet, which has the required programme, I shall spend a day at each of, say 6 shops, copying prices on my machine and give you a specific and accurate result! Can you please wait. (no question mark you,ll notice).

Malteser Monkey
02-08-2013, 11:08
Other way around for us.

As a point of interest, once I eventually purchase a smartphone or tablet, which has the required programme, I shall spend a day at each of, say 6 shops, copying prices on my machine and give you a specific and accurate result! Can you please wait. (no question mark you,ll notice).

oh go on then - will be interesting to see the results actually

Don't forget the milk ...........:D

andy pandy
02-08-2013, 14:34
Where is Lidl in Tenerife? We know Mercadona and Hyperdino.

Mia
02-08-2013, 14:42
Where is Lidl in Tenerife? We know Mercadona and Hyperdino.

In the south of the island, Lidl have a store in Las Chafiras and one in Adeje.

I cannot help with the north of the island though.

Malteser Monkey
02-08-2013, 14:46
In the south of the island, Lidl have a store in Las Chafiras and one in Adeje.

I cannot help with the north of the island though.

Is there an Aldi there yet ?

BoPeep
02-08-2013, 15:05
No Aldi in Chafiras but Lidl is the mountain side of the road at the far end towards the Americas direction, a little way down from Sucan, the road that runs parallel to the TF1.

warbey
02-08-2013, 20:09
The cheapest Supermarket could be one of many.

Whats the point of Lidl's if You live, say, in the North and it costs 20 euros to get there and back..
I suggest You state WHERE You will be living/Holidaying, then get a correct Answer..

marbro8
02-08-2013, 20:46
it doesn't really mater if you are on holiday it's all about eating out:party4::party4:

Leam_Lin
02-08-2013, 22:02
it doesn't really mater if you are on holiday it's all about eating out:party4::party4:

After a couple of weeks we do like to start eating in, 1 day out of a week, Lol, egg mayonaise (hard boiled eggs, salt & black pepper & ALIOLI in a crusty bagette, luvverly. makes a change.!

marbro8
02-08-2013, 22:19
After a couple of weeks we do like to start eating in, 1 day out of a week, Lol, egg mayonaise (hard boiled eggs, salt & black pepper & ALIOLI in a crusty bagette, luvverly. makes a change.!tbh we only ever come over for 2 weeks, we are not part of the come when we want brigade (yet:() :(but we bring cheese corned beef cereals and salmon with us when we do come(well you may as well take advantage of the 10 kg uncle paddy gives you) but when we do come for longer we will be shopping at the cheapest shops;)

TOPGUN77
03-08-2013, 00:52
We have been living over here for 2 months now and found Lidl dearer than Mercadona on a lot of things.

Tom & Sharon
03-08-2013, 01:00
God. Who cares which is the cheapest? They're all crap!

TOPGUN77
03-08-2013, 01:22
God. Who cares which is the cheapest? They're all crap!
lol but Lidl do fantastic Icecream

Tom & Sharon
03-08-2013, 01:27
lol but Lidl do fantastic Icecream

That's where I'm going wrong then. We don't eat Ice cream!

And as for the bananas, well.............

timmylish
03-08-2013, 16:18

Again I have to report that I,ve got another bunch of lovely, sweet firm bananas from Lidl. Kept in the fridge, taking one out each day and they don,t ripen so quickly. I,m a real fusspot when it comes to food so you,ll appreciate that they must be good!

Brian
03-08-2013, 16:50
The cheapest Supermarket could be one of many.

Whats the point of Lidl's if You live, say, in the North and it costs 20 euros to get there and back..
I suggest You state WHERE You will be living/Holidaying, then get a correct Answer..

What makes you think there are no Lidl's in the North. We have 4, at Tacoronte, Santa Ursula, Puerto de la Cruz and Los Realejos.

TOPGUN77
03-08-2013, 18:50

I bought some bananas from them over a week ago and there still green

warbey
03-08-2013, 20:27
What makes you think there are no Lidl's in the North. We have 4, at Tacoronte, Santa Ursula, Puerto de la Cruz and Los Realejos.

I wasn't running the (Beautiful) North down.

The question is WHERE IS The Cheapest.

I was trying to Illustrate the fact You need to cost the Journey too.

Looks as if there may be MORE in the North Though..?

rotchie
04-08-2013, 19:15
There are 7 lidle stores on the island

Malteser Monkey
05-08-2013, 09:30
tbh we only ever come over for 2 weeks, we are not part of the come when we want brigade (yet:() :(but we bring cheese corned beef cereals and salmon with us when we do come(well you may as well take advantage of the 10 kg uncle paddy gives you) but when we do come for longer we will be shopping at the cheapest shops;)

I have never tried Cheesey corned beef cereals before - :whistle::D

marbro8
05-08-2013, 17:41
I have never tried Cheesey corned beef cereals before - :whistle::D:laugh: neither have i thank god:laugh:, i really should use my apostrophe's more:ashamed:

warbey
05-08-2013, 19:54
. I have cracked it.

Planning to move to Tenerife watching the Pennies.

Locate the Cheapest Supermarket on the Island and move next to it.

Save on Petrol and Bags, cos it's just across the Road.
marbro8. Surprised at You Mate. Can't do without those things for a Fortnight.
No good You moving.

Malteser Monkey
06-08-2013, 08:45
:laugh: neither have i thank god:laugh:, i really should use my apostrophe's more:ashamed:

commas even:D

actually you can get corned beef there in every supermarket - that's just extra weight in your bags depending on how many you take of course

marbro8
06-08-2013, 17:08
. I have cracked it.

Planning to move to Tenerife watching the Pennies.

Locate the Cheapest Supermarket on the Island and move next to it.

Save on Petrol and Bags, cos it's just across the Road.
marbro8. Surprised at You Mate. Can't do without those things for a Fortnight.
No good You moving.lol true:laugh:, but i have never tried to do without them before, but tenerife has so much more to give than a few tins of salmon and corned beef so i don't think it would stop me living there:wink2:

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

commas even:D

actually you can get corned beef there in every supermarket - that's just extra weight in your bags depending on how many you take of courseonly 2, the extra lean one's:D

warbey
06-08-2013, 20:40
marbro8.

Years ago, when We went by Train to Mainland Spain, We always took a Tin of Corned Beef too.

The Lads at Work would tease Me over it, and the Standing Joke was I had one equipped with an axle and an Outboard Motor
so it could be a very large Tin.

As These were amongst the Best Holidays We had, I was quite happy, and the Corned Beef with an Oxo or two made lovely Hash.
So it was win win for Us..

Those Days though They did Spit Roasted Chicken to Die for.........................

Hotel mostly now Mate, so They worry about the Food. We aren't fussy Eaters so We are Happy too....

Malteser Monkey
08-08-2013, 10:32
Other way around for us.

You must be in shop 6 today Timmylish

Sandyscot
08-08-2013, 16:51
The one on the top of Mount Teide is excellent but hard to get to.:cheeky::

warbey
08-08-2013, 20:11
Another Branch at the Chumps Enclosure @ Loro Parque.

Sandyscot
08-08-2013, 20:16
Wonderful! Thank you so much. I'm going for Xmas so hope you will have collated all the info. by then.:duh:

sunseeker
11-08-2013, 15:37

I've got a list app on my phone that I have put all the prices in, but they change in each shop on a weekly basis, so unless you have a lot of time on your hands it's not worth it. Just use them as a guide to the cost of your weekly shop so you know you've taken enough cash.