PDA

View Full Version : Other Does anyone have any recommendations for a hotel in Puerto de la Cruz?

Irina
01-08-2013, 17:42
I'm looking for a modern and reasonably priced hotel in Puerto de la Cruz for a few days stay... Any recommendations? Many thanks in advance!

canarybird
01-08-2013, 18:25
Irina do you want to be in the downtown area close to shops and restaurants or would you prefer to be up in the La Paz area above the town with pools and more gardens with a 15 minute walk down to the town?

Irina
01-08-2013, 18:39
Would prefer to be downtown area... but if there is a really nice hotel which is a 15 minutes walk away - this would be no problem either... I have been looking at Booking.com and the majority of hotels look so dated... and the reviews are not really great, so thought would ask for an opinion here on the Forum. Maybe someone has had some good experiences recently?

melm
01-08-2013, 18:52
stayed in the San Felipe a couple of years back.............no complaints lovely large bedrooms and a nice garden pool area.

No complaints about the food either. Little or no entertainment but that didnt bother us

Tenerife Playa gets a good name have , never stayed there but I know lots of people who have and return year after year.

Megaloo
01-08-2013, 20:25
Beatriz Atlantis is another and was revamped only a couple of years back, Used to be called the Atlantis.

Foz
01-08-2013, 20:45
We like the Monopol. It's really central ... you can walk to EVERYWHERE! It's a family run place with a really pretty foyer where they lay flowers along the edges of all the steps every day .... they really look after the place. The rooms are pretty basic though so maybe not what you are looking for but it's really well priced and has lovely views from the `pool area. Take a look on tripadvisor and booking.com.

imablue
01-08-2013, 21:03
We stopped in the "Semimaris" a few years ago(think it was 4) and really enjoyed it there ..a little out of town but that didn,t put us off ...walk down and taxi back ...all amenities available at the hotel... would definitely go again...

Susief
01-08-2013, 22:02
Beatriz Atlantis is another and was revamped only a couple of years back, Used to be called the Atlantis.

We stayed in this one last Dec and was very pleased with it, on the seafront. Food was good too, did half board for about £60 a night for the 2 of us.
Booked it on: www.alpharooms.com

We used their underground parking which was 12 euro a day. Didn't move it for the 2 days

tonythorne
03-08-2013, 11:54
Eva and I always stay at the HOTEL CHIMISAY right in the centre... it has a small heated pool up on its roof and we've found the staff always very friendly!

Rodders
08-08-2013, 17:49
I'm looking for a modern and reasonably priced hotel in Puerto de la Cruz for a few days stay... Any recommendations? Many thanks in advance!

My family and I have stayed at the Casa Blanca a few times (link below). Staff very pleasant and the complex is kept very clean. Has entertainment on some evenings of the week. Car parking €4 a day.

Best wishes

Rod

http://www.apartamentosclubcasablanca.com/web/index.php/es/

casabonny
08-08-2013, 20:53
H10 is supposed to be very good, all inclusive .I have clients who have been there several times and also friends who go regularly to Puerto and either stay there or at El Tope.We went in June And stayed in Aguilas Suites which I would defiantly NOT recommend.We went to see El Tope as our friends were there that weekend and it was very good and when we had drinks they were very reasonable.Also it has a free car park.

tenerifebird
09-08-2013, 01:19
We like the Casablanca too, not too keen on all inclusives

Rickiebear
14-08-2013, 20:22
Hi, if you want a small character hotel in the centre of the old town, I would look at the Monopol. A modern interior in an historic building. My parents liked the Oratava Palace, a more modern hotel, close to the sea front, but only a 15 minute walk to the old town. It does not have a swimming pool, but you do get free entry to the award winning large lido complex on the sea front.

monet208
14-08-2013, 20:27
Las Aguilas an excellent 4*
Check out my review on trip advisor
you can book direct-send me a personal email and I will giv eyou details

TenerifeFanatic
14-08-2013, 20:32
I have a soft spot for The El Tope......excellent staff......it is maybe getting a "bit tired" .......but very welcoming and clean!

monet208
14-08-2013, 20:44
Suprised to hear casabonny not recommending Las Aquilas Suites -would be interested in hearing why
We actually own an officially awarded 5 Star with Gold and Breakfast Awards Hotel in the Uk, judged by the UK's official tourism and Inspection service so we are somewhat able to objectively judge the quality of an hotel and would not have put such a positive review on Tripadvisor if it were not accurate.
Having said that we know you cannot please everyone all of the time with some do find fault with all and everything !
That we are returning in 3 weeks .......need we say more ?

casabonny
14-08-2013, 21:11
Suprised to hear casabonny not recommending Las Aquilas Suites -would be interested in hearing why
We actually own an officially awarded 5 Star with Gold and Breakfast Awards Hotel in the Uk, judged by the UK's official tourism and Inspection service so we are somewhat able to objectively judge the quality of an hotel and would not have put such a positive review on Tripadvisor if it were not accurate.
Having said that we know you cannot please everyone all of the time with some do find fault with all and everything !
That we are returning in 3 weeks .......need we say more ?
I have stayed in many hotels and timeshare here in Tenerife ( prior to living here) and have never come across anything as bad as the Aguilas Suites.if that is what is now classed as 4 star by timeshare then I do pity people staying there.The room was large as was the bedroom but that really was the only good thing I could say about it.The food was absolutely terrible, I would not feed it to my dogs.IMHo hot food should be hot not tepid or Luke warm and staff should be friendly and helpful, we found neither on our visit except for a member of staff on reception who was quite helpful , but that was the only one.
I agree that you cannot please all of the people all of the time but this place should defiantly not be getting good reviews as it is not up to a 4 star standard.

bern
15-08-2013, 10:47
weve been staying in the Alta apartments, very spacious and clean. Few minutes walk fron the beach, bars restaurants etc. Mercadona supermarket right accross the road, very convenient to everything. Very helpful staff, rooms 401, 501 and 601 are the best , get the sun from every angle all day.
Regards

Bern

monet208
16-08-2013, 05:31
Do ignore the vindictive comments about Las Aguilas as anyone who believes it has a link to "timeshare" has most likely never been there !
The H10 has almost as good reviews being 9/78 hotels in the town,but beware not every room has a balcony which they do at Las Aguilas with sea or mountain views
Having as I previously commented, real experience of the hotel industry ,owning a 5 star hotel and are returning to Las Aguias I would suggest a look at the hotel on Tripadvisor where you will see other accurate opinions
Another good site for hotel reviews is Holidays uncovered ,just be conscious of the fact that many hotels will get the odd bad review from someone who would find fault if they were given a free week at the best hotel in the world !

tenerifebird
16-08-2013, 11:28
What you have to remember is that people are much more likely to post on these sites if they've had a bad experience. More often than not people that have enjoyed a place just don't bother, I love the casablanca apmts but dont harp on about it on trip advisor or various other sites, but I return there time and time again

Tenerife Sun
16-08-2013, 12:27
To be honest you couldn't walk into town from Las Aquilas and walking back up would be even worse.

lynnangela
16-08-2013, 12:42
A couple of other posters have mentioned the Monopol.

We stayed at the Monopol last year for a couple of nights as I wanted to see PDLC and go to the Lago Martinez. Its a really beautiful hotel in the most fantastic position right in the town opposite a beautiful church. The rooms are basic, but very serviceable, the lobby areas are just gorgeous with fresh flowers put out everywhere everyday, and its cheap! I have just booked a 1 night stay for September on an English website for £38 for the 2 of us with breakfast!

While you are there, go find Casa Pache restaurant, you can find it on tripadvisor for the address. Its down a side alley, someone's house I think with a few tables outside. The food is rustic and good, as well as being cheap. I think I was charged a euro for a glass of wine, and most plates are about €5. Don't order too much food either if you having a starter as you can easily share a plate between you and still have plenty.

The only problem I had was finding somewhere to park, although there is an underground carpark just along from the Monopol

Bhamannette
16-08-2013, 13:32
Monopol for me too, hoping to get to stay there in a couple of weeks if I can make it to PDLC, def recommend for staff (particularly in the bar) and location.

casabonny
16-08-2013, 16:27
Do ignore the vindictive comments about Las Aguilas as anyone who believes it has a link to "timeshare" has most likely never been there !
The H10 has almost as good reviews being 9/78 hotels in the town,but beware not every room has a balcony which they do at Las Aguilas with sea or mountain views
Having as I previously commented, real experience of the hotel industry ,owning a 5 star hotel and are returning to Las Aguias I would suggest a look at the hotel on Tripadvisor where you will see other accurate opinions
Another good site for hotel reviews is Holidays uncovered ,just be conscious of the fact that many hotels will get the odd bad review from someone who would find fault if they were given a free week at the best hotel in the world !
I find your comments quite offensive, I have stayed at the Agulas Suites and I have stated my comments and observations quite frankly about our stay.
I do not doubt that you have a 5 start hotel in the UK but the standard of hotels in the UK are far superior to many here even at the highest level.
I have not posted on here for the sake of it or to turn people off , I HAVE STATED THE FACTS BASED ON OUR EXPERIENCE , tough if you don't like it,each to his own.

tenerifebird
25-08-2013, 17:02
Whats club tarahal like in puerto, has anybody stayed there?

melm
25-08-2013, 17:48

havent stayed there myself but I have friends who stay there every year and are very happy with it.

Think they have timeshare there although I know you can also rent accomodation. Too far out of town for me now.rolleyes2:

Megaloo
26-08-2013, 22:51

Although in La paz it is a little walk from all the main restaurants etc. I know it is timeshare but as already been said you can rent privately there. I do not know personally what it is like but some friends
stayed there and said it was OK

Finca Farmer
28-08-2013, 14:12
Monopol for me too, we've stayed twice now for a week at a time. The first week (last year) was B&B and this year in May was HB. I would agree with everything said about it. We'll be staying there again briefly in October.

Saltnpepper
29-08-2013, 00:28
Agree with others, we loved the Monopol too, though unfortunately we only got chance to stay 1 night a couple of years ago. We turned up on the doorstep as we hadn't booked anywhere, the Manager kindly showed us a couple of rooms & we chose one on the first floor overlooking the church square, which was very nice, clean & comfortable. We got a view of Teide the next morning too which was fab. I think we paid about 66 euros for B&B. I just love the character of the place & the lady in traditional costume laying out the fresh flowers on the steps. The night we stayed there was a flamenco show in the lobby too, really nice. Hotel's in a great location for both old & new parts of town. Would definitely go again.

Red
24-09-2013, 23:27
We have stayed in hotel Concorde which is very 70's and not what would recommend unless it was a very very cheap deal. Alta Apts, very basic and again, only if it was very very cheap. Our favourite is Las Vegas, lovely and clean, good brekkers and right overlooking the lido. Would love to try monopol but they don't have a family room for 5.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

We have stayed in hotel Concorde which is very 70's and not what would recommend unless it was a very very cheap deal. Alta Apts, very basic and again, only if it was very very cheap. Our favourite is Las Vegas, lovely and clean, good brekkers and right overlooking the lido. Would love to try monopol but they don't have a family room for 5.

yashik
01-10-2013, 05:16
Thank you for sharing this post to us Gppr staffs. I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post nice post,
thanks for sharing.