PDA

View Full Version : Authentic Ali-Oli at Morrisons

Red Devil
02-08-2013, 17:23
For anyone who loves ali-oli, Morrisons supermarkets in England now sell the Chovi ali-oli (the one in the yellow tub at Mercadona) at £1 per tub. Bargain.

warbey
02-08-2013, 20:12
Pretty sure They sell Conny Onny too.....:D:D;).

marbro8
02-08-2013, 20:50
what is it?

Leam_Lin
02-08-2013, 21:05
what is it?

similar to garlic mayonaisse.

marbro8
02-08-2013, 21:45
similar to garlic mayonaisse.thank you oh knowledgeable one;) i won't be buying it cus i'm on a diet at the mo:(, i av put 9 lbs on since may on the rief and there is no way i am buying any new clothes for october, the last lot cost me hundreds:laugh:

Leam_Lin
02-08-2013, 21:57
thank you oh knowledgeable one;) i won't be buying it cus i'm on a diet at the mo:(, i av put 9 lbs on since may on the rief and there is no way i am buying any new clothes for october, the last lot cost me hundreds:laugh:

Try Primark:devil:

marbro8
02-08-2013, 22:12
Try Primark:devil:lmao:laugh: no way, if it aint got a croc, bloke on a horse playing polo,or lions head with his tongue sticking out on it, it won't touch my chest:laugh:

Leam_Lin
02-08-2013, 22:16
lmao:laugh: no way, if it aint got a croc, bloke on a horse playing polo,or lions head with his tongue sticking out on it, it won't touch my chest:laugh:

Brownhills Market - snide :devil:

marbro8
02-08-2013, 22:22
Brownhills Market - snide :devil:the greatest market in the uk(as quoted by dave lee travis in the 80's) has now closed:(, so i have resorted to buying my clothes from the bull ring;)

Red Devil
02-08-2013, 22:41
what is it?

I dip slices of a nice crispy breadstick into it, with some olives, with a plate of the fried little green padron peppers, loads of sea salt. Glass of wine and my meal is sorted.:yum:

marbro8
02-08-2013, 22:50
I dip slices of a nice crispy breadstick into it, with some olives, with a plate of the fried little green padron peppers, loads of sea salt. Glass of wine and my meal is sorted.:yum:wow:wow: even though i have no idea what padron peppers are that sounds lovely:yum:

Red Devil
02-08-2013, 23:02
Ha, well next time you're over get yourself into the supermarket, buy them all and you're sorted :)

melm
03-08-2013, 00:27
lmao:laugh: no way, if it aint got a croc, bloke on a horse playing polo,or lions head with his tongue sticking out on it, it won't touch my chest:laugh:

oh well that rules me out then:whistle:

marbro8
03-08-2013, 09:26
oh well that rules me out then:whistle:i do sometimes make exceptions:wink2::D

Malteser Monkey
03-08-2013, 13:00
wow:wow: even though i have no idea what padron peppers are that sounds lovely:yum:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=padron+peppers&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=n_D8Ubi2C-LF7AbbiIHYDg&ved=0CG4QsAQ&biw=1024&bih=677

that's a link for you

If I remember they are lovely til you get the hot one ! Personally i don't like any peppers unless it's part of the sauce

marbro8
03-08-2013, 13:13
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=padron+peppers&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=n_D8Ubi2C-LF7AbbiIHYDg&ved=0CG4QsAQ&biw=1024&bih=677

that's a link for you

If I remember they are lovely til you get the hot one ! Personally i don't like any peppers unless it's part of the sauceyep i would deffo try some of those:yum:, after eating chilli's in my jalfreezi curry's for years and my favorite chilli and keema nan breads, then peppers wouldn't be a problem:spin:

Red Devil
03-08-2013, 13:14

that's a link for you

If I remember they are lovely til you get the hot one ! Personally i don't like any peppers unless it's part of the sauce

Flippin' heck, thats some pictures - thought I'd never stop scrolling :)

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

yep i would deffo try some of those:yum:, after eating chilli's in my jalfreezi curry's for years and my favorite chilli and keema nan breads, then peppers wouldn't be a problem:spin:

Wouldn't speak too soon ..... nothing works to cools your mouth down if you get a hot one:devil:

marbro8
03-08-2013, 13:20
Flippin' heck, thats some pictures - thought I'd never stop scrolling :)

Wouldn't speak too soon ..... nothing works to cools your mouth down if you get a hot one:devil: i find yogurt always works, failing that milk;), but never water or beer:tongue:

Red Devil
03-08-2013, 13:34
i find yogurt always works, failing that milk;), but never water or beer:tongue:

Never tried it but have heard about it. Feel a bit daft asking for a glass of milk in a tapas bar though along with the wine.:D

warbey
03-08-2013, 20:39

Save expenses on Clothes marbro8.

Fly with Ryanair. You wont be able to afford to take any.....eek2: :D:D.

I dip slices of a nice crispy breadstick into it, with some olives, with a plate of the fried little green padron peppers, loads of sea salt. Glass of wine and my meal is sorted.:yum:

Sounds good to Me too.............only trouble is Salt is best left alone if You can.

irishmusico
04-08-2013, 11:21

Brainwashed by corporate branding :)

marbro8
04-08-2013, 16:31
no just nice quality clothing that lasts years and never goes out of fashion:D, and to stay on topic why is there only the odd extra hot pepper in a bowl full?

Red Devil
04-08-2013, 22:54
no just nice quality clothing that lasts years and never goes out of fashion:D, and to stay on topic why is there only the odd extra hot pepper in a bowl full?

To stay on topic, the Ali-Oli I bought was good, really garlicky.:D
Just out of interest hubby has been growing some padron peppers from seed, the plants are about 2ft high and have had little white flowers on, as these have dropped off there is a little green pepper in its place so perhaps we will shortly be eating them in England.:spin:
Has anyone else grown them from seed?

I_N_Cognito
05-08-2013, 15:42
Never bought the stuff, make it, couple tablespoons mayonnaise , tablespoon or two of olive oil, two to four cloves of garlic crushed, small grind of salt and pepper, stir and enjoy, best made an hour or two in advance, but ok as an instant mix, just the garlic flavour gets stronger the longer its left.
Tip, not recommended pre going on the pull...

:yum::yum::yum:

Malteser Monkey
05-08-2013, 15:53
Never bought the stuff, make it, couple tablespoons mayonnaise , tablespoon or two of olive oil, two to four cloves of garlic crushed, small grind of salt and pepper, stir and enjoy, best made an hour or two in advance, but ok as an instant mix, just the garlic flavour gets stronger the longer its left.
Tip, not recommended pre going on the pull...

:yum::yum::yum:

add a little parsley and some lemon juice for perfection ! (tho I don't add olive oil):yum:

and this is a respectable forum - we do not "go on the pull":D