PDA

View Full Version : Renault in Guaza has closed.

henry
02-08-2013, 20:52
sorry i didnīt know where to put this. but just want to said that Renault in guaza has closed down!!!

kez1000
02-08-2013, 20:57
Thanks for letting us know Henry, shame, I dealt with them and bough new my car from them in 2009 and had serviced there.

Lets hope the staff can find other jobs in the locality.

casabonny
02-08-2013, 21:00
Old news, been shut for a while , owners owes the banks millions and they called in the loan.

henry
02-08-2013, 21:11
i didnīt know that!! i went to los cristanos and saw everything closed down. and was wondor why? it way doing great busniness every time i pass

kez1000
02-08-2013, 21:14
They did my oil and air filter at end of March so must have been after that.

By comparison, I would call the battle of hastings old news......................... :)

9PLUS
02-08-2013, 22:08
if only those employees had taken a pay cut

lesbroz
02-08-2013, 22:36
if only those employees had taken a pay cut

Not surprised visited there twice last year with the intention of buying a car, all to no avail. Only person who spoke to me was a mechanic and when he spoke to the sales guy, I was left waiting another 15 minutes, so I walked.

timmylish
02-08-2013, 23:59
Not surprised visited there twice last year with the intention of buying a car, all to no avail. Only person who spoke to me was a mechanic and when he spoke to the sales guy, I was left waiting another 15 minutes, so I walked.

Notorious as the worst PR attitudes here for decades. Treated potential new (British) clients like dirt.

slodgedad
03-08-2013, 00:15
If you take a look at THIS (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?26034-Information-for-Renault-owners-or-potential-owners) thread it may give a clue

tactileman
03-08-2013, 10:57
Yes, terrible service meltdown from what it was 7 years ago when you could not move in the rear lot for the number of new cars!

New Renault dealer has opened in San Isidro in the old Toyota showroom, next door to Farray Motors. It is small but last time I was there they had 6 or 7 new cars in the showroom and are running some demonstrators. It is the sister operation from the larger showroom in the north.

Malteser Monkey
03-08-2013, 12:57
I bought from them too - blimey that takes me back

TOPGUN77
03-08-2013, 13:01
No great loss as there cars are crap,worst decision I ever made had nothing but trouble, the van was new and was in and out of the garage like a fiddlers elbow broke down twice the van was falling apart in less than 2 years sold it and the only car I will ever buy will be Jap.I only bought this as I could not find a small jap van ended up buying a Toyota Hi Ace 9 years of trouble free motoring passed every MOT.In 60,000 miles of motoring went through 2 sets of tyres,replaced the front disc pads after 47,000 miles that's it apart from normal routine servicing.:)

Malteser Monkey
03-08-2013, 13:07
No great loss as there cars are crap,worst decision I ever made had nothing but trouble, the van was new and was in and out of the garage like a fiddlers elbow broke down twice the van was falling apart in less than 2 years sold it and the only car I will ever buy will be Jap.I only bought this as I could not find a small jap van ended up buying a Toyota Hi Ace 9 years of trouble free motoring passed every MOT.In 60,000 miles of motoring went through 2 sets of tyres,replaced the front disc pads after 47,000 miles that's it apart from normal routine servicing.:)

My first one there was fine - but had a laguna here - nothing but trouble it was getting to the point I was forking out for summit every month, all to do with the electrics and the computer. I don't need a flipping computer on my car to tell me when my tyres need air

TOPGUN77
03-08-2013, 13:12
My first one there was fine - but had a laguna here - nothing but trouble it was getting to the point I was forking out for summit every month, all to do with the electrics and the computer. I don't need a flipping computer on my car to tell me when my tyres need air

I have a Diesal Toyota Auris now fantastic car so smooth and quiet I would recommend any Jap car as I have owned quite a few over the last 30 years and have had no trouble with any of them.

9PLUS
03-08-2013, 13:14

Renault by Kermit and pals

x

Basilia
03-08-2013, 14:03
Same here, I walk too, and bought a car somewhere else.

tenerental
10-02-2014, 17:20
I know this is a dead thread ... and "old news" ... but as I was searching for other Renault dealers on the island and came across this link, I was inclined to read it in case it was offering options.
Igara Guaza (and Aņaza) clearly went out of business because they could not sell enough cars through the tough times. But having bought a diesel Clio there 8 years ago I would not criticise the staff (demoralised due to delays in being paid) nor my car. The service at the counter was very poor, but in the workshop it was superb, every time I took my car in. The fuel economy for a Clio is given as 5L/100k when new, having done 200,000km I get 4.2L. This is 65+mpg and 1200km on a tank of fuel. Needless to say, I think Topgun77's comment that the "cars are crap" is incorrect and, as he apparently bought a van, he is not really qualified to judge.
The Renault garage at San Isidro, both sales and service, have no understanding whatsoever of the concept of customer service. Back up north I go.

bonitatime
10-02-2014, 21:17
They have stopped carrying nearly all spare parts and the woman is useless
There is a lad down Mondays and Wednesdays who is at least helpful but servicing is all done in Santa Cruz

timmylish
11-02-2014, 13:18
They have stopped carrying nearly all spare parts and the woman is useless
There is a lad down Mondays and Wednesdays who is at least helpful but servicing is all done in Santa Cruz
Are you serious? You have to drive up North to have a normal service carried out, bloody hell. No chance!

sunseeker
11-02-2014, 14:41
Renault has always been ****. I avoid then like the plague.

bonitatime
12-02-2014, 07:37
Are you serious? You have to drive up North to have a normal service carried out, bloody hell. No chance!

I work up there so no problem for me but most car show rooms in the south now have no workshop

timmylish
13-02-2014, 13:43
Not to get too involved in a rather spurious arguement but we have 2 car, one a QQ (Nissan) and the other Fiesta (Ford) and both have excellent service departments down here. Rahn, on of the biggest Groups in this industry have w/shops in Las Chafiras as well as the other 2 mentioned so that must account for more than 50% of the cars on the road?
Anyway, sign of the times clearly but as I said, to hell with having to go up noth just for an oil change etc!

essexeddie
02-04-2014, 18:22
I don't have any issues with our Renault in Tenerife. Been a fantastic little car, seems to run forever on a tank of petrol. There are plenty of them on the island. We park it up for four months and on our return from the UK it starts up first time.