PDA

View Full Version : Edinburgh Fringe

Angusjim
04-08-2013, 08:01
Took our grandson to Fringe yesterday took him to a couple of shows a magician show & a story telling type play thing !! and wandered about street acts on the Royal Mile & the Mount Precinct, the weather was a bit windy but had a great day out which the wee man really enjoyed I can recommend it to all parents / grandparents looking for a great day out for the kids. We are back next weekend for 3 days adults only this time 3 shows booked Tim Vine, Jimeoin & guy I find very funny Rich Hall hopefully our "summer" weather continues, any other suggestions preferably new unknown acts to see at the Fringe there are so many in the book you get you go cross eyed looking thru it:spin::jumping:

junglejim
04-08-2013, 09:09
Always a great day out at the Fringe ,total mayhem everywhere ! Something for everyone to see and do , you just need the stamina to last all day and not miss anything.
As you say AJ so much choice and so little time !
We were lucky last year to have Tickets for the Tattoo as well , an amazing experience !

https://www.edfringe.com/whats-on/programme

melm
04-08-2013, 16:15
Always a great day out at the Fringe ,total mayhem everywhere ! Something for everyone to see and do , you just need the stamina to last all day and not miss anything.
As you say AJ so much choice and so little time !
We were lucky last year to have Tickets for the Tattoo as well , an amazing experience !

https://www.edfringe.com/whats-on/programme

must agree it is a great day out seing the weird and wonderful. What a variety of nationalities there are and the street entertainers are amazing. We were lucky enough to get a nice day , eventually got a seat and watched the world go by. Stamina is the word. The tattoo is quite something,great experience.

Must go again.

seanocelt
04-08-2013, 18:32
My mate has a show " Brigadoom" one man Scots comedy, he is also a well know after dinner speaker, Eric Davidson.

Angusjim
05-08-2013, 07:27
My mate has a show " Brigadoom" one man Scots comedy, he is also a well know after dinner speaker, Eric Davidson.

Sean which venue is he at ?

seanocelt
05-08-2013, 11:46
Symposium Hall, Hill Square AJ.

Angusjim
25-08-2013, 07:57
Symposium Hall, Hill Square AJ.

Sean never got a chance to see him, but funniest man we saw was Rich Hall VERY VERY funny, Edinburgh was buzzing will defo go back next year we had really great time ( firework display was amazing:whistle::cheeky:)