PDA

View Full Version : Other It's annoying to be pestered by PRs in Los Cristianos, Tenerife

haydn185
04-08-2013, 19:16
So I have been on the island a few days enjoying Valle San Lorenzo. So a trip down to Los cris and las Americas with the wife and kids. Now I remember why I don't do it, sick of the constant pestering want something to eat cheap beer etc etc never mind the lucky special price its the hounding of the food and trips that keeps me away. It without class or decency. No wonder people are drifting away from these islands. Expect some will have something else to say:(

woolli
04-08-2013, 20:20
Haydn, I dont know if you are the same person who failed at Iceland, we dont get many Haydns! I maybe totally wrong, but there is a very simple answer to the aford mentioned. Just say NO!

warbey
04-08-2013, 20:21

I understand what You are saying.

However, it isn't all like that, and when the Family learn to show no interest in what's offered, it gets easier.

I suppoe it is a culture shock when just visiting for a few Hours, but things improve with Experience and Practise.

I try to accept P.R.'s as Normal People, finding most will say Hello after a few trips past them, with a Polite No Thanks.

Lookie Men are different but mostly O.K.

Indian Shopkeepers are mostly the Pits. I refuse the Handshake routine saying Hygene. Makes Them Mad..... hee hee................

Knowing which Route to take can help too

In spite of Your Point, I think they are worth some Hassle, but certainly not too much.....

Redips
04-08-2013, 20:42
Haydn, we have one thing in common, I also live in Lincoln, We have had several trips to Tenerife this year, we were there for 4 weeks during June July, and we are returning again this Tuesday for 3 weeks.
As woolly says you can always just say no, However I find that the PR's and the Lookie lookie men leave you alone when you have been there for a couple of weeks. I think they zoom in on very white or very pink people who have obviously only recently arrived on the island. I also found that if you avoid eye contact they tend not to bother you, also don't react to the Dell Boy, Geezer, Bling Bling comments and they will soon get bored.
As for the Chinese Ladies selling everything that flashes, I have yet to find a way of avoiding them, however on our last trip we had bought some sweets, when the Chinese lady offered me a flashing helicopter, I offered her a sweet, her response was to run away along the promenade laughing.
These issues have obviously not put me off as this will be my last holiday to Tenerife, then next ticket will be one way and is planned for February.

woolli
04-08-2013, 20:49
So I have been on the island a few days enjoying Valle San Lorenzo. So a trip down to Los cris and las Americas with the wife and kids. Now I remember why I don't do it, sick of the constant pestering want something to eat cheap beer etc etc never mind the lucky special price its the hounding of the food and trips that keeps me away. It without class or decency. No wonder people are drifting away from these islands. Expect some will have something else to say:(
With regards to people drifting away from the island, touristic figures dont back your logic! Stick to Valle, no need to get pestered at all!

Bazz
04-08-2013, 21:10

Completely agree with you hayden185. Hounding is the right description.
We don't go in to restaurants/bars that use PRs. The ones we use don't need them!

Susief
04-08-2013, 22:58
Completely agree with you hayden185. Hounding is the right description.
We don't go in to restaurants/bars that use PRs. The ones we use don't need them!

We stick to places like Las Galletas and Costa del Silencio no PR's there. Lucky lucky men are but just say no thanks and after a few days they leave you alone.
Can get a little tedious. Do like an odd trip to Los Cris or Puerto Colon though.

haydn185
04-08-2013, 23:17
Failed? Is that a bate? If your asking if I was working for Iceland the answer was yes and I had a good 3 years after working for Iceland in the UK if that's is = to failed it must be me.

Red Devil
04-08-2013, 23:19
Thing is, the local councils know they send tourists mad, they pass laws restricting them all, then never apply the law. It could all be sorted so quickly and it would make a vast difference.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Haydn, I dont know if you are the same person who failed at Iceland, we dont get many Haydns! I maybe totally wrong, but there is a very simple answer to the aford mentioned. Just say NO!
Think Woolli may be connected with timeshare so a diametrically opposite view about PR's etc

haydn185
04-08-2013, 23:37
Latest figures from government show numbers overall down for 2011 to 2012 with just over 100000 less Brits the increase coming from Russia. Will the bars I see up for sale become Russian units as that's the new money, which is also demonstrated by estate agent carrying Russian language signs outside. Blinkers comes to mind

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

I agree if laws are passed and not followed through then it's not likely to change and to be fair to all it no doubt works well for a few and it will be a brave owner to make a stand and stop

timmylish
05-08-2013, 00:10
You know I am constantly baffled on the question of numbers of tourists coming here, year in and year out. Whosoever you consult you get differing figures but generally in total I believe the numbers to slightly up. As is usual it seems that the figures for Brits are the only ones of concern to people. Should it matter the nationality of visitors or are we to stick with the self centered English attitude of "us" and only "us"?

Oh. And to refer to Russian money as being new, nothing could be further from the truth its just that there,s more of it at the moment!

woolli
05-08-2013, 08:06
Failed? Is that a bate? If your asking if I was working for Iceland the answer was yes and I had a good 3 years after working for Iceland in the UK if that's is = to failed it must be me.
Haydn, it wasnt meant to be that, and if thats what you thought i apologise, but I just get so frustrated with people like yourself constantly have a go at PRs and the rest. Did you not see them last time you were here? They havent just suddenly appeared! theyve been here as long as I can remember. As previously stated, just say no, or on the other hand stay in Valle! Very simple if you ask me.

Angusjim
05-08-2013, 08:18
Why do most PR's think you cannot read and start reading the menu to you :dontknow: if they would just leave you alone to read thru menu then maybe you would go in but there constant badgering just puts us off, we now refuse to go near Puerto Colon its a complete joke:(

trevorife2
05-08-2013, 11:42
As the cast of grange hill once sang ..... JUST SAY NO :sorry:

Angusjim
05-08-2013, 12:47
As the cast of grange hill once sang ..... JUST SAY NO :sorry:

Saying no is fine but after you have said it 20 times in about 10mins it really becomes tiresome . Many times we have gone to a restaurant at night having been given the opportunity to read the menu in peace and quiet during the daytime.

Medman
05-08-2013, 14:01
Saying no is fine but after you have said it 20 times in about 10mins it really becomes tiresome . Many times we have gone to a restaurant at night having been given the opportunity to read the menu in peace and quiet during the daytime.

Are PR's nocturnal and only come out at night ?

Fivepence
05-08-2013, 14:25
We used to visit twice a year for about 10 years and didn't mind the pr's. In fact if you tread the same route you get used to each other and have the craic.
not many are persistant pests. We used to stop with some we got to know, the are fine and only trying to earn a crust. Once they realise you're not going to bite most leave you alone. Don't abuse them or be offensive and they are generally fine.

I'll wait for the bricks to be thrown at me now. lol :hide:

chifleta
05-08-2013, 14:40
but I just get so frustrated with people like yourself constantly have a go at PRs and the rest.

I think haydns point was only saying why he remembered why he doesn't bother going to Cristianos etc.... and prs are a pain in the butt, I totally agree... especially when you're actually sat in a restaurant trying to eat and the owners of restaurants let the "mute" people in, especially as we've witnessed various that definately talk ... i just keep my sunglasses on and ignore restaurant prs,, and hubby just pretends he's Swedish, even though he's a dark skinned Canarian ;)

I agree that NO works well enough for me though.

TOTO 99
05-08-2013, 14:42
We used to visit twice a year for about 10 years and didn't mind the pr's. In fact if you tread the same route you get used to each other and have the craic.
not many are persistant pests. We used to stop with some we got to know, the are fine and only trying to earn a crust. Once they realise you're not going to bite most leave you alone. Don't abuse them or be offensive and they are generally fine.

I'll wait for the bricks to be thrown at me now. lol :hide:

Stand by while I sort out the best brick...:juggle:

trevorife2
05-08-2013, 14:46
Its annoying , bordering on infuriating but whilst people go into a bar because a pr said so and buying a watch because the bloke in the asda shirt sold you one and because the chinese lady sold you a flashing flashy thing they will always be there !!! ??

haydn185
05-08-2013, 20:05
i was just making the point, its frustrating and why should we have to repeat NO No no! it takes away the enjoyment of visiting the many places. The holiday broucher are based around the two main resorts in the south and its just a shame it happens so much. It has been in the past why I and many freidns of mine go for the big bad ALL INCLUSIVE!! as no need to take this trip along the path of No No No.... I hope all who live on this little rock can make a crust but would you want to go past every car dealer or supermarket with someone hounding you come come great deals.... I think not..:wink2:

warbey
05-08-2013, 20:22

Haydn, I think most understand Your feelings .

I wish this was ALL We had to worry about, as I am now used to it

I can't Stomach the Robbers...................but That's a different Subject.......

delderek
05-08-2013, 20:27
i was just making the point, its frustrating and why should we have to repeat NO No no! it takes away the enjoyment of visiting the many places. The holiday broucher are based around the two main resorts in the south and its just a shame it happens so much. It has been in the past why I and many freidns of mine go for the big bad ALL INCLUSIVE!! as no need to take this trip along the path of No No No.... I hope all who live on this little rock can make a crust but would you want to go past every car dealer or supermarket with someone hounding you come come great deals.... I think not..:wink2:

Unfortunately you are up against many residents on here who may go out into the resorts one or two evenings a week. Unlike many tourists who have to walk the walk every night for a couple of weeks. I used to have to be out there for at least three weeks before the el mirador gauntlet became walkable.so yes I agree its bloody annoying. No wonder AI is so popular. Wake up Tenerife., tourists have changed.

Red Devil
05-08-2013, 21:07
Unfortunately you are up against many residents on here who may go out into the resorts one or two evenings a week. Unlike many tourists who have to walk the walk every night for a couple of weeks. I used to have to be out there for at least three weeks before the el mirador gauntlet became walkable.so yes I agree its bloody annoying. No wonder AI is so popular. Wake up Tenerife., tourists have changed.

Spot on Delderek.

irishmusico
06-08-2013, 14:31
Are you going for a drink? No.Would you like something to eat?No. Are you going on the pub crawl? No. Hi folks where are you off to now? No. Hey del boy. No. Lookie lookie? No. Have you got your scratch cards for the market?( best not say no to this one) Are you British? No. Are you Irish? No. Have you got a credit card? No. Are you an idiot? No. Are you superman? No. Do you like listening to a load of sh%t for an hour or two? No. Would you like to enter a free draw? No. Could you do a quick survey with us? No. Would you like a free shot? No. Would you like some charlie? No. Would you like some puff? No. Would you like some gigi gigi? No. Are you mad? No.Are you going for a drink? No.Would you like something to eat?No. Are you going on the pub crawl? No. Hi folks where are you off to now? No. Hey del boy. No. Lookie lookie? No. Have you got your scratch cards for the market?( best not say no to this one) Are you British? No. Are you Irish? No. Have you got a credit card? No. Are you an idiot? No. Are you superman? No. Do you like listening to a load of sh%t for an hour or two? No. Would you like to enter a free draw? No. Could you do a quick survey with us? No. Would you like a free shot? No. Would you like some charlie? No. Would you like some puff? No. Would you like some gigi gigi? No. Are you mad? No.Are you going for a drink? No.Would you like something to eat?No. Are you going on the pub crawl? No. Hi folks where are you off to now? No. Hey del boy. No. Lookie lookie? No. Have you got your scratch cards for the market?( best not say no to this one) Are you British? No. Are you Irish? No. Have you got a credit card? No. Are you an idiot? No. Are you superman? No. Do you like listening to a load of sh%t for an hour or two? No. Would you like to enter a free draw? No. Could you do a quick survey with us? No. Would you like a free shot? No. Would you like some charlie? No. Would you like some puff? No. Would you like some gigi gigi? No. Are you mad? No.Are you going for a drink? No.Would you like something to eat?No. Are you going on the pub crawl? No. Hi folks where are you off to now? No. Hey del boy. No. Lookie lookie? No. Have you got your scratch cards for the market?( best not say no to this one) Are you British? No. Are you Irish? No. Have you got a credit card? No. Are you an idiot? No. Are you superman? No. Do you like listening to a load of sh%t for an hour or two? No. Would you like to enter a free draw? No. Could you do a quick survey with us? No. Would you like a free shot? No. Would you like some charlie? No. Would you like some puff? No. Would you like some gigi gigi? No. Are you mad? No.Are you going for a drink? No.Would you like something to eat?No. Are you going on the pub crawl? No. Hi folks where are you off to now? No. Hey del boy. No. Lookie lookie? No. Have you got your scratch cards for the market?( best not say no to this one) Are you British? No. Are you Irish? No. Have you got a credit card? No. Are you an idiot? No. Are you superman? No. Do you like listening to a load of sh%t for an hour or two? No. Would you like to enter a free draw? No. Could you do a quick survey with us? No. Would you like a free shot? No. Would you like some charlie? No. Would you like some puff? No. Would you like some gigi gigi? No. Are you mad? No.Are you going for a drink? No.Would you like something to eat?No. Are you going on the pub crawl? No. Hi folks where are you off to now? No. Hey del boy. No. Lookie lookie? No. Have you got your scratch cards for the market?( best not say no to this one) Are you British? No. Are you Irish? No. Have you got a credit card? No. Are you an idiot? No. Are you superman? No. Do you like listening to a load of sh%t for an hour or two? No. Would you like to enter a free draw? No. Could you do a quick survey with us? No. Would you like a free shot? No. Would you like some charlie? No. Would you like some puff? No. Would you like some gigi gigi? No. Are you mad? No.

Seriously,how hard is that? ;)

rosemary
06-08-2013, 16:07
Irish YOU MUST PUBLISH THIS! Brilliant. It was exactly my, and others. point. Yes of course you can keep on saying No but who the hell needs it????!!

It is offensive because it is often deeply insincere and patronising. The PR's are bored out of their skulls and know that it is the crappiest job ever invented. They are acting out of humiliation to be doing it. They pass this deeply unpleasant feeling onto you, they cannot help it. It makes an evening out a total nightmare. We are residents and now never go out in the evening, it is so unpleasant an experience. We eat on a Sunday at 2 with a load of Spanish families and it is a joy and no I will not tell you where but it is the best and the freshest food ever! And they GET IT! They do not need a PR! AAAaaagh.sorry for the rant.

When oh when is Tenerife going to wake up and smell the coffee.....tourists have changed, someone else said it too.

chifleta
06-08-2013, 16:25
Irish YOU MUST PUBLISH THIS! Brilliant. It was exactly my, and others. point. Yes of course you can keep on saying No but who the hell needs it????!!

It is offensive because it is often deeply insincere and patronising. The PR's are bored out of their skulls and know that it is the crappiest job ever invented. They are acting out of humiliation to be doing it. They pass this deeply unpleasant feeling onto you, they cannot help it. It makes an evening out a total nightmare. We are residents and now never go out in the evening, it is so unpleasant an experience. We eat on a Sunday at 2 with a load of Spanish families and it is a joy and no I will not tell you where but it is the best and the freshest food ever! And they GET IT! They do not need a PR! AAAaaagh.sorry for the rant.

When oh when is Tenerife going to wake up and smell the coffee.....tourists have changed, someone else said it too.

LOL I thought I had smellyvision for a moment then, and then I realised hubby was making coffee in the wee metal perculator on the stove .....

canary boy
06-08-2013, 17:20
LOL I thought I had smellyvision for a moment then, and then I realised hubby was making coffee in the wee metal perculator on the stove .....

its easy just tell them i only eat at restaurants that dont have touts because there the best because they don't need touts

the looky looky men are just plain annoying

Margaretta
06-08-2013, 19:42
I hate walking the promenade in Los Cristianos because of the PR's. many people walk as far away from the restaurants as possible because it's just continual pestering. After all these years I still find them sooooo annoying and undermining our intelligence. We tend to eat in and visit other, quieter areas with a more Spanish feel. Don't need a PR; we can READ and THINK and CHOOSE for ourselves. The practice should stop.

irishmusico
06-08-2013, 20:08

It is offensive because it is often deeply insincere and patronising. The PR's are bored out of their skulls and know that it is the crappiest job ever invented. They are acting out of humiliation to be doing it. They pass this deeply unpleasant feeling onto you, they cannot help it. It makes an evening out a total nightmare.

I totally get your point,though its only offensive if you let it be. Put yourself in their head( not for their benefit but for yours) they are not out trying to make you annoyed,we all do that on our own.
Until it changes,just smile and say no,or you could copy and paste my other post onto a Tshirt.
Or failing that,get yourself an AK47 and you and your mates can pick them off and keep score :)

delderek
06-08-2013, 20:36
Does nobody ever listen in Tenerife, 99% of comments on this subject are negative. So are the "Street Guys" good for Tenerife: Form your own conclusions! Or why not just let it carry on, because that is how it has always been:nono:

But hang on, thinking back to when I purchased my place 20 years ago it wasn't like that. PR's didn't exist (time share yes), There were enough tourists to fill up up everything. So now who or what has driven the tourists away?

warbey
06-08-2013, 20:55
Whoever You are, the Patter will be the Same, with excerpts from the Brilliant Post earlier, but not ALL I hope.

The variable is how You deal with it.

Residents are usually identified as such, and I believe the Visitors are Targetted the most.

We are all different and each Individual will react as They think Fit or let Themselves be Provoked, when They may be Teased.

Years ago, I grabbed a Timeshare Something by the Throat, after obscenities were used. Thankfully My Wife intervened.

Lesson Learnt......Never stop and argue.....

Old saying..If You can't stand the Heat, get out of the Kitchen..

kathml
06-08-2013, 21:10
The main reason I haven't gone near las Americas for years and to Los Cristianos occasionally on business i stay in medano where there are no Chinese ladies no PRs there is a lookie man goes round selling DVDs once in a while but he's harmless

I definitely would not visit either of the two big resorts after dark

Cati
06-08-2013, 22:43
I think that although the PRīs may annoy some people they are at least working with the current terrible unemployment figures in Spain they are doing well to be in a job in Spain.

marbro8
07-08-2013, 07:14
I totally get your point,though its only offensive if you let it be. Put yourself in their head( not for their benefit but for yours) they are not out trying to make you annoyed,we all do that on our own.
Until it changes,just smile and say no,or you could copy and paste my other post onto a Tshirt.
Or failing that,get yourself an AK47 and you and your mates can pick them off and keep score :)i find just getting a tan helps;)

TOPGUN77
07-08-2013, 14:07
I just ignore them

rosemary
07-08-2013, 14:40
I just ignore them

We all try to do that. But it takes a certain amount of mental energy to ignore a noise that steps in your way. It's collectively exhausting and why the hell should anyone's peace of mind be so invaded in a public place? it's like walking in bedlam.

TOPGUN77
07-08-2013, 15:17
We all try to do that. But it takes a certain amount of mental energy to ignore a noise that steps in your way. It's collectively exhausting and why the hell should anyone's peace of mind be so invaded in a public place? it's like walking in bedlam.

I used to reply to there comments but not any more like I said just ignore them and they will go away, better still wear a pair of ear defenders lol

rosemary
07-08-2013, 16:47
I used to reply to there comments but not any more like I said just ignore them and they will go away, better still wear a pair of ear defenders lol

Trouble with ignoring things Topgun is that they never go away.

marbro8
07-08-2013, 17:22
Trouble with ignoring things Topgun is that they never go away.a few years back we encountered some timeshare touts, and after a few days of banter we actually used to stop and talk to them on our travels(after they realized that there was no way on earth we were going to a presentation),and there was this one really annoying scouse gitt that really pushed all the wrong buttons with my wife, especially as HIS wife ripped us off by charging us €40 for some aloe vera cream,anyway as we were walking past the italian on el mirador strip in may there he was large as life pr ing outside, i thought my wife was going to kill him:laugh: i just said to him "don't even bother mate" but he is another that will not take no for an answer until someone clouts him one:laugh:

tracy hampshire
07-08-2013, 17:46
walk with a dog, lookie lookie men won t go near them , & the pr s wont be so keen to get you into there bar / resaurant etc, doesn t help the tourists who only come for a week i know, but it worked for me when i lived in puerto de la cruz :dogwalk:

delderek
07-08-2013, 18:39
Could be a good new business....Hire a Doggie for the evening:whistle:

Angusjim
07-08-2013, 18:41
walk with a dog, lookie lookie men won t go near them , & the pr s wont be so keen to get you into there bar / resaurant etc, doesn t help the tourists who only come for a week i know, but it worked for me when i lived in puerto de la cruz :dogwalk:

I see many people walking with "dogs" does not seem to deter them:whistle::laugh:

TOPGUN77
07-08-2013, 18:52
I see many people walking with "dogs" does not seem to deter them:whistle::laugh:
If you had a Rockweiler it would :laugh:

marbro8
07-08-2013, 19:32
I see many people walking with "dogs" does not seem to deter them:whistle::laugh:i think that went over most members heads:laugh::D

Medman
07-08-2013, 19:46
i think that went over most members heads:laugh::D

No, that's what the carrier bag is for .. :tongue: :ghost:

nuneatonred
09-08-2013, 18:59
is there any law with the lucky lucky men when it comes to entering pubs and resturants ? from what i saw the past few weeks owners can't stop them wandering in and pestering thier customers...BUT i did notice that if anyones eating they walk by them to the next table...one evening last week my wife and kids were sat outside the moonlight pub in toviscas and had 6 sunglasses sellers approach us in 10 minutes when number 7 approached and number 8 behind him i stood up and said out loud...''not being funny mate but see him there? he's number 6,your the 7th and him behind you is the 8th were not interested'' they all seemed to melt away after that

trevorife2
09-08-2013, 19:24
No, that's what the carrier bag is for .. :tongue: :ghost:
Or the flashing hat glasses and earings for that matter :nono:

warbey
09-08-2013, 20:33
is there any law with the lucky lucky men when it comes to entering pubs and resturants ? from what i saw the past few weeks owners can't stop them wandering in and pestering thier customers...BUT i did notice that if anyones eating they walk by them to the next table...one evening last week my wife and kids were sat outside the moonlight pub in toviscas and had 6 sunglasses sellers approach us in 10 minutes when number 7 approached and number 8 behind him i stood up and said out loud...''not being funny mate but see him there? he's number 6,your the 7th and him behind you is the 8th were not interested'' they all seemed to melt away after that

On an earlier and similat Thread, I believe that The Owner/Manager can refuse Entry.

Trouble is, a Lot of Tables are actually OUTSIDE of Their Property, so are really on the Footpath or Road or Promenade.

As it then is a Public thoroughfare anyone can be there.....

Some will bar Them, but Others prefer not to risk comebacks........

marbro8
09-08-2013, 20:46
On an earlier and similat Thread, I believe that The Owner/Manager can refuse Entry.

Trouble is, a Lot of Tables are actually OUTSIDE of Their Property, so are actually on the Footpath or Road or Promenade.

As it then is a Public thoroughfare anyone can be there.....

Some will bar Them, but Others prefer not to risk comebacks........margarita's in los cris do not allow them in, it was so good in there i thought i was on holiday:lol:

golazzo
09-08-2013, 21:00
margarita's in los cris do not allow them in, it was so good in there i thought i was on holiday:lol:

Ill be in there 3 week today

marbro8
09-08-2013, 21:05
Ill be in there 3 week todaygood for you;) say hello to alli for us and we will be there in 8 weeks;), just be careful walking past that bit of waste ground towards the el mirador strip, scum bag bag snatchers took member wooli's wifes bag there, he got a few jabs in and bounced a few bricks of their bonces but they got away:angry:

trevorife2
09-08-2013, 21:16
good for you;) say hello to alli for us and we will be there in 8 weeks;), just be careful walking past that bit of waste ground towards the el mirador strip, scum bag bag snatchers took member wooli's wifes bag there, he got a few jabs in and bounced a few bricks of their bonces but they got away:angry: where is this waste ground marbs ??

marbro8
09-08-2013, 21:23
where is this waste ground marbs ??as you walk out of margarita's turn left and you walk past a few bars including the swan, then you come to a large piece of waste ground on your left as you walk towards the traffic island with the mongolian bar in front of you;)

golazzo
10-08-2013, 06:28
as you walk out of margarita's turn left and you walk past a few bars including the swan, then you come to a large piece of waste ground on your left as you walk towards the traffic island with the mongolian bar in front of you;)

Directly opposite El Brasero before you reach The Paramount Apartments on the corner. Incidentally the waste ground you are referring to is where El Brasero used to be.

Possible word of advice either cross over onto the other side of the road or maybe walk in the centre of the road.

Must say tho I've walked passed there many a times and not had a problem, mine you tho I'm pushing 18 stone, so there more than welcome to have a go if they like

trevorife2
10-08-2013, 08:14
I think ive walked back through this wasteland and if i remember i stuck my i phone down my socks as i walked along as it was a bit dodgy

Bazz
10-08-2013, 14:22
good for you;) say hello to alli for us and we will be there in 8 weeks;), just be careful walking past that bit of waste ground towards the el mirador strip, scum bag bag snatchers took member wooli's wifes bag there, he got a few jabs in and bounced a few bricks of their bonces but they got away:angry:

We usually have a walk about around this area.
Did this happen late at night? :grrrr:

cheery
10-08-2013, 15:23
I remember seeing PRs as long ago as 1995, so they have been around a long while. As for the Russians, I remember signs at Aqualand in Russian at the same time so they have also been here for a while. Maybe there are just more of both that they get noticed more.

marbro8
11-08-2013, 16:15
We usually have a walk about around this area.
Did this happen late at night? :grrrr:yes mate there is a thread posted by woolli on what happened, i think they were on their way back from margarita's

EricN
11-08-2013, 19:15
Latest trick I have heard for deterring maitre de and pushy waiters and some PR's is to "borrow" an AI wristband or one that looks like an AI band and just flash it at the PR's. Apparently it deters some.

If nobody bought anything from the lookie lookie men then they wouldnt be still there selling. So it is our own fault. Although I wish they would stay out of the bars.

TOPGUN77
11-08-2013, 19:29
What annoys me of the lookie lookie men they must be blind or daft,i always wear sunglasses and a watch and they try and sell me the same rolleyes2: