PDA

View Full Version : Why are posts being doubled up on the Tenerife Forum?

delderek
15-08-2013, 14:03
Thought it was my computer, that when replying to posts, everything hangs. Only to find that it has posted and indeed double posted. But noticed many other posters are also being doubled.

Bobby
15-08-2013, 14:06
Thought it was my computer, that when replying to posts, everything hangs. Only to find that it has posted and indeed double posted. But noticed many other posters are also being doubled.

Yes I've found this but thought it was my computer stuttering!

Malteser Monkey
15-08-2013, 14:17
Yes I've had it a couple of times in the past but not recently

Angusjim
15-08-2013, 14:37
Yes I've had it a couple of times in the past but not recently

Its bad enough reading your ramblings once:lol::whistle:

Malteser Monkey
15-08-2013, 14:48
Its bad enough reading your ramblings once:lol::whistle:

Oooo someone's a sore loser:wink::laugh:

TOTO 99
15-08-2013, 20:02
To be honest I have no idea why this happens but I have found that it seems to happen more if you take a long time with a reply. By that I mean that you open the box to reply but then take ages to think what you're going to type and keep changing the wording etc. So stop dithering and think first before opening the reply box....

To be honest I have no idea why this happens but I have found that it seems to happen more if you take a long time with a reply. By that I mean that you open the box to reply but then take ages to think what you're going to type and keep changing the wording etc. So stop dithering and think first before opening the reply box....:laugh:

karinagal
15-08-2013, 20:48
What I do to avoid this is as follows:

Type your post

If it 'fails' copy it

Don't try to send it a second time - view the thread and if its not already there, try again and paste the copied post...

Works for me!!

Malteser Monkey
16-08-2013, 08:50
To be honest I have no idea why this happens but I have found that it seems to happen more if you take a long time with a reply. By that I mean that you open the box to reply but then take ages to think what you're going to type and keep changing the wording etc. So stop dithering and think first before opening the reply box....

To be honest I have no idea why this happens but I have found that it seems to happen more if you take a long time with a reply. By that I mean that you open the box to reply but then take ages to think what you're going to type and keep changing the wording etc. So stop dithering and think first before opening the reply box....:laugh:

I will try that

I will try that

What I do to avoid this is as follows:

Type your post

If it 'fails' copy it

Don't try to send it a second time - view the thread and if its not already there, try again and paste the copied post...

Works for me!!

That's when it happens yes ! Right so copy it Good one Karina !

TOTO 99
16-08-2013, 10:30
Joking apart, it does seem to happen with lengthy posts.

It also happens when you press to post but then it just hangs for ages so you press post again thinking it's not going to go.

I find that once it starts "hanging" just go back to the previous page. It then shows up on the page ( in single form ).

Malteser Monkey
16-08-2013, 10:57
Joking apart, it does seem to happen with lengthy posts.

It also happens when you press to post but then it just hangs for ages so you press post again thinking it's not going to go.

I find that once it starts "hanging" just go back to the previous page. It then shows up on the page ( in single form ).

If it happens you can just click EDIT and delete the second post - have done that on several occasions

TOTO 99
16-08-2013, 10:59
If it happens you can just click EDIT and delete the second post - have done that on several occasions

Pity you don't clear 'em all off.....:lol:

Malteser Monkey
16-08-2013, 11:06

What mine or others ?

If it's mine you're referring too you can move along ! :bootyshake:

Angusjim
16-08-2013, 12:58

But that would cut back the overall posts on the Forum by 50%:lol:

Malteser Monkey
16-08-2013, 13:04
But that would cut back the overall posts on the Forum by 50%:lol:

Ha Ha you two - getting a bit too cocky for my liking !:redcard::D

TOTO 99
16-08-2013, 13:10
Ha Ha you two - getting a bit too cocky for my liking !:redcard::D

Lol..how come that word wasn't starred out?

Malteser Monkey
16-08-2013, 13:31
Lol..how come that word wasn't starred out?

Coz it's me - and I'm not potty minded like you lot:whistle:

Coz it's me - and I'm not potty minded like you lot:whistle:

keeping on topic:wink: