PDA

View Full Version : Cars & Transport What paperwork do I need to ship a motorcycle to Tenerife?

bandit
15-08-2013, 18:07
can anyone give me info on the paperwork needed if I ship my Harley to Tenerife, will I have to pay import taxes? I want to move out and bring the bike within the next 3 moths

Tom & Sharon
15-08-2013, 18:34
can anyone give me info on the paperwork needed if I ship my Harley to Tenerife, will I have to pay import taxes? I want to move out and bring the bike within the next 3 moths

Our neighbours who moved out last year shipped a Harley, and then matriculated it with no problem.

If you pm me your email address, I will pass your question on.

Topacciolo
11-09-2013, 18:38
I imported my Triumph Speed Triple in December last year. Iīm doing all the paperwork now and itīs quiet a pain.
You only need to have the UK paperwork of your bike and the full documentation of the shipment. I didnīt pay any VAT on it because i was explained that if you record it as change of residency the on the 1st shipment you do not pay VAT on anything. If you get your staff shipped in and in a second time you get the bike i think custom will make you pay VAT. thatīs how they explain it to me. For my triumph 1050cc 2007 is costing me around a €1000 to get it registered. You have to pay a tax on the emission of the bike... i donīt know how itīs called... You can spend less if you want to go around and get all the paperwork done yourself (it may cosat you the same on petrol if you donīt know where to go and who to talk to..:-) ) but i had some one that did all that for me because during the day iīm working so i had no time...
If you have any modification done (Exhaust is the main problem usually) make sure you bring the original or get in touch with Harley here beforehand and they may be able to give you one just for the day (They did it for a friend of mine. Is 883 didnīt pass the test for noise so they lend him a set of silencers just for the day...). My exhaust passed all the test in UK so i thought it would do the same here but no... UK regulation are different and here on sound and emission are really really picky. The lights also need to be changed. The reflector inside points to the left side of the Rd in UK and obviously here they need to point the other way... Didnīt say anything about the speedo in miles.... anything else... just asked... like i said... iīm doing mine right now... Iīm actually waiting for my original exhaust from you UK to arrive... and than i will have to go and do the test again...
Also very common on Harleys the registration plate support. If you have the one on the side o the bike is not legal here. Again, you need the original or one that make the bike as long as the original specification says... mine was 2cm short and they made a big fuss about it... they let go eventually but i had to talk to 3 different people....

bandit
11-09-2013, 18:59
I imported my Triumph Speed Triple in December last year. Iīm doing all the paperwork now and itīs quiet a pain.
You only need to have the UK paperwork of your bike and the full documentation of the shipment. I didnīt pay any VAT on it because i was explained that if you record it as change of residency the on the 1st shipment you do not pay VAT on anything. If you get your staff shipped in and in a second time you get the bike i think custom will make you pay VAT. thatīs how they explain it to me. For my triumph 1050cc 2007 is costing me around a €1000 to get it registered. You have to pay a tax on the emission of the bike... i donīt know how itīs called... You can spend less if you want to go around and get all the paperwork done yourself (it may cosat you the same on petrol if you donīt know where to go and who to talk to..:-) ) but i had some one that did all that for me because during the day iīm working so i had no time...
If you have any modification done (Exhaust is the main problem usually) make sure you bring the original or get in touch with Harley here beforehand and they may be able to give you one just for the day (They did it for a friend of mine. Is 883 didnīt pass the test for noise so they lend him a set of silencers just for the day...). My exhaust passed all the test in UK so i thought it would do the same here but no... UK regulation are different and here on sound and emission are really really picky. The lights also need to be changed. The reflector inside points to the left side of the Rd in UK and obviously here they need to point the other way... Didnīt say anything about the speedo in miles.... anything else... just asked... like i said... iīm doing mine right now... Iīm actually waiting for my original exhaust from you UK to arrive... and than i will have to go and do the test again...
Also very common on Harleys the registration plate support. If you have the one on the side o the bike is not legal here. Again, you need the original or one that make the bike as long as the original specification says... mine was 2cm short and they made a big fuss about it... they let go eventually but i had to talk to 3 different people....

Thanks very much, I have ordered some standard pipes

Topacciolo
11-09-2013, 20:13
Thanks very much, I have ordered some standard pipes

Good thinking!!! :-)

bandit
11-09-2013, 20:33
Good thinking!!! :-)

I have been looking for covers for my riding lights and will be picking uo a new headlight for use in tenerife, once again thanks very much