PDA

View Full Version : Health Where can I get diet meal replacement shakes in Tenerife?

lynnangela
17-08-2013, 11:14
Are there any agents for diet meal replacements like Cambridge diet,Exante (preferably), or similar such thing in Tenerife, or can you buy them in supermarkets or chemists? These are the meal replacement shakes like a packet milkshake that is mixed with water.

I can bring some out with me from UK, but I would rather buy in Tenerife. I cant have slimfast as that has sugar in it. Im type 2 diabetic and doing these meal replacements 2 or 3 times a week instead of eating helps keeps my blood sugars under control, allowing me to eat more 'normally' on other days. For me its more effective than upping my meds. Im going to be in Tenerife for 2 or 3 months,so not realistic to bring them with me really.

sunseeker
18-08-2013, 19:53
Where will you be living?

lynnangela
19-08-2013, 00:16
Where will you be living?

Golf Del Sur

KirstyJay
19-08-2013, 09:45
There's a health food place in the Apollo centre in Los Cristianos. I'm not sure if it's still there, or if it sells shakes, but maybe someone that lives in the area could confirm. :)

Foz
19-08-2013, 14:20
They sell them in the health food shop within Hyper Trebol in Adeje ... but that's a bit far for you. Mercadona do sell meal replacement shakes but not the actual brands you mention.

Jason 4656
20-08-2013, 10:48
If its as important as keeping your bs under control surely you would be best to bring with you as you have no clue what is in some stuff, working in the supplement industry for 10 years producing all different types of mrps i can tell you that they are not all equal!

You could buy your own wpc (whey protein concentrate) then either oats/waxy maize starch as a complex carb, ie lower glycemic index + a good fat like flax or mct powder and then just make your own up in sachets and bring them if your not going to be here long, or even for 20quid ish shipping send them to yourself or someone here, I would suggest its a much better option than trecking round shops reading labels?? or alternatively send the ones you have over, you would pay the postage cost extra on the products here anyway, any form of supplement is expensive.

hope that helps

lynnangela
21-08-2013, 22:13
Thanks for the suggestions everyone, that's really helpful. The key with these meal replacement shakes is that they must not have any sugar in them, some do surprisingly (Slimfast for instance does). Im going to be here for 3 months, so I would happily have them shipped out but I understood (maybe wrongly) that getting a delivery can be difficult if you cannot prove residential status. We are just renting here for 3 months. anyway, I found something in Mercadonna today and it does not list sugar(azucar) as an ingredient, so I will try them and see if it has the appropriate effect, if not then ill take a drive out to the Hyper Trebol at Adeje and have a look at whats available there.

Jason 4656
22-08-2013, 11:20
just remember there are all sorts of hidden ingredients in stuff, and they label sugars in many ways, that will affect your bs

glucosa
dextrosa
maltodextrina
fructosa

at least thats googles translations :) hope that helps